Lt. Commander
# 31
11-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
There's a legitimate and fair reason they're doing it on each Subs anniversary day, it has to do with the Dilithium Exchange, and it's a bit complicated, so hold on and try to keep up:

If they released everyones C-Point Stipend at the same time every month, all the people who intend to buy Dilithium with their stipend would all be trying to do it at the same time, the value of Dilithium would skyrocket as the deluge of C-Points hits it, and all the people selling Dilithium would basically be able to name their price.

Two weeks later, however, in between Stipend awards, the opposite would happen. C-points would be in short supply and Dilithiums value would drop like a rock.

Combined, the in-game Dilithium-C-Point economy would form a roller coaster of predictable ups and downs, allowing smart and patient players a much greater potential to game the market by acting in phase with the cycle without actually using their Dilithum or spending their C-Points.

By giving out Stipends on the Anniversary days, they'll be allowing the Dilithium-C-Point economy to take on a much more steady track, with constant small infusions of Dilithum and C-Points, mitigating any possible gaming of the Economy.
Employees are also getting their payment all at the same date; never heard economy crashed over this fact...

The stipend is directly related with the f2p build. So it should -at least for currently subscribed players- be awarded: a) at the beginning of the month the build goes live (dec 1) or at the date it's pushed live (dec 1-8)

Given what we have on tribble right now, this is just a minor annoyance, but this doesn't make it better.
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bort1980 View Post
I love how people are complaining that they get their stipend laster in the month to others. Why does it matter? We all get the stipend of 400 C-Points per month. Getting it earlier in the month doesn't make them worth more.

I'll be getting mine sometime in December. I don't know the date. I don't care what date it is. I think it is great that they are starting it early before STO is free to play.
The point is you are actually losing a month of stipend points for joining the game in January 2010 instead of February 2010. If the plan is to always award the points at the same time every month, I am 28 days (30 - 2 if I joined Jan 30 and the game started Feb 2) behind my fellow players who have also been here since launch.

Secondly, pre-F2P points will be very valuable if there is a C-store sale during Christmas. As I will effectively miss out on purchasing anything that will have a higher post F2P price (like ships) while on sale. And it means I will have the same problem every year.
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-10-2011, 11:35 AM
I think it's plenty fair that they give it to us on the day we activated our account. That's how the CO stipend works, so i'm perfectly fine with that.
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-10-2011, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneemann View Post
Employees are also getting their payment all at the same date; never heard economy crashed over this fact...

The stipend is directly related with the f2p build. So it should -at least for currently subscribed players- be awarded: a) at the beginning of the month the build goes live (dec 1) or at the date it's pushed live (dec 1-8)

Given what we have on tribble right now, this is just a minor annoyance, but this doesn't make it better.
Well, that's hardly true, there are companies that do weekly pay checks, biweekly pay checks, even monthly and biannual pay checks. There are also temp workers who get paid daily.

Now imagine the banking and retail industries if everyone (every last person) were to get paid on the same day.

And besides, the issue isn't that everyone gets their stipend, it's the cycle that would occur on the Dilithium/C-point Exchange if they did, and how it would be a potential exploit for people to game the system with their stipend use the cycle to get ever-bigger returns.
Lt. Commander
# 35
11-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Honestly I think a stipend needs to be given for every month that F2P has been the main focus of the Dev's attention rather than normal game development on holodeck.
On second thought, I say give us a stipend for every month that our sub payment has been used to fund F2P rather than normal game development. Thats probably the same amount of time as what I said above, but it drives the point home much better
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
On second thought, I say give us a stipend for every month that our sub payment has been used to fund F2P rather than normal game development. Thats probably the same amount of time as what I said above, but it drives the point home much better
How about a bonus for all the loyal subscribers......400 C-points for each veterans reward the day STO goes F2P.Now that would be a nice gift.
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Sure, everyone gets their stipend eventually, so it's all reasonable and fair, right? Wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdangelo View Post
First, we plan to bring the C-Store prices back in line for a subscription game before the Tribble build makes it to Holodeck. The prices won't go up to the current Tribble levesl until we have Silver members (non-subscribers) in the game.
So, anyone whose stipend date falls before the 17th will receive TWO stipends to spend at the original, cheaper prices. Everyone else, including the early adopters who paid their dues at the end of January 2010, will only receive one stipend before prices are hiked up.
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
How is it not what they meant. This is what was posted:

The stipend is granted on the “anniversary day” for your account. This is the day in the month which corresponds to when your account was first activated for Star Trek Online. This means that you won’t necessarily get your stipend right at the beginning of the month, but it will be coming for you at the appropriate time during December and each following month.

So, if you activated (I used the term subbed, but it amounts to the same) on the 28th, you don't get it until the 28th. That's what the problem is. All the headstart subs are going to be from the very last days of January, and not get their stipend until the end of December.

If they have to stagger the stipend then so be it, and I understand some people are going to get shorted one way or the other. But it seems a bit lame that the ones being shorted are those who played during head start. I don't want to sound elitist, but head start players have been here from the very start, I do think that should stand for something, and that we shouldn't be penalized for joining the game even before the official release date.

I agree. If they have to they could always start the stipend early, so that those that subbed during pre-launch get their stipend before the roll out to live. It's still the anniversary of their account. It still happens in a staggering affect and players that get their stipend early aren't going to be able to use it until release anyway.

Lt. Commander
# 39
11-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Well, that's hardly true, there are companies that do weekly pay checks, biweekly pay checks, even monthly and biannual pay checks. There are also temp workers who get paid daily.
Seems like this is in the US a bit different than in Germany.
Lt. Commander
# 40
11-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Sure, everyone gets their stipend eventually, so it's all reasonable and fair, right? Wrong.

So, anyone whose stipend date falls before the 17th will receive TWO stipends to spend at the original, cheaper prices. Everyone else, including the early adopters who paid their dues at the end of January 2010, will only receive one stipend before prices are hiked up.
Actually i have a sickening feeling that the price hike will coincide with the stipend rollout rather than the introduction of free-to-play. I just don't see them giving us the stipend without also hiking them prices up.