Lt. Commander
# 21
11-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
I understand why they are doing it. But understand that if soneone where to sub today, they would get their stipend before those who bought an LTS in open beta. I'm just suggesting a ONE TIME payment to those who ordered before February 1, 2010. The total number of players who did are small and shouldn't affect the economy that much. But it would help prevent some more rage threads.
So what if they get it first and who cares about rage threads lol, I filed a GM help a week ago and no one answered that! If a company changed policy everytime someones nose was out of joint then they will never do anything!
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-10-2011, 08:13 AM
Quote:
I understand why they are doing it. But understand that if soneone where to sub today, they would get their stipend before those who bought an LTS in open beta. I'm just suggesting a ONE TIME payment to those who ordered before February 1, 2010. The total number of players who did are small and shouldn't affect the economy that much. But it would help prevent some more rage threads.
There are plenty of things people are raging about. Getting C-store points on the day of your sub date isn't.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-10-2011, 08:18 AM
Quote:
I have no problem with pre-orders being backdated one additional month's worth of CP on Dec 1. If you ordered before Feb 1 2010, you get 400CP on Dec 1 plus your regular stipend on your anniversary date. If you ordered on Feb 1 or later, then you only get it on your anniversary date stipend.

Disclosure: I bought my LTS on February 12, 2010. So I would not be affected.
Thanks for the anniversary calculator.

Iíve been subscribed for 656.66 days and it looks like my anniversary date is 1/22/2010.

Iím not too upset about not getting my Stipend in December; however, I can see how it can cause a WTH moment for others.

Iím just glad that current subscribers will not have to wait till mid-January to start playing some meaningful content again and be able to get a head start on the Doff system and test out this new economy live on holodeck.

I wonder if there are any members that bought their lifetime subscriptions back in December of 2009.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
So here's my situation (not that anyone cares, I just find this amusing). I purchased the LTS on January 30, but the pre-order didn't arrive until Feb 7, so which of these days are you counting as my "anniversary"? The day I punched in my activation code, the day I bought the LTS, or the day I created my character during head start?

Guess which one of those will make me mad and which one I prefer.

FYI, I have a feeling this "anniversary" will end up being the day that I always get my monthly stipend. If this is the intention and if my first stipend arrives Dec 30 I do not think that is fair at all. Anyone who has had an active subscription from head start to present should have their stipend awarded on the day of head start (Nov. 29) or launch (Dec. 2), not New Year's eve a month later.
I was wondering about this too...I preorded a month or so before Beta launch as well.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Well im guessing you want all people that subbed early to get the stipend on the 1st of every month? I activated my account around the same time as you.... and I dont care if I have to wait until the 28th for my stipend..... life is not fair... get used to it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
I wonder what happens to people who subbed on the 31st of a month, hows that get worked out on months that don't have a 31st day?
We should be glad that there hasn't been a leap year yet.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Honestly I think a stipend needs to be given for every month that F2P has been the main focus of the Dev's attention rather than normal game development on holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Honestly I think a stipend needs to be given for every month that F2P has been the main focus of the Dev's attention rather than normal game development on holodeck.
The Nagus IS wise... (Greedy, but Wise) <chuckle>

I think We should at the very least, get enough equal to the number of months since We found out that F2P was a True Fact.

This works really well ... Date Calculator... no DL involved..
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Meh, mine is the end of the month also. I guess my fleecing people out of dilithium will have to wait a little while longer...
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
This would be the best way to restore consumer confidence, and one hell of an apology... I would even go so far as to say that it wouldn't affect things in-game all that much...
After all, the influx of new players with F2P will ensure that the economy and the Cryptic point exchange will be used and it will balance itself out eventually...

As for people who don't feel that your $$$ makes you entitled to good service, I've got some beachfront property in the Antarctica to sell you! No guarantee on your property melting or eroding!!