Lt. Commander
# 1 are you serious
11-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Quote:
F2P Announcements

The big news is that we have set a launch date for Star Trek Online to become Free-to-Play (F2P), and that date is Tuesday January 17, 2012.

With the date now being public knowledge, I can share two other announcements.

First, we will be starting the Gold member stipend benefit on December 1st. This benefit grants 400 free Cryptic Points each month to each subscriber to STO.

The stipend is granted on the “anniversary day” for your account. This is the day in the month which corresponds to when your account was first activated for Star Trek Online. This means that you won’t necessarily get your stipend right at the beginning of the month, but it will be coming for you at the appropriate time during December and each following month. Stipend points from STO can only be spent in STO.

We are starting the Gold member stipend early as a way to thank our loyal customers during this transition period prior to the launch of Free-to-Play.

Second, we will be bringing the new build from Tribble to Holodeck somewhere in the range of December 1 to December 8.

Testing with the new game changes has been going really well on the Tribble server. The development team has been pleased with the results and feedback, and we think we only have a few more weeks of iteration and testing before the game changes will be ready for the mainstream players.

We’re excited to bring all the great content and game play improvements from the test server to the majority of the player base during the first week of December.

Mark your calendars. Star Trek Online F2P is coming your way!

Stephen D’Angelo
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online

Testing has been going really well
I am so happy for you you do realize things could be going a whole lot better do you?
development team has been pleased with the results and feedback
i have never seen this much complaining on the forums. how could you possibly be pleased whit such feedback?! HOW CAN YOU ****-OFF MOST OF YOUR CLIENT-BASE AND BE HAPPY ABOUT IT?!

only a few more weeks before the game will be ready for mainstream
  • you are launching whit the KDF as a skeletal factions again instead of doing it right this time.
  • you kill crafting by adding dilithium to the costs...
  • you still haven't split ground from space skills.
  • you still haven't revamped ground skill nor tested them...
  • other than the doff system the F2P build has a complete content drought
  • the doff system has gotten worse whit each update. (only graphically it has become more appealing)
  • are there any plans for the borg set? or was deciding to complete it (on holodeck) this week the best thing i did in STO this year?
  • you haven't revamped exploration yet!
  • sector space is still fragmented! wern't you going to make sector space into one big map?
HOW CAN YOU CALL THIS READY FOR MAINSTREAM?!
thank you for telling me i have only 20 days left to farm for all the particle traces on holodeck so i can craft what i want before i get scrwd whit an additional dilithium cost. ill defiantly make the most of the time i have left.

i have already pre-ordered a collectors edition of star wars: the old republic so ill be playing that game mostly from December 20th. I am a lifer since the launch so thank you for the monthly stipend and ill probably be back to see whats new. I really like STO and i want to keep coming back to play but whit the current tribble build i don't think it will be worth it.
afther this announcement i have to come to the conclusion that what we see on tribble now will not be subject to change and the changes made are set into stone,
what we have now on tribble is just not good enough! you absolutely can't launch whit this!
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Well i agree this game is not ready and they will make the same mistake they did first off by bringing a game that is not ready onto the live server. The economy is not done as with exploration missions, ground revamp, etc. they need to relax and not screw us again with no content as it is so far. Let hope they honestly stand up for themsevles and tell PW to relax and let them make the game better.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-09-2011, 06:01 PM
There are still several weeks of new builds on tribble, then another month before it's open to f2p players. A lot of our feedback has been heard and considered, maybe even acted on, but there's a lot that just hasn't made it into the latest build. With all the positive changes lately (gold auto refine, crafting tradeable materials, VA token return), I have faith that they're still taking our feedback seriously and will address further issues as weeks go on.

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it's too early, as there are plenty of things still in the works that we will see in the coming weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-09-2011, 06:12 PM
I would have liked to see KDF content become a full fledged faction before Re-launch. I have been here since original launch date and must say that throwing a swap meet looking social zone full of klingons and calling it the academy and re-doing the first city was not what I would call a complete faction. Seriously...you claim to listen to our feedback, then here me now...Please, I beg you please! Finish the KDF. Give us more Storyline missions. Instead of "Patrol" missions gives us conquer missions. Something...just something playable.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-09-2011, 06:29 PM
yes they have several weeks to make changes. But thats the issue they have set a date that the game MUST go live. Instead of actually putting in the time to ensure the game is set to make a happy new universe for all their new players, cus lets face it thats all they care about, they are setting a date and regardless of the state of the game it is going live. Bad plan plain and simple. They claim everything is going great and that they are happy.......so they are happy with alienating lots of the current player base which just speaks to the fact they really don't give a rats *** about the current player base. Par for the course
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jentai View Post
yes they have several weeks to make changes. But thats the issue they have set a date that the game MUST go live. Instead of actually putting in the time to ensure the game is set to make a happy new universe for all their new players, cus lets face it thats all they care about, they are setting a date and regardless of the state of the game it is going live. Bad plan plain and simple. They claim everything is going great and that they are happy.......so they are happy with alienating lots of the current player base which just speaks to the fact they really don't give a rats *** about the current player base. Par for the course
And the "date that the game MUST go live" is Jan 17, 2012.

What they're doing Dec 1-8 is pushing testing to the live server instead of just Tribble. Why? Because if testing on Tribble doesn't have enough people now, it's 1) not going to mag-tastically get substantially more people on it any time soon, and 2) it's going to be even less populated after 12/20 for at least a few weeks.

I see *why* they're doing it - so that they'll have all of Holodeck's population to gather metrics, feedback, or whatnot for a few weeks before 12/20. This does not mean I necessarily agree with the change, as beta testing on a live server is going to cause all manner of consternation for people , especially those who might not frequent the boards and aren't aware of half the things changing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Well....the statements are true...from a certain point of view.

They've had no major build failures on a programming level. They are getting some good feedback from those who are legitimately trying to test things.

Just because a few of us (me included) are not happy about certain aspects...doesn't mean the testing is going badly.....
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Pretty much in agreement with te OP.

No KDF content..

NO KDF content..

NO KDF CONTENT.

The game is now looking like its going to launch F2P with NO KDF CONTENT.

Do not do this to this game again.. I beg you, I implore you. DO NOT LAUNCH THE F2P BUILD ONTO HOLODECK. WITH OUT THE KDF CONTENT!

This is a mistake you simply cannot afford to do again. For a bunch od proffessional game designers you folks are showing a real lack of understanding of your potential customers. Your apparently clueless on just how big of an error this is, This is a chance to "reset" the game. The "reset" players impressions. If you wait on KDF content again you might as well just shut the servers down and be done with it.

Your going to launch Free 2 Play and your revenue and sale are going to be driven by gamers. Not trek fans who stick with the game just because its trek, but gamers. Gamers who go looking for something in a game and if they do not find it, go elsewhere. They are going to expect the same thing they expect in any other multifaction MMO. Without KDF development your going to loose not 18% of your base. Not the 30 that the KDF had at one point. Not 50% which would be the ideal ratio. It's more like 70% and quite possibly more. . The players are going to come, look at the game..fiddle around with it for a month or so.. see that there in no real depth to one of the two factions. And then they will leave. They will tell thier buddies exactly what the game is lacking. They will be contemptuous. It will be the worst possible press thay this game could possibly get.

You need to get KDF content in the game and get us testing it right now because right now to doing a pretty fair imatation of the Titannic. Its arrogence, hubris, pride, and an utter lack of understanding of the market your climbing into

At this point I feel I have no further options. We are your customers, and we have been a loyal core of customers, and you have not listened to us time, after time, after time. I have the contact Information I need for your parent company. I will be contacting your parent company tomorrow and I will beg and plead with them not to allow you to make this mistake. I will not just stand by and allow you to screw up a Tek title.

I am a life time member and you told me I have a say.

You Lied.

In season 2 you said there would be significant KDF content.

You Lied.

Yoour company and your studio has lied and continued to lie about this issue to the point where its been an embarrasment to some of your own emplyess, specificly one of your lead artists who has stated publicly that the KDF faction has gotten the short end of the stick in so many words..

You cannot, you must put this game in front of the public as a free to play title catering to PvP players which is your primary F2P audience with the adversarial KDF faction having so little content. It simply will not work.

I'll give it it ONE week If I do not see KDF content within the next SEVEN DAYS I am done with giving you my time to test your F2P builds. I will simply play the game on Holodeck from that point forward. And if asked by someone about this game I will tell them the facts.

I will tell them that Cryptic studies lies to its customers.
I will tell them that Cryptic studies hasn't a clue about compurter gamers and what they like and what what they want.
I will tell them that Cryptic studio products are more hype then substance.

Cryptic studios parent company made a point of stating FOR THE RECORD that there would be development of the KDF faction. DO you honestly expect a china based corporation to be that tolerent of
amercans that make THEM look bad? Have you ever in your life bothered to read a history book? I have utter faith that Perfect world will not tolerate Cryptic studio's affecting the public perception of them. I've player perfect world titles. thay do not claim them to be anything more then what they are. There is a strong ephisis on a basic honesty about what they present to the public. They are niether a people, or a culture prone to exeagerated claims. They have a cultural impertive toward a basic blunt honesty.

If you truely value you jobs that is something you had best consider right now. Sales tactics are one thing..
lieing to the customer is another thing entirely.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-10-2011, 01:59 AM
The game will sorely miss such eloquent contributors.

Can I have your stuff?
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-10-2011, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usarina View Post
The game will sorely miss such eloquent contributors.

Can I have your stuff?
Careful. The unemployed teenager with the english skills of a 12 year old will report you for trolling him then ignore you. Followed up by abusive messages in your mailbox.

At least that is what he did the last time I made a post of similar content in response to one of his.