Lt. Commander
# 41
11-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Sure, everyone gets their stipend eventually, so it's all reasonable and fair, right? Wrong.

So, anyone whose stipend date falls before the 17th will receive TWO stipends to spend at the original, cheaper prices. Everyone else, including the early adopters who paid their dues at the end of January 2010, will only receive one stipend before prices are hiked up.
Iím a bit confused by this situation.

If things do in fact play out has you described, there will be a lot of lifers including myself that will miss out on a pretty sweet deal.

I understand that Cryptic is a business and has such they need to protect their bottom line and try to make has much revenue off of us has possible; however, Iím in full agreement with the Nagus in feeling that Cryptic should be paying out Stipends retroactively to all Gold members who qualify from the point that F2P development took priority in STO till F2P goes live.

Sure the gesture might hurt Cryptic/PW bottom line but it would go a long way in rebuilding the Companies image with its current and future player base.
Lt. Commander
# 42
11-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
Actually i have a sickening feeling that the price hike will coincide with the stipend rollout rather than the introduction of free-to-play. I just don't see them giving us the stipend without also hiking them prices up.
Well, we have Dangelo's word that prices won't change until F2P hits in January.

Of course, if this proves to be another Cryptic misdirection and the prices do go up in December, any reference to the original statement on the forum will constitute harassment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
Iím a bit confused by this situation.

If things do in fact play out has you described, there will be a lot of lifers including myself that will miss out on a pretty sweet deal.
Which would be consistent with Cryptic's contempt toward long-standing players.
Lt. Commander
# 43
11-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
I wonder if there are any members that bought their lifetime subscriptions back in December of 2009.
No, I got mine when they were first announced, 1/15/2010

I'll be starting early access somewhere else, so I really don't care when I get my stipend.
Lt. Commander
# 44
11-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneemann View Post
If they gave it on the 1st they would have to give out 100% cpoints in this first month. Taking the anniversary day, somewhere between 1st and 30th they might end up handing it out at the 15th in average, and thus 50% cpoints saved. Usual cryptic tactic these days.
I wonder where you came up with that math.

Anyways...this thread is an exact duplicate of the one that got created on CO forums during the F2P transition. Quite amusing to read.

I wonder what the next thing people will complain about...maybe that LCARS fonts should be used ingame or that the moon at SOL isn't made of cheese or some other pointless thing.
Lt. Commander
# 45
11-10-2011, 02:27 PM
This fair method of distribution is completely unfair because other people get it before I do!

This is the gist of the argument, correct?
Lt. Commander
# 46
11-10-2011, 02:31 PM
You know, just be glad they are giving you something. They didn't need to start it early so just be greatful!!!
Lt. Commander
# 47
11-10-2011, 02:44 PM
I subbed on the 29th of January just in time for head start. Why am I now at the back of the line?
Lt. Commander
# 48
11-10-2011, 02:51 PM
As a lifer and someone that's already bought just about everything on the C-Store.. I honestly don't care what day I get the stipend... I don't really need the handout, i'll probably just use it to buy dilithium..
Lt. Commander
# 49
11-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
This fair method of distribution is completely unfair because other people get it before I do!

This is the gist of the argument, correct?
More or less, and I think that's a pretty strong argument, frankly. We're all equal subscribers at this point, but some are getting their stipend almost a month before others. That's a pretty big discrepancy.

And it just gets worse when you look at the fact that anyone who subscribed during headstart is at the back of the line. We're the ones who have been supporting and putting up with this game from the very start.

After thinking about it some more, here's my suggestion:

In December everyone's stipend should be prorated based on how far into the month their anniversary day is. If your anniversary day is on the first of the month, then on Dec 1st you receive the normal stipend. If it's on the 5th of the month, then you receive 400, +400 * 5/30, or a total of 467 points. If it's on the 15th then you receive 400, + 400 * 15/30, or 600 points total. If it's almost at the end of the month then you'd receive close to (but not quite) a double stipend. This helps equalize things to put people on close to the same average footing.

If you think that last part about people at the end of the month receiving a double stipend is unfair, then you now understand what's unfair about the current situation. That is effectively what the person who activated on the 1st of the month is receiving compared to those of us who activated on the 28th, 29th or 30th. They're effectively getting a double stipend compared to us. By the time we get our first, they are almost getting their second.
Lt. Commander
# 50
11-10-2011, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
More or less, and I think that's a pretty strong argument, frankly. We're all equal subscribers at this point, but some are getting their stipend almost a month before others. That's a pretty big discrepancy.
You are still getting the stipend the same month as everyone else.

Should I start to complain that someone hit T3 Marauding before me on Tribble and demand that I'm to be boosted to T4 because of it?

It sounds stupid, but that is bassically what you are complaining about.