Lt. Commander
# 21
11-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlBuzzard
SERIOUSLY FOLKS .. we've walked down this path before. Please .. PLEASE .... PLEASE .... Delay the F2P change over for a month in order to get things worked out correctly.

I KNOW your mind is made up about F2P. That we KNOW ! We are BEGGING you ... PLEASE get some stuff fixed that needs fixed (Like the DS-9 Fleet Action) ... get some of the other content FIXED ..

*** sigh ***

man .. I hope history is not about to repeat itself .
I hate to say it but they do not appear at the present time to be good history students...

If, it goes like I'm thinking, the back lash could be catastrophic.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
I hate to say it but they do not appear at the present time to be good history students...

If, it goes like I'm thinking, the back lash could be catastrophic.
I know .. I'm just hoping that Cryptic is listening when we suggest that a delay ( in order to fix some stuff that really does need fixed) .. is NOT a bad thing.

I guess this is something that I will never understand. I've worked with retail, purchasing and inventory control or sorts for 37 years with different companies. Those who learned from their mistakes and really wanted to grow and do better have survived (even in the worst of times). Yes, some of them had to make some tough choices. BUT in the end those who had the most respect for their co workers and patrons alike were the ones that have managed to do the best. They were not the richest ... but their reputation was impeckable and the respect they have to this day is second to none !
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake45
3 weeks to go?
My money's on the tail end of the 1-8 December launch window.

4 weeks is more likely, and even then, I'm not sure if it will be enough time.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym_Quirk

I'm betting on that as well actually, and from my uninformed view, it isn't nearly enough time, hell to be honest, I'm thinking they should hold untill 2/2 and then go for it, use that time to get it right.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-09-2011, 04:32 PM
Actually, you know what? Put the dilithium tax on holodeck December 8th. Lets just see how well this, or whatever dilithium mat/block/craft thing, turns out for the general population.

Yes... lets go live on December 1st....

MUAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym_Quirk

I'm betting on that as well actually, and from my uninformed view, it isn't nearly enough time, hell to be honest, I'm thinking they should hold untill 2/2 and then go for it, use that time to get it right.
There would be a certain symmetry to pushing the f2p systems to Live on 12 Jan, and setting relaunch for 2 Feb.

I would definitely feel better about having 6 more weeks to work with, but I expect that the date is out of the Dev team's hands.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-09-2011, 06:37 PM
they typically run late, but considering the circumstances i expect this will hit at the early part of the window....why not right?

I'm just glat ToR is right around the corner. Might even pick up MW3 to keep me busy until then. I just havn't found the urge to actually log into holodeck and level my alt. And got fed up with the test server and my inability to actually post bug reports, but hey that bug will be fixed soonish amiright? Yeah i'm not thinking this is going to be a smooth transition to a game that people are seriously goinig to enjoy playing.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlBuzzard
SERIOUSLY FOLKS .. we've walked down this path before. Please .. PLEASE .... PLEASE .... Delay the F2P change over for a month in order to get things worked out correctly.

I KNOW your mind is made up about F2P. That we KNOW ! We are BEGGING you ... PLEASE get some stuff fixed that needs fixed (Like the DS-9 Fleet Action) ... get some of the other content FIXED ..

*** sigh ***

man .. I hope history is not about to repeat itself .
No they should not delay it in any way shape or form , havent you been around for every update they have done huge tons and large amount of bugs, and testing on tribble will not fix that it change that in any way, it needs to go to holodeck so the the bugs that are going to pop up can get fixed, it allways happens, it will allways happen, and no delay will change this, at least now we can work at getting the bugs out before it goes F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMerzan
No they should not delay it in any way shape or form , havent you been around for every update they have done huge tons and large amount of bugs, and testing on tribble will not fix that it change that in any way, it needs to go to holodeck so the the bugs that are going to pop up can get fixed, it allways happens, it will allways happen, and no delay will change this, at least now we can work at getting the bugs out before it goes F2P.
oh you mean like all the bug fixes we've been promised before? the EP even admits they have bugs in game from launch.

they need to slow down

and they need to put out a reason why we lost 12 bank slots for no reason. Please.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Quote:
oh you mean like all the bug fixes we've been promised before? the EP even admits they have bugs in game from launch.

they need to slow down

and they need to put out a reason why we lost 12 bank slots for no reason. Please.
agreed... and there are entire missions (such as FA's ) that remain broken at least 6 months now. IMHO that is ample time to find the problem and assign someone to fixing it.

I've been around for quite some time now, actually. And while it is true that the team listens to a few items here and there... it is ALSO true that a lot of simple requests that really are in EVERYONES best interest is too often ignored.

Delaying this new format for 1 lousy month in order to get some much needed help in fixing things that are broken would more than likely ENCOURAGE EVERYONE . There is no way anyone will ever convence me other wise .... ever !

I'm not trying to be rude ... but there are some things in this life that are simly too obvious ! Period !!!!!