Lt. Commander
# 41
11-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrianne
Whoa whoa whoa... if I'm reading that right, diplomacy is now primarily only obtainable through DOff missions unless the DXP gain from regular missions has also been scaled, and marauding is now even more difficult to obtain than before? If the DXP rewards for regular missions were also scaled, then this still seems wildly unfair to KDF players. If it wasn't, then DXP from regular missions for Feds is all but worthless. Am I missing something?
Diplomacy missions will be getting rescaled as well. I think a quickie rescaling was put in this build, but a more thorough pass is in the pipeline.

Also in the pipeline is adding Marauding CXP to some existing missions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tychus_Findley
Why were the recruitment mission made rarer?

I been playing a few days now with the doff system and I only seen 2 of them. Is this another prompt to buy c store doffs?
Over the entire game, we are reining back how common new bridge officers are; this is just a reflection of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadynGabriel
Anything about being able to access colonists for drop-of missions?
We couldn't get the colonist/prisoner fix in for this build. It will be in the next build, however.
Lt. Commander
# 42
11-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Is there any chance for some assistance to those of us who have tried to transfer a character over to tribble? I have Klink, the only character I've tried to transfer, that the site says is there but does not appear on my log in screen.
Lt. Commander
# 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-E-Mouse
Yes, several things,

1, Marauding CXP will also be available from various exploration missions just like Diplo is now.

2, Although some of the marauding assigments are being moved to other sections, there will still be plenty of marauding assignments to go around.

3, Marauding is NOT more difficult to obtain now.
Sorry, to burst your bubble, Question.. 1 Are there any available..no we have been asking since the Klingons came online in f2p tribble. Again Sorry, words from Cryptic saying they are going to do something for the KDF faction are worthless unless you actually see them.
Question 2.. Just went from First City, KA, Qo'noS space, OL, Pi C, PSi V, Regulus, Eta, and back to OL..# of Marauding missions? 0
Question 3, Because 1 and 2 either don't exist or the missions in the Doff system seem to have been made rarer than borg tech with this latest patch it is harder to obtain the Tiers.
Lt. Commander
# 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
did you fix the fire all weapon buttons being greyed out in combat? is that coming soon. i know that is bugging people.
Mine are not grayed out anymore, but they are still not working.

It's annoying to have to try and use the SPACE bar all the time now....

That's just not my play style... I like using the mouse to click on the fire buttons.

I guess Their forcing me to learn to use both hands on the keyboard...

<grumble..., grumble..., grumble...>

I'm finding out with STO that I really don't adapt well to change...
Lt. Commander
# 45
11-08-2011, 01:26 PM
So still no fix for the weapons buttons....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Lt. Commander
# 46
11-08-2011, 01:56 PM
so i still cant do missions then. cause pressing space bar or even doing anyhting like binding the fire weapons to a dif key still doesnt make them work.
Lt. Commander
# 47
11-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenement
so i still cant do missions then. cause pressing space bar or even doing anyhting like binding the fire weapons to a dif key still doesnt make them work.
I really don't this I've seen if over and over again, what side are you people on KDF or FED because I have both, and all my weapon buttons work perfectly fine :s. I also know that non of the people on my friends list in-game have this problem either. very confusing, leads me to think people are doing something wrong. lol. don't ask me what I don't know.
Lt. Commander
# 48
11-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tychus_Findley
Why were the recruitment mission made rarer?

I been playing a few days now with the doff system and I only seen 2 of them. Is this another prompt to buy c store doffs?
Although Heretic already responded, I suspect it's an "economy" issue. DOffs never wear out (excepting the occasional military assignment that gets them killed), and we continue to have recruitment missions. At some point in time, common DOffs are going to as easy to get as common BOffs on the exchange. I call it DOff Inflation.

It's going to take a long time, after all of us max out our mains and our alts, and new F2P players get theirs. After that, supply will meet and then exceed demand. Prices on the exchange will drop to almost nothing. Cryptic will have to decide whether this an issue that needs fixing.

If it does need fIxing, that will be interesting. I might suggest a crew rotation mechanic, where DOffs can be on your ship for only 2 years, and then leave -- either get "promoted", or just retire. The RP-ers among us might like that.
Lt. Commander
# 49
11-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.16.20111030a.4

Duty Officer:
  • Fixed issue with Development commendation category not tiering up properly at Tier I.
  • This particular fix is not retroactive. Fixed slotting issue with "Perform Rite of Ascension" assignment
I guess that "This particular fix is not retroactive." belongs to the development Tier 1 problem. Any idea how those who have more than 2500 Development XP and are still on tier 0 can advance to tier1?
Lt. Commander
All the assigments I'm trying to do come back as a failure, none of them was sucssesfull.... over 6 were like that.

Did you increase the chance of failure, or is it a bug?

Thanks, standing by a reply.

-- EDIT --

Never mind, just a wave of bad luck!

Good game to yall!