Lt. Commander
# 11
11-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korhil
3 weeks? With FTP announced for January I dont know what you guys expect to happen in 3 weeks. The Tribble build doesn't have to hit Holodeck until FTP goes live.
well like i said above if you'd read the blog post it would make sense, I'm just responding to what they've put out, and they said in about 3 weeks tribble will copy over to holo and we will all get to start a bit early on the F2p model. when it has to hit is irrelevant, when they say it will is. and based on that fact I've got some questions i'm wanting answers to, and at least 1 of them is highly important to me, the loss of 2 character slots i've earned or paid for is highly disturbing to me.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-09-2011, 03:21 PM
ACK, I really hope that is not true, I was hoping to get my fed sci up, the last of my six charecters, to VA before that!

Heh, next three weekends i will be pulling two 15 hour days it seems, lol
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Quote:
3 weeks? With FTP announced for January I dont know what you guys expect to happen in 3 weeks. The Tribble build doesn't have to hit Holodeck until FTP goes live.
read devblog 21.

Seems they decided they lack hard data and volunteers on tribble, so they just push it to live an let every paying customer play the beta tester.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-09-2011, 03:24 PM
I was hoping to not be ****ed over for another two months. Damn!
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Having now read the devblog, I'd guess that at least an element of this is to give time for the economy to settle before Jan.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post

the lost bank slots, 12 of them. why was this done? this is a change, one that in the long run when compared to other things, is minor, but we were also told only minor changes. Can we get the back please, we pay for them, and its 1 stinking row.
I just directly compared Holo characters with their tribble copies AND characters leveled on Tribble.. they all have the exact same amount of Bank and inventory slots...

Or has there been an amount of slots already removed on Holodeck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
The lost character slot, I went from 7 empty to 6 on live with no explanation, when i deleted my foundry character I didn't get that one back either, meaning I've lost 2 character slots I've either earned or paid for *I've bought extra slots and have earned some* Why was that done, are we going to get them back, the lost slots that I've bought or earned is not cool and could be problematic.
I had a chat with someone from Cryptic support yesterday and asked him about the missing character slots...
He said that would be a "known issue" and "under investigation".... so I asume that is not purpose....
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Quote:
This is what's expected to happen;

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2683

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDangelo
We are starting the Gold member stipend early as a way to thank our loyal customers during this transition period prior to the launch of Free-to-Play.

Second, we will be bringing the new build from Tribble to Holodeck somewhere in the range of December 1 to December 8.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-09-2011, 03:39 PM
"Testing with the new game changes has been going really well on the Tribble server. The development team has been pleased with the results and feedback, and we think we only have a few more weeks of iteration and testing before the game changes will be ready for the mainstream players."

W

T

F

Lt. Commander
# 19
11-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack-NZ
3 Weeks to go, Cryptics official announcement that the devs will get no sleep and they will makes Steve Jobs famous "90 hours a week and loving it" statement look like a picnic.

There is still so much that needs done, so much that needs revising, so much that needs fixing!!! Is 3 weeks really enough time?? I highly doubt it. Seems once again the build is gonna hit the live server and not be ready...
SERIOUSLY FOLKS .. we've walked down this path before. Please .. PLEASE .... PLEASE .... Delay the F2P change over for a month in order to get things worked out correctly.

I KNOW your mind is made up about F2P. That we KNOW ! We are BEGGING you ... PLEASE get some stuff fixed that needs fixed (Like the DS-9 Fleet Action) ... get some of the other content FIXED ..

*** sigh ***

man .. I hope history is not about to repeat itself .
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlBuzzard
SERIOUSLY FOLKS .. we've walked down this path before. Please .. PLEASE .... PLEASE .... Delay the F2P change over for a month in order to get things worked out correctly.

I KNOW your mind is made up about F2P. That we KNOW ! We are BEGGING you ... PLEASE get some stuff fixed that needs fixed (Like the DS-9 Fleet Action) ... get some of the other content FIXED ..

*** sigh ***

man .. I hope history is not about to repeat itself .
Free to play will go live at Jan 17th.
The Tribble build will go live early december.

Basicly a good Idea, but I'm not sure if its really even ready for THAT by then...