Lt. Commander
# 1 AI High Yield fault
11-08-2011, 03:04 PM
I've started the Romulan space missions, and I'm noticing something very odd: When a Romulan ship fires a high yield plasma torp, it has a good chance of hitting another NPC ship and NOT mine. I'm not sure if this only happens when I kill the firing ship before it's torpedo reaches it's target, or if it's just a random bug, but its funny as hell to see Romulans plasmaing each other rather than me

I don't know if this was happening during earlier missions and I missed it, since not a lot of lower level NPC ships use the high yield weapons, but it might be there as well.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vawlkus View Post
I've started the Romulan space missions, and I'm noticing something very odd: When a Romulan ship fires a high yield plasma torp, it has a good chance of hitting another NPC ship and NOT mine. I'm not sure if this only happens when I kill the firing ship before it's torpedo reaches it's target, or if it's just a random bug, but its funny as hell to see Romulans plasmaing each other rather than me

I don't know if this was happening during earlier missions and I missed it, since not a lot of lower level NPC ships use the high yield weapons, but it might be there as well.
They are apparently now using the new 'Seek & Destroy' Plasma Torp's...

I believe that if you confuse it in any way-shape-or-form, it will go after the closest target... Friend OR Foe.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-09-2011, 08:34 AM
You know, I was enjoying watching Romulans blow the heck out of each other with their own heavy plasma, but now that the cat's out of the bag, I can verify that I've seen this MANY times. I've seen hvy plasma torps reverse course back to the shooting ship, as well as seeing hvy plasma simply targeting another romulan ship, with not even a sniff in my direction. It IS funny though...

Traitors on the warbirds?
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalBoodaH
You know, I was enjoying watching Romulans blow the heck out of each other with their own heavy plasma, but now that the cat's out of the bag, I can verify that I've seen this MANY times. I've seen hvy plasma torps reverse course back to the shooting ship, as well as seeing hvy plasma simply targeting another romulan ship, with not even a sniff in my direction. It IS funny though...

Traitors on the warbirds?
Vulcan Infiltrators...