Lt. Commander
# 11
11-08-2011, 07:39 PM
So January 17 2012 huh? I'm wondering why they're even still locking themselves into a date with all the work that they want to do, that needs to be done and the holidays coming up. At least it's not December and they won't be rushing it out 30 days from now. If the new skill tree takes as much work as the DOFF system, we're in for a long conversion process on that system.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Quote:
The developers found that players didn't really like paying for content, so for Star Trek Online Cryptic is taking a very different approach.
And that approach is to make people pay for no content.

I mean honestly no new content for half.a.year. And we're going to be talking about this on all the places you broadcast yourselves too, because you've chosen at this point to neglect us who pay you, in choice of those who might. Well, hell hath no fury like a gamer scorned, so lets just 'hope' you get your act together, very soon, or you'll find Cryptic will be more so in the Crypt in six months time.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebobkill View Post
Dstahl repeatdely along with others always said there was never any plan or intent to make STO F2P. The excuse had been that the plan had changed when PW came along. That raises many questions for me regarding former STO leadership.
I've been closely following the game for quite some time and not a single time do I remember anyone making this statement. The statements basically were about not doing it in the immediate future. It was known that they had considered F2P from the start but decided not to - but wasn't stated that it was due to Atari.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
Its not an exaggeration LOL. If you look at players who got so bored but loved star trek so much they stayed around for a long time and kept buying character slots there are a lot of accounts out there that have 10-50 VA/LG's. Is only difference between the factions is that the federation side's content is more from the end of commander to VA. Where as the KDF sides is more of from Lt to Captain. It's all about how you grind each faction out you can casually play a few hours a day and be a VA or LG within a week thats what they are talking about and when you hit that rank you pretty much have enough data samples to craft out the best gear in the game do 3 STF's and you got nothing to do on that character after that.
I think one of the reasons it's taken me so long to rank up is because I wanted first to max out diplomacy, which doesn't really give much by way of skill points. Gets you a tonne of data samples though
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-08-2011, 07:44 PM
The new intro was nice. I alsoapplaud the decision to Wait until mid-january for the F2P launch. Gives them 2 more months to refine the new systems and to do a fairly comprehensive bug-hunt.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-08-2011, 07:45 PM
They should just wait for the 2 year anniversary on 2/2.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Yeah I just got done watching the video on IGN. That's like sending a picture of a brand new looking ford mustang and then you get to the actual car and its all rusted out on cinder blocks (which is STO compared to that cinematic ROFL). Nice cinematic but a far far far cry from the game LOLS. Also and yea wish the KDF had some content like in the cinematic (we still have our content missions in the old crappy looking qo'nos). Yeah I'm not gonna pay any more waiting around till january for something new to do LOL.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
yeah nobody buys expansion packs to games. You are correct Cryptic.
They do it...but they don't like it
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
They should just wait for the 2 year anniversary on 2/2.
Agreed, the 2yr anniversary would have been more meaningful for the relaunch. The current date seems random - but I don't support changing after announcement.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
I think one of the reasons it's taken me so long to rank up is because I wanted first to max out diplomacy, which doesn't really give much by way of skill points. Gets you a tonne of data samples though
If you look at it from KDF side at the moment on holodeck we do not have a diplomacy or equivalent but when you are leveling up on KDF side and do the sorties you get so many samples on the way up a lot of times you get so many you end up having to sell them off to get space. Overall I do see what you mean though. Also reminds me I have 2 characters to make in a week to VA and LG so they will be ready when i come back after it goes F2P.