Lt. Commander
# 41
11-10-2011, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlBuzzard
SERIOUSLY FOLKS .. we've walked down this path before. Please .. PLEASE .... PLEASE .... Delay the F2P change over for a month in order to get things worked out correctly.

I KNOW your mind is made up about F2P. That we KNOW ! We are BEGGING you ... PLEASE get some stuff fixed that needs fixed (Like the DS-9 Fleet Action) ... get some of the other content FIXED ..

*** sigh ***

man .. I hope history is not about to repeat itself .

I agree with this assesment...there are a crapload of bugs still, right now on Tribble, many of which have exsisted since the test server launch, some have been around a lot longer and also are on Holodeck...and that's the presentation you want to make to the masses?
Us that have been around a while have gotten used to constant bugs, abnormalitites and strange issues even to the point of we know how to work around them...
But, you're not going to impress anyone if they...Oh let's say...buy a ship from the Cstore only to find out it doesn't work as advertised because of some bug...

And BTW...is this the Same Ol' Buzzard that used to play SFC2?
Lt. Commander
# 42
11-10-2011, 09:08 AM
I just dont get why ya'll dont want them to go to holodeck i guess ya want them to fix things twice, its like ya'll think the long its on tribble the fewer bug , havent yall been around the other releases , it doesnt matter how long its on tribble when it goes holodeck it will brake there will be tons of bugs no matter how long its on tribble, so i say let it got holodeck and fix it and be done with it, no need it fixing it twice .
Lt. Commander
# 43
11-10-2011, 09:27 AM
No, the longer it takes the less I will be microtransacted to death haha
Lt. Commander
# 44
11-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
I agree with this assesment...there are a crapload of bugs still, right now on Tribble, many of which have exsisted since the test server launch, some have been around a lot longer and also are on Holodeck...and that's the presentation you want to make to the masses?
Us that have been around a while have gotten used to constant bugs, abnormalitites and strange issues even to the point of we know how to work around them...
But, you're not going to impress anyone if they...Oh let's say...buy a ship from the Cstore only to find out it doesn't work as advertised because of some bug...

And BTW...is this the Same Ol' Buzzard that used to play SFC2?
YUP ! I actually mess with some 3-D models now.. form scratch ! I've got a model around here called the Seawolf class. (You'll no doubt recognize it's ancestor that we designed )

BTW ... [/salute] good to see ya old friend !

EDIT: THIS is one of them
Lt. Commander
# 45
11-10-2011, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMerzan
I just dont get why ya'll dont want them to go to holodeck i guess ya want them to fix things twice, its like ya'll think the long its on tribble the fewer bug , havent yall been around the other releases , it doesnt matter how long its on tribble when it goes holodeck it will brake there will be tons of bugs no matter how long its on tribble, so i say let it got holodeck and fix it and be done with it, no need it fixing it twice .
In a word .. many of us are tired of the promise of getting things fixed .. "it's in the works" .. Some of this stuff really needs adressed NOW ! (ie FA's that have been messed up for 6 months now)

We're not trying to be rude .. but good grief ... at some point in time there are some things that need to be done before launch. Most of us know that MMO's are never done or complete. Even WoW as big a following as it has .. has bug issues. The REAL issue here is that some of these are long over due for repair. ALSO many of us are concerned that if this gets launched as it is these issues will be placed on the back burner indefinately.
Lt. Commander
# 46
11-10-2011, 10:41 AM
For me, this is great news. After getting one Fed to VA and my KDF just 3 levels short of LG on Tribble, lots of Doff testing and Dilithium exchanging, i'm almost ready for the change over. Just a few things to craft on Holodeck and i'm all set.

I'm really glad this is happening, since currently we are not earning anything other than those Tribble Rewards for our characters, but getting this live to the masses, along with earning Dilithium and playing new content, i couldn't be happier. After all the time on Tribble, it makes so much sense to roll this out and test the F2P builds on Holodeck; did anyone think that the launch of F2P would result in the launch of everything? I didn't. I even said that December could possibly bring the Doffs, the Borg Ground Invasion and maybe even the new FE to Holodeck. Its nice to be right

And knowing that soon, my main and her alts will earn from everything that i do in a few weeks time. I can't wait. Thanks Cryptic. Looking forward to continuing to test, only live this time
Lt. Commander
# 47
11-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green117 View Post
*snip- and playing new content, *snip
Um...content...?
Ah yes...content...the subjective thing...yeah, DOFF, Dilithium and the events is content...but
We're not playing any new missions...
Because there are none of those...
And there are a crapload of bugs, some of which are on Holodeck and have been there for so long it's just silly...but, it's ready to push to live...?
Ironic that the problem of easy leveling is addressed by slowing down the progression by reward reduction rather than getting more missions to do.
Did I mention STO needs more missions?
Especially at endgame.
Lt. Commander
# 48
11-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Um...content...?
Ah yes...content...the subjective thing...yeah, DOFF, Dilithium and the events is content...but
And there are a crapload of bugs, some of which are on Holodeck and have been there for so long it's just silly...but, it's ready to push to live...?
Ironic that the problem of easy leveling is addressed by slowing down the progression by reward reduction rather than getting more missions to do.
Especially at endgame.
Yes, content. Wrap it up how you will, but we have had content in a variety of different forms, be it a whole new combat update, to completely new ui's and Doff System. If you are not happy, fine. I know i am. But don't dismiss content just because said content doesn't fit your idea of content. And while i'd be even more happy with more missions, FE's, end game etc, i know these are coming in time.

And yes, it is ready to push to Holodeck. Regardless of the current bugs, they are not game breaking, because if that was the case, then i'm assuming we are both playing two separate games here. Getting it live means more people to test and more feedback, with existing players getting use to the new changes and the like a good month or so before it really and truly goes live.

But anyways, whether you like it or not, i do. And i can't wait for this to go live so i can add to my nice amount of (Transfer Projected) Dilithium, begin working with my Doffs on Reilyra, earn additional Accolades and so on.
Lt. Commander
# 49
11-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Um...content...?
Especially at endgame.
I'm afradi I must agree with my esteemed colleague here. While there has unquestionably been some progress in a very few areas (such as revamping some of the old missions) .. Most of that work has stopped. If I did not know better I'd say someone knew this was comming some time back and efforts have been focused on F2P for a while now (as well as NWN )

In any case it is ALSO very apparent that when the company from China stepped in there was a shift in the direction of the overall scope of things. (in my opinion)
Lt. Commander
# 50
11-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMerzan
Umm you do realize that when they fix it on tribble, it does stay fixed, and they patch holodeck with the tribble information right? That is the whole concept behind a test server, to test things, and fix them on that server. I've been around numerous software releases both in gaming and non gaming. The idea is to fix what breaks on tribble, first so that when it is released to holodeck its a smooth running process and not a problem. Otherwise what is the point of tribble?