Lt. Commander
# 21
08-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Invisible ninjas kick all kinds of bum. I love Ninja parades too. They always creep by unnoticed and then you check your pockets...and they're full of candy! Anyways, I hope Cryptic does give us something big but I have to be honest...I'm not optimistic. It's my b-day this weekend and I'm sure they know....which means a big package of nothing is coming our way. You're welcome!
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Looking forward to the details.
I can be there for the earlier part, and then on the autograph lines.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Sadly mu transporter seems malfunctioning..Hopr that heyd have that kind of things here in Finland as well but at least we used to have snow in the past.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-04-2009, 03:10 PM
When will the devs come to my house? I have cake and as much tea as they can drink.

We can talk STO and nerd related goodness and then I can slip some Rohypnol in the drinks and tie them up in the basement to get Starship Interior guarantees for the things I want.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebort5050 View Post
When will the devs come to my house? I have cake and as much tea as they can drink.

We can talk STO and nerd related goodness and then I can slip some Rohypnol in the drinks and tie them up in the basement to get Starship Interior guarantees for the things I want.
Shh, only Bond villains reveal their plans before they actually do them. Your plan will be foiled if you tell them all the details.

Also there's 2 decent conventions that I know of. Both in London (Earls court and ExCel) but other than that I think the UK is terrible at hosting conventions. Not as bad as Scotland but no where near as good as the US. I think the terrible public transport system has something to do with it. Its very Klingon-unfriendly.

Sadly I can't make it to the US as all my personal jets have been confiscated and my bad knee prevents me from walking there. I hope it all goes well and we get plenty of feedback from it from both sides of the Cryptic community.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked_Warbird
Shh, only Bond villains reveal their plans before they actually do them. Your plan will be foiled if you tell them all the details.

Also there's 2 decent conventions that I know of. Both in London (Earls court and ExCel) but other than that I think the UK is terrible at hosting conventions. Not as bad as Scotland but no where near as good as the US. I think the terrible public transport system has something to do with it. Its very Klingon-unfriendly.

Sadly I can't make it to the US as all my personal jets have been confiscated and my bad knee prevents me from walking there. I hope it all goes well and we get plenty of feedback from it from both sides of the Cryptic community.
I share the same problem with you. My fleet of airliners are all in the shop for repair. Apparently telling the aviation authority they have impulse engines is not a bright idea.

Klingon on the tube would be stopped/shot by anti terror police and who would travel to London anyway? Vile horrible dirty place. I would get stabbed by the ghetto thug chavs no doubt.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Quote:
I share the same problem with you. My fleet of airliners are all in the shop for repair. Apparently telling the aviation authority they have impulse engines is not a bright idea.

Klingon on the tube would be stopped/shot by anti terror police and who would travel to London anyway? Vile horrible dirty place. I would get stabbed by the ghetto thug chavs no doubt.
The aviation authorities have a natural distrust of Star Trek. They believe it foretells of a prophesy that would see them out of work (for lack of planes and indeed air resistance you see). You should have told them you were using the impulse engines being developed by NASA instead of the ones in Star Trek. They would be more inclined to trust you then.

No one chooses to live in London. We are all trapped here as if we lived in an Orwellian nightmare, being hounded mercilessly by a zealous police force on one side and gangs of chavs who look like rejects from 'A Clockwork Orange' on the other. But alas, we must instead endure the wait and relate to the second hand information passed along to us by the greasy hands of a middle aged man dressed as a mugato.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked_Warbird
The aviation authorities have a natural distrust of Star Trek. They believe it foretells of a prophesy that would see them out of work (for lack of planes and indeed air resistance you see). You should have told them you were using the impulse engines being developed by NASA instead of the ones in Star Trek. They would be more inclined to trust you then.

No one chooses to live in London. We are all trapped here as if we lived in an Orwellian nightmare, being hounded mercilessly by a zealous police force on one side and gangs of chavs who look like rejects from 'A Clockwork Orange' on the other. But alas, we must instead endure the wait and relate to the second hand information passed along to us by the greasy hands of a middle aged man dressed as a mugato.
Your portrayal of London is very good.

I lived in Surrey for a year (I'm a Northoner) and had to go in to Kingston-Upon-Thames daily and I'm told by http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/ that is has a very high concentration of Chavs.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Your portrayal of London is very good.

I lived in Surrey for a year (I'm a Northoner) and had to go in to Kingston-Upon-Thames daily and I'm told by http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/ that is has a very high concentration of Chavs.
I had no idea such a source of information existed. I've instead had the misfortune of experiencing KUT first hand. Its chav-to-human ratio is indeed high. It seems to be their natural home although during the summer they migrate heavily to the center of London. Perhaps drawn by the fumes and bright lights of Piccadilly.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-04-2009, 04:14 PM
I dread to think of Poundland having a sale on Permanent black markers for them to sniff. They will cause a riot!