Lt. Commander
# 131
11-13-2011, 03:46 PM
If I wasn't a lifer I'd be long gone. I feel shafted and cheated. For the sake of the new P2W crowd they're hoping to attract.
Lt. Commander
# 132
11-13-2011, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
Completely false EA made $221 million profit for the quarter up $96 million from the June quarter.
http://www.vgchartz.com/article/8735...9m-in-revenue/

A rumor I heard was Bioware had enough assets to cover the 200 million development cost of the game. I don't know if that's true or not. I could believe it though. EA and Bioware are in no trouble if TOR isn't a success.
http://quotes.wsj.com/ERTS/financials

They have a negative operating profit. Their earnings per share are negative. They're the biggest company in the MMO field as of right now but they're almost the worst to buy stock in.
Lt. Commander
# 133
11-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99

They have a negative operating profit. Their earnings per share are negative. They're the biggest company in the MMO field as of right now but they're almost the worst to buy stock in.
Their stock prices are up they grossed $999 million with $221 million in profit for June quarter.

On your link at the top of the page $23.90 +0.33(140%) Their stock went up.

They did lose $340 million September quarter.
Lt. Commander
# 134
11-13-2011, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99

If you would have bothered to stay awake in Economics class you would now how to read such a chart, but since you did not let me break it down to you.

1. Their stock is up at just over 23$ a share.
2. They have demonstrated a rather steady growth since their drop in 2009.
3.They have absolutely ZERO DEBT.
4. They have over 4 billion in assets.
5. They have also increased their cash flow by over 100 million dollars a year since their big drop in 2009.
6. Their earnings per share has increased since last year this time.
7. 2.6 billion dollars in shareholders equity; certainly sounds like someone has confidence in them.

So overall EA is doing really well for themselves, and after SW:TOR launches I imagine they will be one of the most profitable game studios out there. Please get your head out of the sand and face reality.
Lt. Commander
# 135
11-13-2011, 04:36 PM
It says total debt 0.00 so TOR was payed for by their assets. So I think that rumor that they have to have one million subscribers to stay afloat has just been put to rest.
Lt. Commander
# 136
11-13-2011, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
It says total debt 0.00 so TOR was payed for by their assets. So I think that rumor that they have to have one million subscribers to stay afloat has just been put to rest.
They also have 261.1 million dollars in discretionary cash to spend however they like.
Lt. Commander
# 137
11-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presbytier View Post
They also have 261.1 million dollars in discretionary cash to spend however they like.
I wonder where the $340 million they lost in the September quarter went. Could this have been paid to studio's to develop games?
Lt. Commander
# 138
11-13-2011, 04:55 PM
What does all the negative comments about STO and PW accomplish? Nada! So let's say something positive or constructive for a change.
Lt. Commander
# 139
11-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by landerx74 View Post
What does all the negative comments about STO and PW accomplish? Nada! So let's say something positive or constructive for a change.
The negative comments tell them the changes they make to the game aren't acceptable. If you complement them you get more of the same.

If you believe that they are doing a good job tell them.

I don't think they are doing a good job and can't complement them, I wish I could.
Lt. Commander
# 140
11-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
I agree with you on all the statements mvs.

Add to the list the numberous bugs which have been here since I play (1 year now) and possibly and highly likely have been in the game since launcher and NEVER got fixed.

I ask myself the same question, where did I pay for all these months? half a year? Hell when i started playing the only real new content I got was the Reman Series. Sure we get fluffy ships but lets be honest, i paid for 95% of them in the Cstore. Nothing subscription.

Do I pay for the newcomers which hit the game? I feel like I DO pay for those peope, while we (the people who have been playing for a long time) are being pushed away from the game. Useless changes, dumb changes, what not.

I hope SWTOR will give me better experience with the game and the choices they will make in the SWTOR future.
I suspect the same. Which is why I am leaving soon.