Lt. Commander
# 11
11-09-2011, 12:57 PM
I voted for not-STO. You're welcome, Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Cryptic is the best game developer ever... But i mostly play jinga and board games.
Lt. Commander
I am unwilling to support support the Cryptic moobs.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Hmm..

<--------- me when seeing how shameless they are. Not that it's anything new these days.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgoodwrench View Post
Cryptic is the best game developer ever... But i mostly play jinga and board games.
jinga has an e in it

everyone knows mono-oploly is best.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Since they are monetizing the game, they should monetize my vote. I think 150k refined Dil per toon is an acceptable "trade".
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Ill meet them half way. ill stay a subscriber till season 5. After season 5 if its still the same, I'm out. In the mean time I'm not spending any money in the c store or grinding new toons. I'm also done with PvP for the foreseeable future. It terribly unbalanced. The UI is also ****.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaffargue
Ill meet them half way. ill stay a subscriber till season 5. After season 5 if its still the same, I'm out. In the mean time I'm not spending any money in the c store or grinding new toons. I'm also done with PvP for the foreseeable future. It terribly unbalanced. The UI is also ****.
Season 5 is supposed to have some PvP "love." Er... so did Season 4. And I guess 2. Ooops.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Last year, I did vote for STO.. I thought it was a great achievement and a wonderful game to play. PVP or other wise..

This year, No. I cannot honestly give them my vote. They just did not earn such a vote from my self this year. Maybe next year they can earn that vote again.
Lt. Commander
# 20 CCP wins again
11-11-2011, 07:40 AM
Greetings,

As some of you may know, I have played EVE Online for a long long time.
My vote goes to the best PvP in PC Gaming, Eve Online. The complexity and ability to apply real-world military doctrine is unequaled.
I have always enjoyed (and been quite successful in) the Star Trek universe, I hope that PvP in STO gets more developed and complex. The recent removal of friendly splash damage is an unfortunate move in the wrong direction.
Star Trek is an easy IP to fit for PvP, I am at a loss as to why there is no true Open PvP territory control at this time. I hope it will someday come to pass. I know the devs look at the stats and realize that the Feds would get hammer stomped in Open PvP, but surely someone would step forward and try to raise the level of Fed combat skill to the level of poor.

It would be interesting for cryptic to call up CCP and have them send 5 or 6 of their devs to sunny california and help Cryptic get a clue. I would like to see this happen.

While I thoroughly enjoy the many Feds that I get to blow up, the chat that I hear is whining of the most silly order, things like: "Only cowards cloak" "Stop running" and the stupidest "It took three of you 2 minutes to kill me!" I think they miss or care not to explore many tactical doctrines that would illuminate not only STO's PvP, but all conflict they may have.

I daresay that not many gamers have had the RL warfare experience that I participated in, and luckily for them, they do not have to. I do wish they would demand the devs to give them a more dangerous universe to play in, even if it is the lameness of flagged or area PvP. Without some sort of possibility of loss, people are logging onto a chat program with starships.
Eve on the other hand requires that you always have some level of alertness and a realization that, even in Empire, you might lose your ship. This edge of potential loss, this unknown and unknowable factor of other players hunting even the most dangerous predator is what sets EVE Online apart from every other MMO and makes it more than a game, but an Experience.

Yours in the Way Plasma,
Star*Dagger