Lt. Commander
# 21
11-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Vote for a game with no new real content in 7/8 months? Not to mention its many other more unsavoury recent choices... Don't think I will.

If I could vote for the DOFF system on its own though..
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Thank you for your interest in my vote. I regret that after careful consideration I will not be delivering my vote to Star Trek Online this year. I feel that it is in the best interest of your business to be denied popular support in response recent changes and the lack of content for many months now, in hopes that it spurs a strong reconsideration of your game development and business priorities.

Its likely that City of Heroes will win the categories your games were nominated in. A game you created 7 years ago.

I think a little self-reflection is due.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Unfortunately this entire year hasn't been all that great for much of anything even voting for STO the other choices are just unfortunate, the categories are just disappointing.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
Thank you for your interest in my vote. I regret that after careful consideration I will not be delivering my vote to Star Trek Online this year. I feel that it is in the best interest of your business to be denied popular support in response recent changes and the lack of content for many months now, in hopes that it spurs a strong reconsideration of your game development and business priorities.

Its likely that City of Heroes will win the categories your games were nominated in. A game you created 7 years ago.

I think a little self-reflection is due.
i second this sentiment. No voting for STO by me.
Lt. Commander
Hmm.

I cannot in good conscience vote for STO given the game as it stands on both Holodeck and Tribble, especially factored in with the developments over the REST of 2011, not just the F2P conversion, which I will still consider a work in progress.

Perhaps without the hamstringing inflicted by Atari and the subsequent sale to PWI and the massive delays and reversals of the plans of the previous administration, in addition to the rush to push out a premature and incomplete build known as Season 4 and the resultant issues of inadequate stress-testing, I could be persuaded to vote in favor of STO as a vote of confidence in what the future may or may not bring.

Maybe more honesty and forethought and caution and less salesmanship and snake-oil vending to please two entirely different masters (the soulless, quarterly-earnings worshiping corporate bean-counters and the sometimes equally unforgiving fans and customers) would have made the difference, but as it stands, I have to approach the game as it stands on both Holodeck and Tribble as clinically as those automatons in business suits who barely pass for human.

Therefore, I withhold my vote this year, and, if such a contest exists next year and STO is still around, I'll evaluate my position based on what transpires between now and then.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTigh
I cannot in good conscience vote for STO given the game as it stands on both Holodeck and Tribble, especially factored in with the developments over the REST of 2011, not just the F2P conversion, which I will still consider a work in progress.

... in addition to the rush to push out a premature and incomplete build known as Season 4 ...

Maybe more ... forethought and ... less salesmanship and snake-oil vending ...

Therefore, I withhold my vote this year, and, if such a contest exists next year and STO is still around, I'll evaluate my position based on what transpires between now and then.
This about sums up my thoughts on the issue. Sorry, guys. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to vote Star Trek Online the greatest MMORPG in the world, but it simply isn't, and I very much doubt it ever will be (please, prove me wrong). Star Trek Online just failed to capture the essence of Star Trek (and indeed the essence of a massively multiplayer online role-playing game) from the very beginning.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-08-2011, 06:15 PM
I am sorry, but I could not vote for STO as I do not feel the game has reached "Best in 2011" in its catagory.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Sorry, but seeing as how STO hasn't had PvE content in 8 months, PvP content in 2 years, gamebreaking exploits that have yet to be fixed months after they were discovered, and a general lack of consideration for current subscribers in favor of F2P, no.

No, I can't see STO getting many votes at all, sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-08-2011, 06:48 PM
I voted for STO last year, but simply can't do it this year - this year I could only vote for STO under most failed MMO - which I wrote in under the best MMO section. Hopefully future years will be better.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Sorry, guys, I can't do it, either. As many have stated, 2011 has not been a good year for STO. The loss of Dstahl, the breaking of promises, the shifting and replacement of so much content I was looking forward to that was supposed to be out long before now. No, sorry. A year ago I would've gladly voted but not this time. My vote's going to City of Heroes because it's kept a consistent quality even after shifting between owners.