Lt. Commander
# 11
07-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Going on 2 days and not even one comment? Hmmm perhaps I'm going about this the wrong way.
Lt. Commander
As of week ending: 11/06/2011:

The general purpose of this posting will be to highlight my top 3 to 5 missions I review in a week. Since I am already reviewing the missions for content in a separate posting I will not regurgitate those reports in detail here.

Before I start I would first like to say thanks to all of you who have spent your time authoring missions to make the game that much richer. As an author I know how much time you can spend developing a good mission, so thanks!

----------Report Start-----------

I have conducted just over 30 in depth evaluations of Federation missions. Many of which were submitted to my forum posting but not all of them. So here are my top 15 of the 30 Federation Missions:
1. Overture series 1 through 3: I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of these missions. The story is outstanding and extremely detailed. There are several places where I laughed out loud. There are several places where I really had no idea what would come next. I like that in a story. More specific information on the mission from the author KineticImpulser can be found on their forum posting: Star Trek: Overture.
2. Deadly Intentions (Series): This is a great series which has kept me riveted to my seat every step of the way. Your writing and maps is outstanding. More specific information from the author Sovereign77x can be found on their forum posting: Deadly Intentions - A Techno-Political Thriller.
3. Dereliction Duty: This was one of the best missions Iíve played from the Foundry. The story is excellent and served to draw me into the mission. The map design and battles are very well done. More specific information on the mission from the author Nagorak can be found on their forum posting: Dereliction Duty- An interactive Star Trek story.
4. Good Intentions - Parts I and II: Both missions are outstanding. The story dialog, the battles and the strange new alien race are all very well done. More specific information on the mission from the author RogueEnterprise can be found on their forum posting: Good Intentions - Parts I and II.
5. Carnosaur Sanctum and Exodus of Dragons: Both are truly a great mission! The entire series has a great story with well written dialog that includes plot twists and some battles to mix it up a little. More specific information from the author Gugeyewalker can be found on their forum posting: Mission Trailor - Exodus of Dragons and Carnosaur Sanctum.
6. Spawn of Medusa (Series): More specific information from the author Duke-of-Rock can be found on their forum posting: Spawn of Medusa .
7. Pioneer (Series): This is an excellent series. The dialog is well written and the maps are very well done. The fights are tough but a good challenge. More specific information from the author Kahn can be found on their forum posting: The Pioneer Series by Kahn.
8. City of the Polmar Ree: This is an outstanding mission. The story dialog is engaging and the maps are stunning. The investigative elements and effects on each map are excellent. More specific information from the author alimac30 can be found on their forum posting: City of the Polmar Ree.
9. Surrounded: This is an outstanding mission with great map designs well written dialog and good battles. More specific information from the author Cerritouru can be found on their forum posting: Surrounded.
10. One of None: This is a fantastic mission. The level of effort put into the mission from the writing, through map design and the story execution kept me interested for the entire mission. More specific information from the author Commander_Charvanek can be found on their forum posting: New Mission: One of None.
11. Alpha And Omega - The Prologue: It's a good start to your series. Very intriguing and I like the premise. You did a good job developing the overall story. In my opinion it had just the right balance of dialog and action. More specific information from the author Mazimer can be found on their forum posting: Alpha And Omega - The Featured Series.
12. Class Dismissed (Series): This is some of the best map design and dialog writing I have seen The battles were well balanced and fun. More specific information from the author Capt.PFDennis can be found on their forum posting: The Phoenix of Bavar.
13. Bishop's Crook: It was a great mission and I liked the story too. You did a good job writing and developing the story. More specific information from the author Pi-3Orionis can be found on their forum posting: Bishop's Crook (Ties that Blind trilogy).
14. A Relic's Return (Series): Excellent mission! It is dialog heavy but the story was very engaging and well written. The entire series drew me in and kept me interested. More specific information from the author Armsman can be found on their forum posting: A Relic's Return (Conclusion).
15. The Mysteries of Pon Farr: This is a great mission! Really well written and you did a great job developing the story. I liked the map design More specific information from the author Bazag can be found on their forum posting: The Mysteries of Pon Farr.

For the Klingon missions Iíve only had one submitted to my forum posting In depth mission reports upon request. Iíve evaluated two others in depth and about twenty or so leaving only the feedback that STO allows. Of those missions only one scored four stars from me.

So I guess what Iím trying to say are the Klingon missions will start out at 3 out of 23 Klingon Missions:
1. Trill Death Do We Part: This is a great mission. The dialog is very well written and serves to drive the story. The map design and effects are really good. The battles are glorious! More specific information from the author Kahn would be found on their forum posting if they had one for this mission. In lieu of that you can find information about the mission on my posting: Trill Death Do We Part Forum Post.
2. Order of Hov'lw: This is a good mission with a good short story and some good battles. More specific information from the author SBCouto can be found on their forum posting: KLINGON MISSION- Order of Hov'lw- Please Try!
3. Prologue: Demons and Traitors: This is a great story, well written and great map design. I was unable to find any entry for the Author Aesir_Vanguard regarding this mission.
---------End Report----------

If youíd like to submit a mission for evaluation please submit it to my forum posting In depth mission reports upon request. The missions do not have to be deep dialog driven stories, just a good fun mission. I will also be selecting from the postings you submit to the "The Foundry For Star Trek Online - Mission Database" forum.

Thanks again for authoring.
Lt. Commander
# 13 Thank you!
11-07-2011, 08:16 PM
As one of the first authors to receive your reviews, I have been extremely impressed by the quality of your work. When I first saw what you were committing to--the level of detail you were promising to provide--I thought it was an ambitious project to say the least. Yet somehow, you've kept up with demand and provided an invaluable service to myself and many other Foundry authors. I think I speak for many people when I say, "Thank you!"

p.s. I finally implemented your suggestion regarding the "Skip Dialogue" option. I'm happy to report that the "too much dialogue" criticism has vanished from the player reviews I'm getting.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign77x View Post
As one of the first authors to receive your reviews, I have been extremely impressed by the quality of your work. When I first saw what you were committing to--the level of detail you were promising to provide--I thought it was an ambitious project to say the least. Yet somehow, you've kept up with demand and provided an invaluable service to myself and many other Foundry authors. I think I speak for many people when I say, "Thank you!"
Thanks for the compliment. It is greatly appreciated. I really do enjoy reviewing peopleís missions and Iíve hoped the critiques I provide help them. I often read other peopleís short reviews on STO as I get ready to play the mission. Some of the feedback I see is quite unhelpful to say the least. Even the worst of missions Iíve played deserves a constructive review. I would like to believe anyone who spends their time developing a mission is trying to do the best they can. I figure if I can provide constructive feedback they may improve their work. If not, at least I tried to help them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign77x View Post
p.s. I finally implemented your suggestion regarding the "Skip Dialogue" option. I'm happy to report that the "too much dialogue" criticism has vanished from the player reviews I'm getting.
Iím glad the suggestion helped. It certainly worked for me and I figured it could help another author so I passed it on. I donít mind sharing ideas with other authors. The exchange ideas and techniques make the database of missions better and therefore more entertaining and more fulfilling for us all.

I would like to let everyone know that just because they may not have made it on this list I still appreciate their efforts in authoring missions. I hope they pick that up from my evaluations of their individual missions.

Thanks again for the compliment. It has been my honor to review others missions.
Brian
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-08-2011, 06:25 AM
Evil70th, you are doing a fantastic job for this community , with all the problems that the foundry has, and the constant loss of authors, your work gets more important every single day. Please, keep at it, and thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Here's the Starbase UGC Wiki page for Trill Death Do We Part

Starbase UGC Wiki: Trill Death Do We Part

Here's also a new forum post for the mission where people can leave feedback!

Trill Death Do We Part Forum Post

Thanks again for your reviews!
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-08-2011, 11:47 AM
It's an honor to be included on your list. Thank you for your in depth reviews as well.
You are providing a great service to the Foundry community at a time when things
are in an uneasy position.

Thanks again Sir.

Craig
aka: Duke-of-Rock
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Sweet! Thanks for making Carnosaur and Exodus numbers 5!

Having constructive reviewers out there encourages us to want to do more and continue to improve.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-08-2011, 04:39 PM
I too want to say thanks for including my two missions in your top 15 list (to date.) I was one of the one's you just did as you saw the trhread announcing I'd just published A Relic's Return (Conclusion); but tyou gave feedback that was clear, consise, and honest; and I couldn't ask any better feedback from a player (And helped get the mission off "Review Content tab Hell" .)

Thanks again.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerritouru View Post
Evil70th, you are doing a fantastic job for this community, with all the problems that the foundry has, and the constant loss of authors, your work gets more important every single day. Please, keep at it, and thank you.
Thank you for the words of encouragement. You are very welcome and I enjoyed reviewing your mission. Thank you for authoring and keep it up.
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahn View Post
Here's the Starbase UGC Wiki page for Trill Death Do We Part

Starbase UGC Wiki: Trill Death Do We Part

Here's also a new forum post for the mission where people can leave feedback!

Trill Death Do We Part Forum Post

Thanks again for your reviews!
I have updated your link in this posting for ďTrill Death Do we PartĒ. All your missions were well written with twists and turns that keep the player involved. Thank you for authoring and keep it up.
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Rock View Post
It's an honor to be included on your list. Thank you for your in depth reviews as well.
You are providing a great service to the Foundry community at a time when things
are in an uneasy position.

Thanks again Sir.

Craig
aka: Duke-of-Rock
All four of your Medusa series that Iíve reviewed are simply great missions, from the writing to the map design and effects execution. Thank you for authoring and keep up the great work.
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugeyewalker View Post
Sweet! Thanks for making Carnosaur and Exodus numbers 5!

Having constructive reviewers out there encourages us to want to do more and continue to improve.
Your work on those missions was outstanding. The writing is superb. The map designs are simply great. I have always believed in giving constructive reviews. To me it is better to encourage rather than discourage, especially when reviewing some ones work. Thank you for authoring and please keep up the great work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
I too want to say thanks for including my two missions in your top 15 list (to date.) I was one of the one's you just did as you saw the trhread announcing I'd just published A Relic's Return (Conclusion); but tyou gave feedback that was clear, consise, and honest; and I couldn't ask any better feedback from a player (And helped get the mission off "Review Content tab Hell" .)

Thanks again.
It was my pleasure. Your missions were very well done, from the writing to the map designs. Simply great missions and it is apparent that you enjoyed making them. Thank you for authoring and keep up the great work.

Again I want to say thanks to everyone who is authoring missions out there even if you didnít make this list. Just remember I had to choose from more than 30 missions and that wasnít easy. Keep up the great work and I look forward to reviewing more missions. Iíll see you out thereÖ
Brian