Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Lt. Commander
I'm I the only one having this problem?

My First Officer and my department heads are NOT paying attention to the preferred traits and professions of an assignment. They seem to pick the most rare DOFF first and then anyone else in the required field at random. Several times now I've seen my department head recommend common DOFFs with no relation to the needs of the assignment while DOFFs who did have the right traits are skills weren't being selected. If I thought it would matter, I would be firing them about now.

CORRECTION: They're not even paying attention to the quality. I was setting up a science assignment near DS9 and I needed a geologist. I had an available RARE geologist, and my department head didn't even give that DOFF as an option. I had to find him in the roster. All of his traits turned green when I put him in the assignment slot so I know it wasn't his traits.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-08-2011, 03:33 PM
it's just plain broken right now.

Got Botanists giving lectures on warp theory, counclers attempting to run sabotage missions, and tactical officers looking for disease cures... what's the point there is no game here, just open the menu, select an mission a random, and slap whatever doffs in it..... repeat.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Same applies to my Klingon DHs. Guess they're drunk (again). I'll show them the outer part of the airlock the next time I'll go online.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-08-2011, 03:58 PM
I just turned my dept heads off and that solved that...
Now, about that Execute for Incompetence mission...
Lt. Commander
# 5 Me too
11-08-2011, 04:34 PM
My recommendations were WAY off as well. Even though I had the appropriate DOFF and he had the correct traits for the mission, the recomendations were completely random.

However, the percentages did change when you started plugging in the appropriate doff's so you guys did get something working that was broken, you just re-broke something that was working. Someday's it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Yes I have two Photonic Studies Scientists and for the mission below it did not even pick them. So somewhere in the fixes the system got messed up.

it is also not only are they making poor choices but something is really still up with the math. Not only have things become a bit harsher, but it is harder to change that the effect the quality of the doffs has really taken a hit.

For example -

Scan Photonic Wave Signatures for Tachyon Pulses
Starts out at 5/54/38/3
Critical Success - Edietic Memory, Logical
Success - Photonic Studies Scientist, Gravimetric Scientist, Research Lab Scientist

I slot a Purple Photonic Studies Scientist and it changes to 8/63/26/2 (she has no traits that affect critical)

I slot a Blue Photonic Studies Scientist and it changes to 10/71/17/1 (she has no traits that affect critical)

Now, Heretic these don't even add up to 100% but it appears I get more bang for my buck out of the Blue Officer.

If I take the Purple out and leave only the Blue the stats are 7/62/29/2.

If I slot a Green the stats are 6/61/30/2.
  • So a Purple officer of the right type now only nets a 3% increase in Crit, a 9% increase in Success, a 12% decrease in Failure, and a 1% decrease in Disaster.
  • A Blue officer of the right type now only nets a 2% increase in Crit, a 8% increase in Success, a 9% decrease in Failure and a 1% decrease in Disaster.
  • A Green officer of the right type now only nets a 1% increase in Crit, a 7% increase in Success, an 8% decrease in Failure and a 1% decrease in Disaster.

So, given that...why would I spend my money buying C-Store packs trying to obtain Purples and Blues? The incentive to buy has been removed.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Known issue. A fix is in, so it should be resolved in the next build.