Lt. Commander
To:Stephen D’Angelo
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online
(User name, please see accont information for real name, and email contact information which is still current if confidential contact is needed in any way)

SUbject: Startrek Online Free to play launch sceduled for January 17 2012

Sir;
I am currently unemplyed and hold a life time membership to the Startrek Online MMO.
My time is my own and I am free to play and test the Free to play release candidate,
features and content of the Free to play candidate, and provide quality feedback on said
matters to cryptic studio's with out charge. I am pleased that Cryptic studio's has chosen to not attempt a mid December launch of STO free to play for reasons stated in numerous other posts by myself on these boards. While I may not agree to many of the choices Cryptic studio's has chosen in its proposed revenue model those choices are exclusivly the decision of Cryptic studio's and its parent company Perfect World Entertainment. There are still some issues to be worked out with the Dilithium economy model, and I'm pretty sure I'll never really like them. As a LTM though i almost really doewn't matter if I like them or not. I think the Dilthium refining cap though really needs to take a hike. ANd that happens to do with supply side econmis and the fact that your not actually creating any sort of actual free market economy in the game. Rather far from it in fact.

My concern. My only concern within Startrek Online has been, and always will be Klingon Faction content. While I may add concerns and interests involving STO features and content in the future, above all else that is my first priority. If KDF faction content is present I will test it. I will test it up to 16 hours per day, and up to 7 days per calender week. The content needs to be there though for me to test it. It is immaterial to me if I test this content on the Red Shirt shard, the Tribble shard, the Holodeck shard or via some other method, up to and including connecting remotely to the very same internal shard Cryptics paid QA employees access.

I will do this for you free of renumeration of any kind simply to have it there when Free to Plauch launches. My only desire is to make absolutly certain that there is KDF content across the board for the KDF faction at F2P launch, and that said content be not delayed for any reason prior to F2P launch. I will run missions in game no matter thier build state. I will provide detailed reports on the state of the mission, where the mission is failing, and discover workarounds or exploits of said mission past the point where I want to throw my computer out the nearest window and beyond.

I give you my word I will do this. I want to see Startrek online succed as a Free to play title, prosper, and grow. I forsee significant problems if the KDF faction is left in its current undeveloped state at Free to play launch, and that if left in this state will be poorly recieved by a Free to play silver level account holders. Further more silver level account holders will be unlikely to stick around and provide revenue to Cryptic studio's without content specific to the KDF faction being availible should they desire to play the KDF faction.. A significant portion of Free to Play accounts will be primarily interested in playing the adversarial KDF faction. Without the KDF content at Free 2 Play launch this potential revenue will simply dissapear and do so with out any feedback as to why they do not continue to play what so ever.

While there is significant content within the UFP faction of the game to reduce experience rewards for all UFP missions type by up to 50% there by slowing character progression, the current state of KDF play severly lacks this content. KDF players have very few options in PvE content to advance thier characters, that even with the accelerated character expirience rewards on the Tribble test server there is insufficent content adavance cleanly to the level cap.

There are 69 calender days between this posting and the scedule free to play release
date. There is time to get most of that content in game and test but only if Cryptic studios starts right now. Simple post tutorial content in the form of KDF analogs to Federation patrol missions could be put in game first followed my more complex story progression mission with the new KDF tutorial content last of all prior to F2P, said content being up to level 31 to 41. Post level 31 to 41 content could be added after Free to Play launch.

So thats the offer. You put it in and I will test the crap out of it. Developer Blog 20 says reworked patrol mission coming.. It would damd dissapointing if there are no KDF patrol missions. Lack of such would be very negitivly recieved.

Bring on the KDF content.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-09-2011, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post

Bring on the KDF content.
Hear Hear!
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-09-2011, 05:42 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-09-2011, 06:06 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-09-2011, 06:30 AM
and Star Trek is two words, not one.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-09-2011, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1restarter
Try to do better next time.
Hehe well done. I was wondering if anyone would notice that. That is why I left it there.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Huh! Well Roach had something to say.

And Korhil, someone reading and posting on a game forum, and bragging about being able to do so while they are at work.. Now thats interesting. Shows a poor work ethic. And a few other things besides. If I were you kid, I think I would concern my self less with other peoples spelling and punctuation and pay a bit more attention to what I was being paid to do. You can do this stuff when your at home your own time.

And yes, you did just get lectured.

And by the by Korhil.. I just did a quick look through the forums to see if you have posted anything constuctive.. Didn't find very much. Mostly what I found was snide insulting commentary about your fellow players. I think I'll just add you to my ignore list so I dont have see your posts if you dont have anything to actually add around here. Lead. Follow. Or get out of the way. Free to play needs to be Good to Go in 10 weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
Huh! Well Roach had something to say.

And someone reading and posting on a game forum, and bragging about being able to do so while they are at work.. Now thats interesting. Shows a poor work ethic. And a few other things besides. If I were you kid, I think I would concern my self less with other peoples spelling and punctuation and pay a bit more attention to what I was being paid to do. You can do this stuff when your at home your own time.

And yes, you did just get lectured.
but...seriously...Star Trek is two words.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Someone unemployed is criticizing another person's work ethic...
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-09-2011, 02:14 PM
So they hold up their end of the contract, and you'll... be one of the people to test it on the test server.

Assuming you've already been testing things on the test server, this sounds like a big profit on their part, doesn't it?