Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Lt. Commander
I'm not saying tradable to others, or even tradable for generic salvage (or whatever we call them now). I am saying that it sucks when you have the Kellerun and Elite engines and then gut "lucky" on STF run-thru #142 and pick up yet another Rare Engine salvage.

There is nothing you can do with it.

It would be nice if we could swap an engine salvage for a shield salvage. Or something.

Same issue with common engine salvage and such. Once you have the set pieces, this salvage becomes useless. It can't be sold. It can't be swapped for useful salvage. I refuse to feed it to the replicator.

Just seems like a poke in the eye as we continue to grind.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-08-2011, 09:02 AM
I already asked for this a couple of weeks ago. Went unheeded. Shame really. Like you I have too many rare tokens for set pieces.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korhil
I already asked for this a couple of weeks ago. Went unheeded. Shame really. Like you I have too many rare tokens for set pieces.
Just because it hasn't been changed yet doesn't mean it won't. Things take time to do, and there is a lot going on right now.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Not sure if they haven't gotten around to it or just aren't planning to get around to it. I hope it is the former, and not the latter.

I'd like the rare borg salvage not to be part specific. If it has to be specific, only specific to space/ground.

That way, I don't get stuck with Rare engine salvage 4 times and have to grind 120 more run-thrus for the shield and deflector.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-08-2011, 10:47 AM
I wish i had your problem I still have yet to even pick one of these up.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkelton View Post
I wish i had your problem I still have yet to even pick one of these up.
Well, I'd gladly trade you one.....

Oh, wait.

Lt. Commander
# 7
11-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Gozer has repeatedly said "not gonna happen". He laid it like this: we have two choices, we can do it this way or it goes back to being totally random drops without any choice of what we get for loot. You have two options for "excess" salvage, vendor items bought for ECs or turn them in for Dilithium ore (which is not in yet).
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by temprus View Post
Gozer has repeatedly said "not gonna happen". He laid it like this: we have two choices, we can do it this way or it goes back to being totally random drops without any choice of what we get for loot. You have two options for "excess" salvage, vendor items bought for ECs or turn them in for Dilithium ore (which is not in yet).
How does vendor items for EC work? You mean sell the rare engine salvage for 100 EC? or whatever the exchange rate is? Nah.

Turning them in for dilithium would be OK, if the exchange wasn't totally lopsided.

Still think it would be easier to just make Rare Space and Rare Ground salvage rather than Rare Component pieces.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by temprus View Post
Well i got news for gozer i have another option and that is to not play the stfs for the new gear when to goes to holodeck, i have 7 toons and i am not going to run stfs 180 times for each toon for mk x gear, That is plum silly and his comint that this is not too much grinding is plum silly, no body likes it that i have spoken to, no body want this much grinding that i have spoken too, but gozer for what ever the reason refuses to lisen to our feed back on this subject, so apearantly his his way only so, my thought is oh well ill just keep and use my old gear, and only run stfs when it goes to holodeck to help my fellow fleeties out, other wise i am not even going to worry about grinding 30 for each gear. Sorry gozer just how i feel about it and the bad part is i use to realy like running stfs.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Making STF gear tradeable is not going to happen. That's the whole point of the current system on Tribble. It's so that you can have a choice. With the specific gear drops, they are linked to a particular STF. So the Cure (space) will only drop the Engine tech. It will not drop the shield or deflector tech. If you want a shot at getting the shield tech, you need to run Infected (space). For the deflector, you need to run KA (space). If you insist on running only the cure, that is your choice. Running it enough times will still allow you to get the other pieces (mk X and XI versions), but don't expect to get any of the other tech pieces.