Lt. Commander
# 21
11-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
An amount of Dilithum with equivalent buying power.
Seconded .
And might I add -- REFINED Dilithium -- and not something that will take me MONTHS to refine .
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-08-2011, 06:25 PM
I want the equivalent in c-points or dilithium.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
[snip]
Please be realistic and ...
SPACEGO... =/

Nothing can replace the emblems. They are far too valuable as an account wide unlock and even more so as dilithium. It really creates an issue for Cryptic, that they thought would be filled with readding the ship unlock. - However, as most people don't agree its an issue.

Perhaps an item. An item that is unique to 500 day veteran customers. Nothing special there... that adds no intrinsic *value*... but what about if that item was tradeable. What about if every character could only unlock it once at a certain level but could trade it for Energy Credits.

Would that make it rare? Would that give it value? Would that give it 250 emblems or 120k dilithium or between 240 and 2,400 CPoints worth of value for each character on your account AND future characters?

It would need to be much more than a weapon, or a pet, perhaps even more than a skin or a shuttle!

I THINK IT NEEDS TO BE GUINAN'S HAT!

Darn, I tried staying realistic, sorry. It really is a pickle. I wonder if sdangelo will have a productive brain storming session with the team
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-08-2011, 06:27 PM
I fail to see the reasoning on having the emblem at 600 day.......this will NOT entice NEW players to sub. So i suppose it is only really a vet reward for people who have already passed or are near that milestone???

don't suppose there can be some form of alternate reward or allow us to SELL the token? for the people like myself who have supported the game by buying all the ships (well not klingon yet, but i MAY get around to that) and thus get absolutly ZERO benefit from this vet reward? EVERYBODY should benefit from EVERY reward.......kinda feels crappy to be told that because i've supported the game i get ZERO benefit for.....er.....supporting the game which was kinda the whole point behind the vet rewards????
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Dilithium for each character is not a possibility. Say we get 120,000 Dilithium per character. That would equate to 240 to 2,400 Cryptic Points that can be obtained from each character from the Dilithium/Cryptic Point Exchange system. Cryptic would never go for something that costs them money and do everything in their power to stop such an exploit. The only possibility is 120,000 Refined Dilithium for one character. For one character players, that is fine, but for the rest, then it is not as good as 250 emblems.

My suggestion is ship interiors. There currently is only 2 Fed and 1 Klingon Ship Interior with another ship interior or two on the way.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-08-2011, 06:34 PM
It's real easy to stop an exploit. The c-points or dilithium could only be claimed at level cap. It's something as simple as a console that could only be accessed at level cap. Or it's only awarded when you hit 51. There is no exploit their showing how greedy they are.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
It's real easy to stop an exploit. The c-points or dilithium could only be claimed at level cap. It's something as simple as a console that could only be accessed at level cap. Or it's only awarded when you hit 51. There is no exploit their showing how greedy they are.
How long do you think it takes someone (looking to exploit) to hit 51 using stacking game boosters? How long do you think it will take them when they have the tribble/f2p build behind them, and a support group of silver alt accounts assisting them zerg skillpoints?
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
This post was taken from another thread. The VA/LG tokens are locked but he does say the they are open to the idea of still adding something to the 600 days to compensate for the loss of the 250 emblems we lost at 500.

Even though he says 600 days i think we should fight to get them added back to 500 days as that was the one that lost the emblems.

So what would people like to see?

Please be realistic and keep it civil. Lets try to get ourself something cool added that would benefit players.

I think max rank dilithium may be the obvious one so im going to shy away from that and ask for something related to the doff system. I pack of blue and purple doffs with at least one unique doff that has a completely unique power that is unobtainable anywhere else.
To be honest the lost of the 250 emblems never really effected me that much because I only used my emblems twice and both times were to exchange them for marks of Honor to get the Covariant [Cap]x3 shield.

The funny thing is that except for the select number of C-Store vessels, all other gear that could be earned with Emblems could also be picked up on the exchange for energy credits. I let my Energy Credits do my grinding for me.

Trying to replace the 250 Emblems will be a tricky situation for Cryptic.

One thing that Cryptic might be able to use to replace the emblems is the Phonic Science Officer BO that was a referal bonus item or some of the other referal items since F2P will and referal kind of.........
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik

How long do you think it takes someone (looking to exploit) to hit 51 using stacking game boosters? How long do you think it will take them when they have the tribble/f2p build behind them, and a support group of silver alt accounts assisting them zerg skillpoints?
You actually believe silver players are going to find someone who has spent $240 and 16 months in the game. Then power level them. For what? Why would anyone give away their c-points or dilithium.

If they grouped the content would be harder. It will probably take 60 or 70 hours to hit level cap. Because they are slowing everything down.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-08-2011, 06:55 PM
It's quite simple, I want the same amount of dilithium that 250 emblems will be converting to.

The VA1 token should be a 100 day reward - it's long enough that people aren't going to "expoit" by subscribing, getting the ship at a $10 effective discount, then cancelling their subscription. With 100 days you've put in over $45 and 100 days is also when many casual players will be approaching this rank.