Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
11-10-2011, 05:42 AM
It should be on your anniversary day.

Veteran rewards are tallied based on the day you first started as well, the reason is because that is when your SUB first started.

If they didn't, then a person who subbed, say on the 15th subs, gets their immediate points, and then gets more points again on the 1st just got double. Every MMO I have played always tallies rewards and sub bonuses by sub date. Why should STO be any different?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
11-10-2011, 05:50 AM
I have no problem with pre-orders being backdated one additional month's worth of CP on Dec 1. If you ordered before Feb 1 2010, you get 400CP on Dec 1 plus your regular stipend on your anniversary date. If you ordered on Feb 1 or later, then you only get it on your anniversary date stipend.

Disclosure: I bought my LTS on February 12, 2010. So I would not be affected.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
11-10-2011, 06:19 AM
So here's my situation (not that anyone cares, I just find this amusing). I purchased the LTS on January 30, but the pre-order didn't arrive until Feb 7, so which of these days are you counting as my "anniversary"? The day I punched in my activation code, the day I bought the LTS, or the day I created my character during head start?

Guess which one of those will make me mad and which one I prefer.

FYI, I have a feeling this "anniversary" will end up being the day that I always get my monthly stipend. If this is the intention and if my first stipend arrives Dec 30 I do not think that is fair at all. Anyone who has had an active subscription from head start to present should have their stipend awarded on the day of head start (Nov. 29) or launch (Dec. 2), not New Year's eve a month later.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
11-10-2011, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
So here's my situation (not that anyone cares, I just find this amusing). I purchased the LTS on January 30, but the pre-order didn't arrive until Feb 7, so which of these days are you counting as my "anniversary"? The day I punched in my activation code, the day I bought the LTS, or the day I created my character during head start?

Guess which one of those will make me mad and which one I prefer.

FYI, I have a feeling this "anniversary" will end up being the day that I always get my monthly stipend. If this is the intention and if my first stipend arrives Dec 30 I do not think that is fair at all. Anyone who has had an active subscription from head start to present should have their stipend awarded on the day of head start (Nov. 29) or launch (Dec. 2), not New Year's eve a month later.
Open Excel.
In cell A1 type in: =today()
In Cell A2 type in you days subscribed as it says in your account.
In cell A3 type in: =A1-A2
The shown date in A3 is the date of your account activation. If the result in A3 is just a large number, right-click on it and set the format to date.

For me it showed an activation date of 2/12/2010

Note: This will only work for LTS subs and those who have not seen a gap in their sub.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
11-10-2011, 06:27 AM
I love how people are complaining that they get their stipend laster in the month to others. Why does it matter? We all get the stipend of 400 C-Points per month. Getting it earlier in the month doesn't make them worth more.

I'll be getting mine sometime in December. I don't know the date. I don't care what date it is. I think it is great that they are starting it early before STO is free to play.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
11-10-2011, 06:51 AM
The stipend needs to be backdated about 6 months.

Paying players deserve an apology of some kind at this point.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
11-10-2011, 07:19 AM
Clearly, Cryptic hates people who have subscribed to STO late in the month... shameful really!

(this was a sarcastic note to those who think these eyes are happy! :p)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
11-10-2011, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bort1980 View Post
I love how people are complaining that they get their stipend laster in the month to others. Why does it matter? We all get the stipend of 400 C-Points per month. Getting it earlier in the month doesn't make them worth more.

I'll be getting mine sometime in December. I don't know the date. I don't care what date it is. I think it is great that they are starting it early before STO is free to play.
^^ This.
Its only 400 CPs. If you are that desperate then pay 5 and get 400CP on the first month and then you will be OK. Or forget that you saw the News item and assume that you will get it when it actually goes F2P which is in Jan, so that when you do get it in December you can go mental in the C-store and tear it up.

On a serious note I would assume that there is a valid reason why they have done it like that. Perhaps if you knew that then it would be easier for your to accept.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
11-10-2011, 07:29 AM
There's a legitimate and fair reason they're doing it on each Subs anniversary day, it has to do with the Dilithium Exchange, and it's a bit complicated, so hold on and try to keep up:

If they released everyones C-Point Stipend at the same time every month, all the people who intend to buy Dilithium with their stipend would all be trying to do it at the same time, the value of Dilithium would skyrocket as the deluge of C-Points hits it, and all the people selling Dilithium would basically be able to name their price.

Two weeks later, however, in between Stipend awards, the opposite would happen. C-points would be in short supply and Dilithiums value would drop like a rock.

Combined, the in-game Dilithium-C-Point economy would form a roller coaster of predictable ups and downs, allowing smart and patient players a much greater potential to game the market by acting in phase with the cycle without actually using their Dilithum or spending their C-Points.

By giving out Stipends on the Anniversary days, they'll be allowing the Dilithium-C-Point economy to take on a much more steady track, with constant small infusions of Dilithum and C-Points, mitigating any possible gaming of the Economy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
11-10-2011, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
There's a legitimate and fair reason they're doing it on each Subs anniversary day, it has to do with the Dilithium Exchange, and it's a bit complicated, so hold on and try to keep up:

If they released everyones C-Point Stipend at the same time every month, all the people who intend to buy Dilithium with their stipend would all be trying to do it at the same time, the value of Dilithium would skyrocket as the deluge of C-Points hits it, and all the people selling Dilithium would basically be able to name their price.

Two weeks later, however, in between Stipend awards, the opposite would happen. C-points would be in short supply and Dilithiums value would drop like a rock.

Combined, the in-game Dilithium-C-Point economy would form a roller coaster of predictable ups and downs, allowing smart and patient players a much greater potential to game the market by acting in phase with the cycle without actually using their Dilithum or spending their C-Points.

By giving out Stipends on the Anniversary days, they'll be allowing the Dilithium-C-Point economy to take on a much more steady track, with constant small infusions of Dilithum and C-Points, mitigating any possible gaming of the Economy.
I understand why they are doing it. But understand that if soneone where to sub today, they would get their stipend before those who bought an LTS in open beta. I'm just suggesting a ONE TIME payment to those who ordered before February 1, 2010. The total number of players who did are small and shouldn't affect the economy that much. But it would help prevent some more rage threads.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:06 AM.