Lt. Commander
# 21
11-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Crafting, again, should not involve Dilithium. Dilithium does not need a sink, it's gated in time, Energy Credits are what needs a sink, what part of this was missed? what part of this new economy needing to make Energy credit sinks got missed when making it?
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
You are making it so fleet crafters have to depend on others to craft something in the process of their crafting. I'm sorry but this "work around" just won't work!
Big deal....

World of ********'s crafting is the same way where a tailor needs to rely on a leather worker for mats only a leather worker can make to make something from their tailoring craft.And it works quite well.

Example say someone in the guild wants me to make them an epic robe that takes so many pieces of cloth so many pieces of leather and some enchanting materials.

Now I have to rely on 2 other guild members to get those materials.An enchanter to disenchant something for the enchanting materials or buy them from them directly and a skinner or leather worker for the leather I need.

This will be no different and I think is a good change from what it was.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-08-2011, 04:41 PM
I knew dilithium in crafting was here to stay because it has a direct link to C-Points which in essence monetizes all gear in the game no matter if you subscribed or not.

At least fleets and friends will have a way to get gear now which is very positive. I suspect there will be a lot of "Dilithium Mining Officer" positions opening in fleets everywhere soon. And also people who gain fleet status by buying C-Points to get Dilithium for fleet crafting. A win win for the bean counters for sure.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-08-2011, 04:46 PM
clever crafting fix, seems reasonable. overhauling the patrol missions is good, blowing away 5 npc's or scanning 5 things is pretty dull. it wouldn't be if the npc's them self got a massive ai and ability overhaul. this new event with a whole new kind of game play for STO sounds interesting. but is it that huge borg invasion ground map we already heard about? that ones kind of spoiled. new gameplay though? that would be news
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik

3. Instead of having ALL patrols be set to 'on discovery' (F'ing a planet) can you please direct some to be triggered using hails in sector space based on proximity. Much like the very simple, and rather underwhelming, Pico Distress call in sector space? This would really tie them in well to the 'off-the-grid' universe.[/color]
nice idea but i don't want to be bugged every 5 second when i am trying to get some where.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Thanks for listening to our suggestion regarding the crafting. Our fleet thanks you.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3of9 View Post
I greatly appreciate this compromise for the crafting system (until it can get a much needed overhaul next year after F2P is live).

One thing I didn't see mentioned, are these new remastered patrol missions going to be re-playable by entering the system again? Or will they still be single-use never revisit-able missions?
What would be great would be if they were replayable and contributed to the Defend the Sector Block Accolades via a daily wrapper mission.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Hurrah!!!

Finally I can see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Thankyou for listening to us

We just need to know how much these blocks will cost in dilithium, hopefully it wont be the same ridculous prices on there right now
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-08-2011, 04:54 PM
It's good to see the various Patrol Missins get a facelift like this. I DO hope you've slotted in some time to do a similar thing to the main storyline/Front missions of STO as:

1) They STILL require a player to to do them in the EXACT same order every time; and if you miss one or stop; or encounter a bug, you cannot proceed further and this is not at all good.

2) You also are BLOCKED from entering the Gamma Orionis (Borg) sector block.

3) The mission enemies scale (good thing); BUT (with the exception of the former FE series mission content, that was worked into the mission progession storyline) - the mission rewards DO NOT scale.

I really hope you have set aside some dev time to fix the MAIN mission content of the game; as I honestly believe if it goes ou in the form it is now; it will be skipped over by the majority of new players; AND replayability of Alts will suffer as the 'one way only must play in this order, and play absolutely everything to unlock everything else' is a bad paradigm in the long run.

The content is good, but it must have rewards the equal of the random repeatable content, or it will be bypassed. The fact the loot still doesn't scale is another BIG disincentive.

Please don't make what was the main content of STO since launch into completely substandard content.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-08-2011, 04:54 PM
I'm really glad to hear that you guys will be spending a decent amount of time bug fixing. I was really hoping you would do that before F2P went live. my thanks