Lt. Commander
Okay so I was having trouble making a 1000 point purchase for 12 bucks the other day. Kept telling me to try again later. Well it finally went through and gave me 1000 points but I just checked my bank account and I've got 8 different charges for Cryptic points... That's $100 bucks! I have bills to pay and my fiance is gonna freakin KILL me!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-08-2011, 02:34 AM
We can't help you but try to send a support ticket to cryptic and explain your side of the issue. if Cryptic have overcharged you and they refuse to give back the money, you can either leave it, try to convince them to release it or complain the the right place for theft of money.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-08-2011, 02:36 AM
I opened a ticket and tried to contact a GM. This is bad... real bad. I have stuff getting ready to come out of my account for bills
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-08-2011, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer1979 View Post
I opened a ticket and tried to contact a GM. This is bad... real bad. I have stuff getting ready to come out of my account for bills
GM's cant help you (in fact they dont seem to be able to help anyone)... You need to contact billing support http://support.crypticstudios.com/startrekonline#help and tell them to give you your money back.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-08-2011, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
GM's cant help you (in fact they dont seem to be able to help anyone)...
damn right, they replied to a ticket i made days ago about the missing toon slot i had before the new patch and so far i haven't heard a damn word off them.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-08-2011, 03:28 AM
Your best bet is to use the link above to contact billing support.

However, judging by the described incident, the money will not have left the account. Your account has received a transaction request, it will then ring fence that money and send a confirmation request.

As the transactions will not have been completed, due to the "please try again" message and lack of email receipt, you will normally find that the transaction will effectively time out. This can take up to 5-10 working days.

Alternatively you can contact your bank/card supplier and explain this to them. They will be able to release the funds.

I hate working for a bank
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-08-2011, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xautos
damn right, they replied to a ticket i made days ago about the missing toon slot i had before the new patch and so far i haven't heard a damn word off them.
GM or "Game Masters" are SUPPOSED to be the ones who can help you along if you're stuck somewhere, or a mission bugs up horribly, but usually the reply is "Try leaving the mission, break the team and try again"...

Yea right... After having spend 4 hours in the Cure, and Donatra bugs up at the final segment I ABSOLUTELY want to try the mission from the beginning... NOT...

From what I've expirience and tried, GM's serve no practical function in the game.

Stick with the support link.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-08-2011, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaLion View Post
Your best bet is to use the link above to contact billing support.

However, judging by the described incident, the money will not have left the account. Your account has received a transaction request, it will then ring fence that money and send a confirmation request.

As the transactions will not have been completed, due to the "please try again" message and lack of email receipt, you will normally find that the transaction will effectively time out. This can take up to 5-10 working days.

Alternatively you can contact your bank/card supplier and explain this to them. They will be able to release the funds.

I hate working for a bank
This is actually very helpful and I appreciate your input. My "available balance" shows all of the transactions and appears to already be paid out however they are still in the "pending" section. PNC Bank if that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-08-2011, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer1979 View Post
This is actually very helpful and I appreciate your input. My "available balance" shows all of the transactions and appears to already be paid out however they are still in the "pending" section. PNC Bank if that helps.
Yeah it definately sounds like failed transactions. They will say pending as they are awaiting confirmation from cryptic. This will never come so they will time out.

I would contact your bank/card supplier as they should be able to cancel the transactions as they are pending.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-08-2011, 03:40 AM
Impressive... you managed to help out a user in a single post, seconds after you read it...

You might want to apply for a job at a unnamed support center.