Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
11-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
With the specific gear drops, they are linked to a particular STF. So the Cure (space) will only drop the Engine tech. It will not drop the shield or deflector tech. If you want a shot at getting the shield tech, you need to run Infected (space). For the deflector, you need to run KA (space)
Ah..now..see...that would have been good info to know. I didn't know that only the engine rare salvage was available in the Cure. I thought it was random rare's on the 3 space missions. Was this info initially put out with the new STFs and I managed to miss it?
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Ah..now..see...that would have been good info to know. I didn't know that only the engine rare salvage was available in the Cure. I thought it was random rare's on the 3 space missions. Was this info initially put out with the new STFs and I managed to miss it?

I've posted that information a half dozen times or so.. searching posts by user (in this case me) would have given you the info weeks ago

Goz
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-08-2011, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
I've posted that information a half dozen times or so.. searching posts by user (in this case me) would have given you the info weeks ago

Goz
There a few more options, now with skill respec you can keep several ships equipped and ready to go.

And Gozer here an option for unwanted tech (specific ones I mean)
Have a trade to req officer option, say you got token for mk x engine you can trade to kvat for 1 rare salvage or 30 ecd, or if got token for a mk xi shield, can trade for 2 rare salvage or 60 ecd.

Another option is make two mx x tokens = to 1 mk xi token, but leave mk xii way it is, make people grind elite for those.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-09-2011, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer

Goz
Eh, whats even more sad - I probably read it weeks ago and just forgot.

Old age sucks.

Thanks gozer and thanks Latinumbar for clueing me in.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Quote:
How does vendor items for EC work? You mean sell the rare engine salvage for 100 EC? or whatever the exchange rate is? Nah.

Turning them in for dilithium would be OK, if the exchange wasn't totally lopsided.

Still think it would be easier to just make Rare Space and Rare Ground salvage rather than Rare Component pieces.
Sorry, did not mean the salvage itself was to be sold to a vendor, meant items you bought with it, like the high EC space parts, MK X engines, deflectors or shields. Before I decided to actually buy some borg gear with the rare salvage, I was using it to sell of which ever of the components had the highest EC return and made a decent amount off it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-12-2011, 03:52 PM
I am really really getting ticked off - this may not be the correct place for the this post so sorry up front.

How the heck to do you get the mark XII purple things to take to the requisition officer to trade in for that stuff?

I have over 100 encrypted data, over 20 borg salvage, I have done infected 3 times in elite mode and I have not picked up a single one of those buggers.

What is the trick? Is anyone willing to share the secret?
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Don't feel to bad about it.
I placed a bug report on the PET To'Duj fighter not realizing it was a pet pet and not a VoQ pet when I could not place it in a hangar bay.
i feel so altered mental state at times.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-12-2011, 06:32 PM
I feel you pain. So i stopped playing STF on F2P when my GM help ticket went unanswered.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-14-2011, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Just seems like a poke in the eye as we continue to grind.
I agree with the trading part however it should be tradable for your toon for another one of the currencies or another part entirely. You see no company has yet to break the bad math which is used to determine drops for dungeons. So they have to either have you run endless dungeons or give you quests instead of drops or turn the drop into a currency so it will function for you properly.

Personally i'd say make it a currency in a trader or make them BoA so you can actually use it on an alt maybe.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-14-2011, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnobber
I agree with the trading part however it should be tradable for your toon for another one of the currencies or another part entirely. You see no company has yet to break the bad math which is used to determine drops for dungeons. So they have to either have you run endless dungeons or give you quests instead of drops or turn the drop into a currency so it will function for you properly.

Personally i'd say make it a currency in a trader or make them BoA so you can actually use it on an alt maybe.
Or atleat make the rares tradable with in fleet so we can help out fleet mates. like myself i am purpled out on my f2p toon and my crew so when i was stfing and i was getting all these rares they where useless to me, and i seen several people tts chat saying the same thing, so i can understand not makeing themmm for the exchange and stuff but it be nice to be able to help fleet mates out with them by trading it to them, that is the purpose of a fleet to help each other.