Lt. Commander
# 51
11-16-2011, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
I understand where you're coming from, and as a Klingon Player myself, I'm just as frustrated as you are. However, sadly, I can't give any more details at this time, except to assure you that yes, Klingon Content is coming.

It's hard to believe, but it really is true. If I hadn't been assured of this by so many people of higher pay grades than my own, at both PWE and Cryptic, that this is the case, I honestly would not be here saying it again. KDF content is almost the "third rail" of STO. If I wasn't confident it was actually coming down the pipes, I wouldn't be touching it AT ALL. My rep in this community is taking enough of a beating without needing to touch that rail.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Frankly if you had given detail. I no longer will believe anything I hear from Cryptic when it comes to KDF content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Santayana
Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it
I am at point that I sit and wait. I refuse to believe you are going to make good on promis. If happen I be glad and enjoy, but frankly cryptic has lost ALL creditably when it comes to KDF content with me.

The only way for cryptic to reclaim is by releasing some NON C-Store, ships uniforms and missions.
Lt. Commander
# 52
11-16-2011, 06:52 PM
So, they just posted a new Dev blog about future updates:

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2688

Absolutely no mention of KDF content.
Lt. Commander
# 53
11-16-2011, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post

Are you really Surprised? After what happen for season 4?
Lt. Commander
# 54
11-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Quote:

We won't see the DS9 FE till Feb. And they have been working on it for how long?

Its time Cryptic just admitted we'll never see anything from the Post Atari age until Fall 2012.

Too much time has been spent on getting F2P working. I fully expect another content drought to happen again after F2P considering how long they've spent on it. I expect development on new post F2P content will remain frozen until March once F2P is stabilized.

And once its started back up again it will be another two months before we see stuff hit holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 55
11-16-2011, 07:06 PM
Quote:

Stormshade wants us to be positive so I am going to believe that the kdf content is such an amazing surprise that they wont even tell us any information on it until after it has been released!!!!

Hey?? Heeeeyyyy?
Lt. Commander
# 56
11-16-2011, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
I understand where you're coming from, and as a Klingon Player myself, I'm just as frustrated as you are. However, sadly, I can't give any more details at this time, except to assure you that yes, Klingon Content is coming.

It's hard to believe, but it really is true. If I hadn't been assured of this by so many people of higher pay grades than my own, at both PWE and Cryptic, that this is the case, I honestly would not be here saying it again. KDF content is almost the "third rail" of STO. If I wasn't confident it was actually coming down the pipes, I wouldn't be touching it AT ALL. My rep in this community is taking enough of a beating without needing to touch that rail.

Thanks,

Stormshade
For the record I am a bitter, bitter, bitter person at having fallen in love with STO at closed beta, then right back out of it roughly a year later when it felt like the part of it I liked the most was still treated like an afterthought. I honestly spend more time on free worthless little facebook games these last 6 months then I have in STO over the same time period. The only reason I still even come by here occasionally is being a lifer.

And with all of that, despite the fact I have done so in the past and regretted it, after reading what you say I trust you're telling us the truth.

((Despite me believing you fully believe what you're saying you could still turn out to be wrong. Those same people above your paygrade can change their mind and or the plans without any input from you or anything. My trust in you does not yet translate to trust in STO or Perfect World.))
Lt. Commander
# 57
11-16-2011, 07:52 PM
remember those KDF openpvp mission, they were on Tribble for like what 20h .... I'll believe it when i see it.
Lt. Commander
# 58
11-16-2011, 08:18 PM
Looking over the latest dev blog, if the next FE isn't going to be until February at the earliest (more likely March) then any of this nigh-mythical KDF content won't show up until April at the earliest.
Lt. Commander
# 59
11-16-2011, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockup View Post
Looking over the latest dev blog, if the next FE isn't going to be until February at the earliest (more likely March) then any of this nigh-mythical KDF content won't show up until April at the earliest.
Sigh.
My enthusiasm for this game just dropped another notch. I'm in 2 Klingon PVP fleets, & neither fleet has had enough members on to make a full premade since summer. PVP is becoming a wasteland. KvF ques take forever. I hop onto my token Fed & get a FvF match in 5 minutes tops. It makes me want to kick my Targ in frustration.
& your right Roach. The Academy looks nice.
So, what in Gre'thor are we supposed to do at the Klingon academy anyway?
Lt. Commander
# 60
11-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Quote:

They are probably in the phase where they are planning to make plans.
So it seems we're back at your thread how long is "reasonable".
I stand by my 6 months.