Lt. Commander
# 1 run out of Episode Content
11-10-2011, 02:40 AM
I've finished Researcher Rescue, But Franklin Drake will not give me Skirmish - he talks to me as if I am already working for him.

I have not done Starbase 24 because I cannot get a queue during the hours I play. I hope the ground mission in there is not a prereq for Skirmish?

In any case this a potential content gap - something Cryptic already has a reputation for. It's not going to look good if this happens in F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-10-2011, 02:43 AM
starbase 24 has nothing to do with it. it sounds like a bug, report it in game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-10-2011, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Hawk
I've finished Researcher Rescue, But Franklin Drake will not give me Skirmish - he talks to me as if I am already working for him.

I have not done Starbase 24 because I cannot get a queue during the hours I play. I hope the ground mission in there is not a prereq for Skirmish?

In any case this a potential content gap - something Cryptic already has a reputation for. It's not going to look good if this happens in F2P.

I experienced the same at LC1, but after reachinng LC2, "Skirmish" became suddenly available... Starbase 24 was not necessary!
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-10-2011, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronthion12
I experienced the same at LC1, but after reachinng LC2, "Skirmish" became suddenly available... Starbase 24 was not necessary!
That's great - except That I only just got to Lt 10 via dailies and patrols. If I have to grind three more levels...
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-10-2011, 03:49 AM
Quote:
That's great - except That I only just got to Lt 10 via dailies and patrols. If I have to grind three more levels...
Just see if advancing one more level will give it to you, although that's an odd one.

I experienced something similar when I was in the Romulan series, that I needed to finish off a level before T'nae would give me the next in the series. and I was *way* over the level needed for the missions on Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-10-2011, 05:34 AM
Well...They kinda messed up a little.

They gave a skill point boost on Tribble. Which causes you to outlevel the episodes quickly. (and causes you to outlevel the rewards way too fast)

Locking the episodes like this really has hurt a lot of people. I know some people that hit VADM/LT Gen and still couldn't get into Gamma....because they hadn't finished the episodes.

I've been skipping the patrols and only doing the episodes...with some DOff missions thrown in...(I did most of Captain via DOff) I just hit RA2...and I am not even done the Romulan episodes....

HOPEFULLY when it goes to live, it will be a bit more balanced.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-11-2011, 12:08 AM
I just hit Lt Cmdr 1, the second ding since I finished Researcher rescue.

I still can't get Skirmish.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-11-2011, 03:17 AM
Hit Lt Cmdr 2 - and was able to get the mission.

Definitely a hardcoded requirement of Lt Cmdr 2.

This really doesn't look good.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-11-2011, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Hit Lt Cmdr 2 - and was able to get the mission.

Definitely a hardcoded requirement of Lt Cmdr 2.

This really doesn't look good.
Until they take out the higher SP rewards that Tribble currently has, then it should right itself some. Although I still don't think it should be hard coded.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-11-2011, 09:04 AM
We're aware of an issue effecting that level range of episodes. We have a fix we hope to get out very soon that will resolve the problem.

I apologize for the inconvenience.