Lt. Commander
# 21
11-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Wow, I am so glad I'm not a paid subscriber right now (though I kind of regret my lifetime sub). F2P was announced in Sept. No content will be released until Jan, 5 months. There was hardly any content before that, Season 4 was in July, and that hardly counts since most of the cool new stuff was held back (DOFF). That brings the content lull to 7 months.

What exactly are people's subscriptions going towards right now? The last year has been a joke for content.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-08-2011, 06:49 PM
"Iceberg! Dead ahead!"

"Nah, we'll be all right."

heheh
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
If you look at it from KDF side at the moment on holodeck we do not have a diplomacy or equivalent but when you are leveling up on KDF side and do the sorties you get so many samples on the way up a lot of times you get so many you end up having to sell them off to get space. Overall I do see what you mean though. Also reminds me I have 2 characters to make in a week to VA and LG so they will be ready when i come back after it goes F2P.
The KDF don't have diplomacy? Seriously? Jeez, now I see what you've all been complaining about this whole time.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-08-2011, 06:53 PM
Follow up, LOTRO gave subscribed players a Turbine Point reward for every month they were subscribed between announcement of their F2P conversion and the actual change. Why isn't Cryptic going to do the same thing? Right now everyone's subscriptions aren't paying for any content or additions.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
They should just wait for the 2 year anniversary on 2/2.
Eh, I'm guessing they don't want the anniversary events to coincide with the post-release break-in time. Kind of annoying if it had time-sensitive rewards but there's server issues.

It'll be a good post-launch party though. And anything shiny in the festivities will garner a bit more press and good screenshots for gaming sites.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
They should just wait for the 2 year anniversary on 2/2.
Yeah, this I agree with. Would also give even more time to make sure they iron out as many Bugs as they can, polish the misions up even more. And make sure they can bring the Ground skill revamp to the game at the same time as the space revamp. Though from what I've seen of the Space Revamp.. Needs more work IMO..
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarkean View Post
Wow, I am so glad I'm not a paid subscriber right now (though I kind of regret my lifetime sub). F2P was announced in Sept. No content will be released until Jan, 5 months. There was hardly any content before that, Season 4 was in July, and that hardly counts since most of the cool new stuff was held back (DOFF). That brings the content lull to 7 months.

What exactly are people's subscriptions going towards right now? The last year has been a joke for content.
Please for Pete's sake...Stop beating a dead horse. Yes there has been a lul in content. The developers know this already. They are working hard and there is light at the end of the tunnel. So enough with the lack of content talk already.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Wow Jan 17th? it looks like we'll have a boring Dec too.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
The KDF don't have diplomacy? Seriously? Jeez, now I see what you've all been complaining about this whole time.
Oh dude you do not want to see our exploration side either, the npcs most of the time if yer lucky enough to get a mission to fight npc's they spawn on rooftops you can't fire at them and most of the time its to destroy these tribble domes in space that are on asteroids that look like they are cut in half. For ground missions you usally have to kill a pile of tribbles, flora plants, or borg tech the borg left laying around. On top of that the objects are bugged and cannot be scanned. The only purpose to play them is the feeling of playing in a klingon designed ship LOL. That and if you like using cloaking devices as much as I do or lauching a gazillion pets at a target.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Quote:
The process of making Star Trek Online subscription-free is a little more interesting than what we've seen in the past. It's due to STO's level of difficulty. Simply put, it's not very hard at all. According to D'Angelo, it's possible for players to hit the level cap and get the best gear inside of a single day. The end result is that totally sweet loot doesn't feel as totally sweet as it should. "A lot of the things people acquired weren't worth very much to them," D'Angelo says. So the plan leading up to the switch to free-to-play is to make the high-end stuff more difficult to acquire, and the low-end stuff simpler. Put simply, "[We're] revisiting the game's economy."
While I'm in general agreement here, I would certainly like to be able to play this game without having to hire Goldman Sachs and watch "how-to" videos on insider trading.