Lt. Commander
# 21
11-09-2011, 10:04 AM
I've told 10+ people so far to not even touch STO. And my list will increase like Cryptic's greed
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BW007
Yes. I believe it to one of the best start trek games out there. This is the closest a company has gotten to representing the universe of Star Trek and making it explorable.

I agree however that this game could have come alot farther than it has. It also is hard for anyone to have continued faith. I really think the problem with everything comes down to cryptics ablity to make deadlines.

If they tell us they will come out with something on a certain date then it needs to be done every time in order to bring our faith back. It does not hurt to say that they are working on something, but maybe they need to focus more on one thing at a time.

I feel they spread their staff out to thin. They could release something new once a week rather then clumping it into seasons. Seasons should be for New Story Lines to me and not updates of fixs.
Star Trek was all about money and taking advantage of those who are loyal to you? What franchise was I supporting????
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-09-2011, 10:16 AM
This is two part response for me.

Currently I don't know I would want to refer anyone to the game. Considering how long it's been since new content was released, it's hard for me to say, "Yes come play STO!" when I myself don't send a lot of time actually playing. I've been spending a lot of time recently just working on the Foundry and tuning a few of my captains, but I really don't actually play as much as I used to. Plus you figure in all the bugs still in the game, (Many of them existing since launch) I wouldn't suggest they spend the money. (Diplomacy Voting on DS9 anyone?)

Having said that, I have played a bit on Tribble and seeing some of the game changing systems they are implementing, I would tell them to wait for F2P to be released before really diving into the game. Sure everything on Tribble isn't perfect, it's not designed to be. It's a test server...

So for the moment I'm spending most my time creating my own content, playing Champions, and Battlefield 3. Until F2P launches and I get to see the final product for launch i'll hold my reservations and recommendations until I can see what all the changes bring to the currently broken game.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-09-2011, 10:24 AM
i would, because i dont think the last 2 years matters a whole heap to new players. the first year was good, the second was pretty bad but i still like the game and i think a lot of new players would like it too. even if they only get a couple of months out of it, if those two months are fun then that may be enough. not everybody is looking to stick around. some people just want to be entertained for a short while before they move on.

id rather encourage a player to try it and then let a player make up their own mind if they like it or not, but i would not want to deny someone some enjoyment of a game they may end up loving by running of a list of every bad thing thats ever happened.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-09-2011, 10:29 AM
I wont recommend STO to anyone i like any more. Cryptic has done to much of the same thing SOE did with SWG and ive been down that road i know where it leads and how it ends, short drop long fall sudden stop.

I could deal with lots of stuff going to the cstore, but pay for power ships? hell no. Games need to remain balanced and they had no intention of doing it with the +1 ships. Shame the special ability consoles with same boff layouts etc as normal ships was balanced, then they go and completely destroy that balance. And anyone who thinks a scale tipped even slightly to 1 side is balanced is an idiot.

Their cash grab crap is the same thing SWG did with the TCG and that was the final straw for me there. You cant take everything players have asked for and shove it in a store, games have to have basic free content ya that includes SHIPS.

I wont play another cryptic game ever again after this, pretty sure ill stop playing when F2P hits. It amazes me how many companys can shoot themselves in the foot over and over learn to put the safety on already geez. Seem to make 1 bad move, then make more and more like a drunk man losing his balance you just watch the stumble get worse till poor dude is eating pavement.

I truely liked the game, i was glad it wasnt gear orinted. Log in level up get good gear go play and enjoy. Now it will be a grind fest like almost every other mmo where leveling takes much longer for no good reason. Liner story progression in a game that gets bugs in completely unrelated code, its like cryptic has blinders on and is just running through the artillary fire hoping a shell doesnt land on them.

Got 2 words for you cryptic, splash damage. Shells dont have to hit you directly to kill you, enough near misses can do it all on its own.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-09-2011, 10:36 AM
I can't recommend it.

Furthermore I can, in good conscience, not refrain from * Warning* people *away* from the game until Cryptic returns to acceptable business practices and treatment of customers.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Nope, can't recommend the game either and I have warned others that if they do decide to jump into F2P to not take anything Cryptic says at face value.

You would be amazed how many decide not to even try it out after I tell them about the Galaxy X incident...
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-09-2011, 10:50 AM
I can,

I enjoy this game. This is a fun game.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-09-2011, 10:52 AM
No, I can't recommend STO to anyone. If anyone asks me about it I tell them it's a piece of crap. It had potential but the developers blew it.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-09-2011, 10:56 AM
I honestly can't. Not with how we've been treated, how they've treated the IP, I can't.