# 11
11-10-2011, 02:40 AM
Well, no one said it would have to be voice-acted :p
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-10-2011, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
He has a history on signing off on his likeness and isn't interested in reprising the role generally. He signed off on Infinite Space to use his face without playing Sisko there.
I believe the opposite may have been the case for the ST Dominion Wars game. I don't have more info though. But it certainly wasn't he likeness or voice as opposed to other characters featured.

It would be cool to have the Sisko ofc. But he would seriously overwrite all the other native game character we have.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-10-2011, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik

I believe the opposite may have been the case for the ST Dominion Wars game. I don't have more info though. But it certainly wasn't he likeness or voice as opposed to other characters featured.

It would be cool to have the Sisko ofc. But he would seriously overwrite all the other native game character we have.
Not necessarily.

I think it would be really cool to, say, have his daughter Rebecca (the one Cassidy waspregnant with in the final episode of DS9, who's been seen pretty much exclusively as a young child in the novels) as a major new character. (NOT as a Starfleet officer. Maybe have her as a Vedek in the Bajoran faith, someone a bit more interesting to run the temple on DS9 and, say, turn up as a scripted event at Quark's -- there's an idea, actually, if DS9 and Drosana had major lore NPCs show up periodically.)

Anyway, imagine Vedek Becca Sisko is praying in the temple for wisdom. We're dealing with a Vorta who, upon realizing that the Founders are not gods, has taken up worship of the Pagh Wraiths (or the Iconians) and has attacked the station with a group of quasi-mystically enhanced Jem'Hadar. So we run around the station, dealing with his minions and then discover Vedek Sisko is his real target.

We race to the temple but it's cut off. The Vorta moves to kill her in almost a perfect replay of Jadzia Dax's death and we're helpless to get inside until... Cue cinematic: the Bajoran Orb in the temple opens. Benjamin Sisko emerges, fully clothed in his DS9 uniform but otherwise Terminator style in a wormhole portal effect. He grunts, waves his hand, and knocks the Vorta back. He then gestures to the forcefield blocking our entry, which dissolves, and disappears. We have a boss fight against the Vorta while defending an injured Becca Sisko. We arrange to rush her to sickbay where she's given an emergency artificial heart and her life is saved.

I think it could be kinda interesting to have a series of "Emissary sightings" in some missions.

Heck, put us in another Prophet vision type sequence and the Prophets could be buzzing cryptically about it.

"The Sisko is not linear but the Sisko's heart has linear beats. The Sisko walks Terok Nor on the 26th hour. The Sisko is restless. The Sisko is mournful and silent and does not speak. The Sisko's heart has linear beats."

And then, almost like ghost sightings, like the ghost of Hamlet's father who walked Castle Elsinore in silence, Sisko is just seen in random places around DS9 and Bajor.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-10-2011, 04:15 AM
So here's what I would do. I'd make him an NPC in two places on the DS9 social hub, with collision disabled.

He walks the promenade in a loop, pausing to look at the wormhole. He's sitting at his desk in ops, which has been added.

But here's where the gimmickry gets kinda cool: from any given player's perspective, he fades out if you get close to him.

Maybe have one spot in Ops where if you stand and look into his office, you see him there at his desk. Leave that spot and he can't be seen or targeted. But if you stand in that spot and salute him, you get an exploration accolade.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-10-2011, 06:01 AM
Avery Brooks was such a great actor, I think without his voice it would just come off as cheap.

I'm more interested in new STO characters like Obesek, that's the path to better featured episodes, create new and interesting characters and get new voices that don't come with legal baggage.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Would be a funny suprise... Although in the Books he already returned...
Indeed. And the Books are more canon than this game is. Besides, if he hasn't returned yet it doesn't make sense for him to return now. The Sisko told his wife that he would return, "Maybe a week, maybe yesterday." It has been 34 years since He left, why would he return now and not earlier?
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-10-2011, 11:43 AM
I really donít like the idea of Sisko just being gone for 35 years. If he does come back in STO, I hope it is established that he has been back but just out of the spotlight. Sisko is a family man and family comes first before everything to him. He promised he would return one day. I donít think he would just be gone for nearly four decades. No matter what the situation, no matter what the prophets say, he would have found a way to come back for his family. I think the DS9 relaunch books tell a better story (book spoiler ahead) where Sisko comes back in time to see his daughter born. This is much better than Sisko comes back and his daughter is 35 and doesnít even know him. He embraces for this first time in 35 years with Kasidy who is old and grey. Jake has thrown away his writing career and has been on a lifelong obsessive quest to rescue his father from the wormhole. With that being said, I think CBS is holding back from allowing canon characters to appear to avoid stories like this which would upset the status quo established by the ending of each series.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Luckly star trek is still fictional and and story can be ajusted. I say that cryptic should invest in as many voie overs as possable if they want to keep thing cannon
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJ
Indeed. And the Books are more canon than this game is. Besides, if he hasn't returned yet it doesn't make sense for him to return now. The Sisko told his wife that he would return, "Maybe a week, maybe yesterday." It has been 34 years since He left, why would he return now and not earlier?
I dont think he would need to fully return..... He could enter the STO timeline for the FE.... at the end of the FE... he could re-enter the wormhole/temple..... time does not exist there, he could exit in any time..... and re-enter and go to another time..... All this talk about the timeline......
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildTheng
I really donít like the idea of Sisko just being gone for 35 years. If he does come back in STO, I hope it is established that he has been back but just out of the spotlight. Sisko is a family man and family comes first before everything to him. He promised he would return one day. I donít think he would just be gone for nearly four decades. No matter what the situation, no matter what the prophets say, he would have found a way to come back for his family. I think the DS9 relaunch books tell a better story (book spoiler ahead) where Sisko comes back in time to see his daughter born. This is much better than Sisko comes back and his daughter is 35 and doesnít even know him. He embraces for this first time in 35 years with Kasidy who is old and grey. Jake has thrown away his writing career and has been on a lifelong obsessive quest to rescue his father from the wormhole. With that being said, I think CBS is holding back from allowing canon characters to appear to avoid stories like this which would upset the status quo established by the ending of each series.
That's one reason why I think it would be an amazing part of DS9 and his revamp if he were positioned so that you could see him in the distance or out of the corner of your eye but never quite get close to him.

So you'd have Sisko sightings.

Maybe make it a little game, like reading all of the low spawn books in Dalaran in World of ********. Spot him in all the right places and get a "Seeker of the Emissary" title and a baseball trophy. If you really wanted to go all out with making a game out of it, maybe have it open up an item called "Sisko's Creole Cookbook" that, when used, creates a Bowl of Joseph Sisko's Gumbo consumable. Maybe even a Niners uniform (which, aside from the cap, could basically be created as a reskin of several existing costume items.) It creates the idea that he's around but back and forth in and out of the wormhole.

I've said before that I see the station as kindof haunted by Sisko or deeply in his shadow and that while Cryptic may not be able to get main themes from the shows, the music from The Visitor would be amazing on the station.

I'd also really like a version of The Inner Light Suite from TNG for non-combat missions. Just check out what it does to Sector Space, playing with it on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyzXPpfv4hU