Lt. Commander
# 41
11-10-2011, 06:55 AM
I get Massive Online Gamer in the mail and have since I purchased the Spock cover that gave away the TOS uniform code. Many times I disagree with the mag and it seems that they promote Wizard 101 WAY to much. But they are one of the better MMO magazines out there and I tend to try games that they suggest checking out. I looked over the list of games they have nominated and most of them I have tried out.
I will continue to support STO, with both my cash and other community things I do, and hope that they will continue on and get better every week. However, I cannot at this time vote for them as either best non-fantasy MMO nor best Free To Play. Perhaps next year, AFTER they have gone F2P, I will vote for them. I play both STO and Fallen Earth and so far Fallen Earth has treated its community much better and has drastically inproved since it went live, and even more so since it went Free To Play.
Nynik I can respect what your doing here and cudos to you for supporting STO. But... being an avid MMO gamer since March of 1999 (EQ) and a reader of MOG, other gaming periodicals and MMO web sites. I find it hard to tell other MMO folks that STO is the best non-fantasy game or Best F2P (Because it isnt until January now). The community has waited for new content, and Foundry fixes only to be told, " We are waiting for new combat" and then told " We are waiting for Free To Play". 9+ months of waiting does'nt a good MMO make.
Mor
Lt. Commander
# 42
11-10-2011, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik

Sorry, I am trying to keep my replies brief (if you want a reply).

I couldnt help but laugh after scrolling down to see that was actually one of your longest posts I've seen
Lt. Commander
# 43
11-10-2011, 09:00 AM
I think it sends a better message to vote up Champs in both categories.
Lt. Commander
# 44
11-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
<thinks for half a nanosecond>

NO.

Took Ya that long huh?

Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
This, this, VERY MUCH THIS.

So do it, peoples.

Since Champs is still a good game and that's where any and all of my C-points have been going, and will go until bugs are fixed and other issues are resolved (crafting, content, unchained missions, etc., etc., etc..).
Lt. Commander
# 46
11-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Quote:
They will vote according to what game they play and wish to promote.
That is the entire and obvious point of the poll, and a valid measure in its own right.

Quote:
By saying STO does not deserve to be, say " best non-fantasy MMO " its saying its best for people not to play this game. How can you be so absolute in this attitude?
Saying it's not the best is just saying it's not the best. It's not saying it's bad.

I'm saying it's bad, but in direct statements, not by voting for its (more worthy) fellows in the market.

Quote:
I'm asking why you feel letting the game suffer on its last shot at staying online benefits your continued play of the things you enjoy in STO.
Because its last shot is still a jab in my eye, full of smarmy false assurances and (unless the IGN interviewer mis-summarized the EEPH's statements) outright lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Absolutely. It's what I did, and I didn't need to come up with any convoluted illogic to justify it. It's my actual opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 47
11-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
<thinks for half a nanosecond>

NO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Took Ya that long huh?

Choaked on sandwich I laughed so hard !

Lt. Commander
# 48
11-10-2011, 11:31 AM
At this point I wish CBS would pull the plug on the IP and renegotiate with a good company. There is a market for a Star Trek MMO it just needs to be done by company willing to do what it takes to make a good game. Instead of trying to milk customers for large amounts of money from a poor product.

I would rather wait six years for a good game, than be stuck with this mess.
Lt. Commander
# 49
11-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormnnorm
Can't say I agree with this either. It's like asking for a nobel prize ahead of time, so that you get "street cred" and can then conduct leading scientific research. It doesn't work that way.

Giving the game awards that it doesn't deserve just justifies the current behavior of the company/devs, and indicates to them that they should continue on their current track.

Make the game better first, then get the awards.
+1

Absolutely right!

I've voted but not for STO. There are other games in the list with a much better & customer friendly F2P model.
If you want to help the MMO business in general vote for a F2P business model which helps players, customers and the developers ...
Lt. Commander
# 50
11-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTigh
It's like hoping that fellating an abusive husband will somehow make him treat you better.
Pretty much this. I wouldn't have recommended this game to bin Laden, at least what's on Tribble. No vote for you, Sales Transaction Online. Actually, I'm going to vote for another game I haven't even played.