Lt. Commander
# 121
11-09-2011, 06:26 AM
Heh, they compromised on crafting. Introduce it in an extreme way, everyone pitches a fit, compromise in a not so extreme way.

At the end of the day, Cryptic still wins, we still lose.
Lt. Commander
# 122
11-09-2011, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Will there be new Patrol missions for the KDF side?
Only after 100 new fed missions and 30 new fed ships are introduced
Lt. Commander
# 123
11-09-2011, 06:34 AM
Well unless the KDF can do the patrol missions, and unless they're completely new and not grind fest boring patrol missions that we have done before... how is this an improvement?

Also... a new event? We don't want a new event... we want new FEs!

About the only good thing is crafting, which I find sort of followed my suggestion but continues to be the double grind system. So its almost encouraging fleet crafters now as you still have to grind out the samples and the DL if you are crafting on your own...
Lt. Commander
# 124
11-09-2011, 06:39 AM
A need for a Basic Random Revision and Addition on EXploration..

in the Old Trek Order of Battle;
The 9th Fleet was an Exploration fleet pointed North to the Unknown unclaimed..

Even in Picards time there was a great deal of unclaimed unknown or aligned space.
Hence the ideal logical First Contact Follow ups are greatly need..
To expand on the template
to venture out for Cultural assessments and Diplomatic initiatives requiring an establishment and building of Embassy and Trading Post.

I mean its been along time since a ship wanders in to a sectore and looses a communicator or leaves the wrong book on some stone age culture
Lt. Commander
# 125
11-09-2011, 06:50 AM
There are ways other than a direct Dilithium tax to include Dilithium, monetize crafting, encourage C-Point purchases and the Dilithium Exchange, make high-end Gear hard to acquire, and near-impossible to mass-produce.

We have seen such ideas fly around the forums, in posts, their own threads and heard on the various STO podcasts like Red Shirt Army and STOked.

We have seen the devs craft interesting and inspired solutions for technical and business problems before.

This ham-handed and unimaginative "compromise" that still has Dilithium as a necessary (no possible way around it) double-grind component of crafting is an affront to my intelligence and a sad day for the STO Devs, and simply proves that everything I've been saying since the PWE acquisition is true.

PWE doesn't care whether or not this game is enjoyable, they want to use it as a Trek-themed lever to get into our bank accounts, and they are blissfully ignorant at present at how badly this is going to crash and burn once they try and sell it to anybody beyond the core group of Trek fans who have been supporting this game up until now.

The industry is replete with games that went too far down this particular road, and it breaks my heart to think that in another year, maybe two, STO will just be another entry on Wikipedia about blunders made by gaming corporations who made greed their motivator, rather than crafting an enjoyable experience people would pay to keep access to.
Lt. Commander
# 126
11-09-2011, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Instead of having an overarching mission to patrol a number of systems, each system will have its own mission that you can discover when flying around the galaxy. The missions are also being updated to run at your level (instead of a fixed level), and to give much better rewards. Our hope is to make it fun to patrol sectors looking for some rewarding missions to play.
One disturbing thing I notice about this blog...not one peep about the supposed New Klingon missions which were hinted at with the launch of F2P....wonderful that you're going to improve the dozens of patrol missions that the Federation already has, especially nice that the rewards will scale to level, since they're not that way now. Now it will be even easier for Federation players to obtain decent gear without having to craft. Wonderful...
Not so for the Empire....still...

Quote:
Starting this past week and through the coming weeks, the team will be working on a big sweep of bug fixing. There are a lot of issues, some of which have been around since the initial launch of the game, that are getting attention. And the team is really excited to get time to polish up the game and make it shine. You’ll be seeing these changes showing up throughout the month on Tribble.
And this quote tells me there are no new missions for the Klingons coming anytime soon...WTH ever happened to that plan? Or was the promised "new content" simply the hoarde of Cstore ships?
So much for Season 4 being the season Cryptic would finally deliever new mission content for the Klingons, instead they actually have reduced the gameplay for Klingons by cutting out 21 levels of progression, almost 50% of the ranking.
Oh wait, season 4 last until season 5, wasn't that right? So...actually you've got unlimited time to do that...
I just donno anymore....
Lt. Commander
# 127
11-09-2011, 07:06 AM
Nope. Not good enough on the crafting front. No Dilithium not some, not crafted packets reliant on the stuff, none!

If it Dilithium goes then I might half consider coming back, but as it stands the future does not look any brighter for this game 6 Blog posts on.

How you've managed to create a developmental process dumber than the combined fiascos of SWG's NGE and CoH's ED is quite beyond me but bravo on your achievement!

Before anyone asks: No you can't have my stuff. :p
Lt. Commander
# 128
11-09-2011, 01:09 PM
wait a minute.
he never fixed his post. That means he is serious: Cryptic will only fix previous fed patrols, not make NEW kdf ones.
i cannot believe how unbelievably unreliable you people are.
"KDF CONTENT IS COMING AFTER WE REDO AND REMASTER EVERYTHING FED".
Lt. Commander
# 129
11-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightErrant View Post
Nope. Not good enough on the crafting front. No Dilithium not some, not crafted packets reliant on the stuff, none!

If it Dilithium goes then I might half consider coming back, but as it stands the future does not look any brighter for this game 6 Blog posts on.

How you've managed to create a developmental process dumber than the combined fiascos of SWG's NGE and CoH's ED is quite beyond me but bravo on your achievement!

Before anyone asks: No you can't have my stuff. :p
That's a little unfair. It's already been acknowledged by Geko that from a business perspective, they can't simply rip out the Dilithium element of crafting "right this very second" because it will undermine their economy.

This is a balancing act that needs further refinement, no doubt, but I would expect its going to come over a series of small tweaks and adjustments like this one. Not radical, sweeping changes that force them to start all over again.
Lt. Commander
# 130
11-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
That's a little unfair. It's already been acknowledged by Geko that from a business perspective, they can't simply rip out the Dilithium element of crafting "right this very second" because it will undermine their economy.

This is a balancing act that needs further refinement, no doubt, but I would expect its going to come over a series of small tweaks and adjustments like this one. Not radical, sweeping changes that force them to start all over again.
That's not true. Their issue is Crafting will look better than their economy as it currently stands as they believe it takes less time to craft a high end item. While they might be right when you are talking about someone already maxed in crafting, it is still a little far fetched. Particle Traces are random and can take days to find the exact one you want unless you go to the exchange. The exchange of course might be part of the problem, but it ideally reflects the value players place on an item. As EC inflation continues and demand goes up, so does the prices.

The better solution they could have done was increase the overall requirements for crafting. The more traces needed, the more time needed. It also wouldn't have been a bad idea to increase crafting skills up, making high end gear need 10,000 crafting skill instead of the current requirement. But instead, they tossed in the one currency that you can buy with real money and cannot be traded directly among players that also serves as another time gate on top of another time gate (finding and leveling crafting).