A rumor I heard was Bioware had enough assets to cover the 200 million development cost of the game. I don't know if that's true or not. I could believe it though. EA and Bioware are in no trouble if TOR isn't a success.
They have a negative operating profit. Their earnings per share are negative. They're the biggest company in the MMO field as of right now but they're almost the worst to buy stock in.
If you would have bothered to stay awake in Economics class you would now how to read such a chart, but since you did not let me break it down to you.
1. Their stock is up at just over 23$ a share.
2. They have demonstrated a rather steady growth since their drop in 2009.
3.They have absolutely ZERO DEBT.
4. They have over 4 billion in assets.
5. They have also increased their cash flow by over 100 million dollars a year since their big drop in 2009.
6. Their earnings per share has increased since last year this time.
7. 2.6 billion dollars in shareholders equity; certainly sounds like someone has confidence in them.
So overall EA is doing really well for themselves, and after SW:TOR launches I imagine they will be one of the most profitable game studios out there. Please get your head out of the sand and face reality.
Add to the list the numberous bugs which have been here since I play (1 year now) and possibly and highly likely have been in the game since launcher and NEVER got fixed.
I ask myself the same question, where did I pay for all these months? half a year? Hell when i started playing the only real new content I got was the Reman Series. Sure we get fluffy ships but lets be honest, i paid for 95% of them in the Cstore. Nothing subscription.
Do I pay for the newcomers which hit the game? I feel like I DO pay for those peope, while we (the people who have been playing for a long time) are being pushed away from the game. Useless changes, dumb changes, what not.
I hope SWTOR will give me better experience with the game and the choices they will make in the SWTOR future.
I suspect the same. Which is why I am leaving soon.