Lt. Commander
# 31
11-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiolysis
I'm really glad to hear that you guys will be spending a decent amount of time bug fixing. I was really hoping you would do that before F2P went live. my thanks

Yeah, the main one that gripes me is the "taking 10 or more minutes to beam into sed" one
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-08-2011, 04:01 PM
So here is my big question: can the tradable components that require DL to craft be sold on the exchange?
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Quote:
The big change is that we are going to make it so that instead of directly spending Dilithium in high end crafting recipes, players will use Dilithium to craft material blocks. Then the material blocks will be used in the final recipes. This adds a step to the crafting, but since we will be making the material blocks tradable, it makes it possible for guilds and friends pool their Dilithium for crafting purposes.
This is a significant improvement. If it is balanced correctly this will, in my opinion, be a suitable compromise. Mind you, this is still not ideal, but it does represent a step in the right direction. Thank you, Cryptic, for listening.
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-08-2011, 04:03 PM
This is an excellent idea for the crafting system. Huzzah, Cryptic! Looking forward to seeing it in action!

Everything else seems interesting, too. Can't wait to test.
Lt. Commander
# 35
11-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWorth
Big deal....

World of ********'s crafting is the same way where a tailor needs to rely on a leather worker for mats only a leather worker can make to make something from their tailoring craft.And it works quite well.

Example say someone in the guild wants me to make them an epic robe that takes so many pieces of cloth so many pieces of leather and some enchanting materials.

Now I have to rely on 2 other guild members to get those materials.An enchanter to disenchant something for the enchanting materials or buy them from them directly and a skinner or leather worker for the leather I need.

This will be no different and I think is a good change from what it was.
Apples and oranges chief. If you want to make crafting more complex to require mats that only engineers or sci's can make for crafting then I'm all for that (which is what WOW does), that sounds intriguing and fun; and would add more depth to the system. This is about dilithium in a system that is supposed to be the alternative. All this change does is add another step in the "discount" dilirthium store.

Also in WoW (unless it's changed since the last tiem I tried the game) leather workers can make leather anywhere. They don't have to go to a specifc place that may be out of their way to do it which is how crafting in STO works. Now change STO crafting so certain career classes can only make certain compnents, but make those components made on ship interiors, add an EC sink to the process somewhere, and take out the dilithium cost, and then you're on the right track for a crafting system.
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-08-2011, 04:06 PM
I "like" the compromise in that it allows a way to get around untradable dilithium. i still worry that the amounts are too high. I think that somewhere from shifting a decimal point to the left (maybe too radical?) to perhaps reducing the dilithium (or equivalent cost of material blocks) amounts by 30% is also needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Crafting, again, should not involve Dilithium. Dilithium does not need a sink, it's gated in time, Energy Credits are what needs a sink, what part of this was missed? what part of this new economy needing to make Energy credit sinks got missed when making it?
I totally agree that the EC sink is a major issue. I SERIOUSLY would like the dilithium requirements (in their costs for blocks) to be reduced drastically (DECIMAL POINT!!) and allow ECs to be spent instead.

Hell, have a store NPC that SELLS blocks for ECs (rather than dilithium).

Just my 2 cents = $0.02 = 1.6CP = 800Dilithium
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Will there be new Patrol missions for the KDF side?
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
So here is my big question: can the tradable components that require DL to craft be sold on the exchange?
I understand the question, but I have to ask "who would do that?" Why would someone want to exchange dilithium for EC(which is what the new crafting step does)? To be honest as a tradeable item, I don't see how it wouldn't be sell-able on the EC exchange, I just don't know why someone would do that. If you're going to sell dilthium, put it int he C-point exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
I knew dilithium in crafting was here to stay because it has a direct link to C-Points which in essence monetizes all gear in the game no matter if you subscribed or not.

At least fleets and friends will have a way to get gear now which is very positive. I suspect there will be a lot of "Dilithium Mining Officer" positions opening in fleets everywhere soon. And also people who gain fleet status by buying C-Points to get Dilithium for fleet crafting. A win win for the bean counters for sure.
Geko said as much last week, too. That said, this is a good compromise IMO because it makes fleet crafting viable again (provided the cost of the materials isn't absurdly high like they are now). Now, they need to add ways of collecting dilithium and raise/eliminate the refining cap for Golds, and reduce the STF grind by a LOT, and I say we have ourselves a winner vis-a-vis Free to Play.
Lt. Commander
# 40
11-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Great work Devs, a workable solution to the Great Crafting Debacle that keeps both my fleet, and your bottom line, happy. I look forward to the "surprise" that sounds a lot like the ground invasion...