Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Lt. Commander
The Klingon experience is better, with the level boost, but the problem is still grinding the same missions to level, even with the increase.

I suggest taking 5 missions from the romulan Fed arc, and 5 missions from the Cardassian Fed arc and adding in the DSE encounter missions for those sectors as well to the Klingon faction.

With free to play you've got a shot at relaunching the game and in a sense getting a mulligan on the initial mistakes made with Klingons.

It would be a real shame to launch again with the same exact problem and not fix that mistake.

I also am worried about the level 21? unlocking of Klingon play.

The Klingon faction on live is sparse enough, lowering this number to 15 or so might be wiser, as at least then a player might be less attached to their fed character.

With the new system having one character is much more important, and by level 21 there is a real possibly that players will be too invested in their Fed to move over and join the KDF.

The KDF needs new blood, it's very sad on our side of the fence, please don't cripple us out of the gate for a second time. I've been here since launch, I've seen my faction dissipate into a hand full of fleets with less than ten people active in them.

Before all of this goes live please take a second look at the Klingon issues, see what tweaks or incentives you can add into the mix to get us some warm bodies over here.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Speaking of...how in heck do you unlock the Deferi missions? I'm MG1 and still can't hail these.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Speaking of...how in heck do you unlock the Deferi missions? I'm MG1 and still can't hail these.
MG2 starts the series.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-09-2011, 07:39 PM
this only prove they havent learnt anythng for the last time they launched kdf , remember they said they wanted to flesh out the kdf , and the kdf was to get lots of new content? and the level 21 thing is just a temp fix ..... right... Sorry cryptic but ur record talks more then ur actions..
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-09-2011, 08:06 PM
Dd they fix the devidian series for kdf yet?
Cloak has been broken for a year with no fix in site
How about move the cloak and cloak detection skill a little more to the left in the skill tree?
You start the game too poor to have an enjoyable experience as a kdf.

Forget about more content. Nobody is going to play the kdf.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-10-2011, 01:08 AM
In theory they could spend the time between bringin the Tribble changes to Holodeck in the first week of December (F2P Blog#21) and F2P launch in Jan 17 2012 with creating/converting missions for the KDF.
Even with the holidays it should be about four weeks.
But as Staran pointed out in a thread in the KDF forum there's no hint they will.

So two years and no indication they won't repeat what they did at launch?
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-10-2011, 04:29 AM
Cryptic and PW have learned nothing concerning the KDF.
IMO they have told us again warm words for "future improvements" just leave us out of the F2P headstart.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-10-2011, 08:04 AM
>>> Cloak has been broken for a year with no fix in site

For F2P I think this is the only real killer issue. There is still a lack of content on Tribble even with the compressed leveling, but it isn't a huge problem.

A useless PvE cloak, however...
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Do not expect it on launch. If we are to recieve content they will have to put resources into it and I do not see them having those resources to spare if they are trying to revamp the game for F2P.

I expect to see the Grand KDF revival at least 2 months after F2P and most likely longer.

I do sincerelly hope I am wrong and they make a fool of me and a lier of my words.

The only real irritant will be the near endless flow of feds telling us to be quiet while they continue thier cries for content in this drought they are suffering which is funny becuase we have been upset about our drought for 2 years - guess that didn't matter because are only 18%.
Better 18% honest agnst than 82% hypocrit.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-10-2011, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Do not expect it on launch. If we are to recieve content they will have to put resources into it and I do not see them having those resources to spare if they are trying to revamp the game for F2P.

I expect to see the Grand KDF revival at least 2 months after F2P and most likely longer.

I do sincerelly hope I am wrong and they make a fool of me and a lier of my words.

The only real irritant will be the near endless flow of feds telling us to be quiet while they continue thier cries for content in this drought they are suffering which is funny becuase we have been upset about our drought for 2 years - guess that didn't matter because are only 18%.
Better 18% honest agnst than 82% hypocrit.
Damd strait. We're KDF.. Our verion of Diplomacy is to tell you the unvarnished facts, not present the unfortunate realitys of the universe in pretty words. Blunt honesty. My words to the Fed about hier terrible content drought..

"You'll get used to it."