Lt. Commander
# 1 Why no friendly fire?
11-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Many things that do the game more challenging wew taken out

for example. Donatras Thalaron attack in Khitomer, or from I.R.W. Leahval.
Why was it removed, because all other scimitar dreadnought in Sector Defense Maps have retained thier Thalaron attack ability.
It wasn't too hard to avoid it. Now, Donatras Scimitar and the I.R.W. Leahval are a joke.W
hy not lower the shield regen and/or the damage resistance of all Scimitar's, but keep the Thalaron attack mode.

Greanades, Orbital Strike, Tricobalt, Eject Warpplasma, Gravity Well, Photonic Shockwave, Tyken's Rift, Mines.
These skills have to do a certain degree of damage to allies. It is illogical, that only my enemys get damage through warpplasma or gravity well.
Specially Gravity Well/Tyken's Rift have this magical ablilty to pick the right target.

These skills defenetiv have to attack allies. That woud made the whole game much more interesting, because you have to think about the right timing.
This would add a tactical component to PvP and even PvE.

What is the problem with deactivating the weaponsystems specially mines in social zones to avoid geiving? Energy Weapons are allready deactivated
i hope to see more friendly fire with the launch of ftp.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-10-2011, 12:46 PM
There won't be. Why? Griefing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt.Krell
Many things that do the game more challenging wew taken out

for example. Donatras Thalaron attack in Khitomer, or from I.R.W. Leahval.
Why was it removed, because all other scimitar dreadnought in Sector Defense Maps have retained thier Thalaron attack ability.
It wasn't too hard to avoid it. Now, Donatras Scimitar and the I.R.W. Leahval are a joke.W
hy not lower the shield regen and/or the damage resistance of all Scimitar's, but keep the Thalaron attack mode.

Greanades, Orbital Strike, Tricobalt, Eject Warpplasma, Gravity Well, Photonic Shockwave, Tyken's Rift, Mines.
These skills have to do a certain degree of damage to allies. It is illogical, that only my enemys get damage through warpplasma or gravity well.
Specially Gravity Well/Tyken's Rift have this magical ablilty to pick the right target.

These skills defenetiv have to attack allies. That woud made the whole game much more interesting, because you have to think about the right timing.
This would add a tactical component to PvP and even PvE.

What is the problem with deactivating the weaponsystems specially mines in social zones to avoid geiving? Energy Weapons are allready deactivated
i hope to see more friendly fire with the launch of ftp.
It's a game. Friendly Fire is great in an FPS where those that like it can play on a server of their choosing and those that don't can play on another server.

In an MMO, friendly fire adds realism, but that comes with with getting frustrated! Or griefing, or watching Borg in Kerrat annihilate themselves with each other's plasma heavy's... so in short, no... Friendly Fire is a waste of time...
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekSlide
It's a game. Friendly Fire is great in an FPS where those that like it can play on a server of their choosing and those that don't can play on another server.

In an MMO, friendly fire adds realism, but that comes with with getting frustrated! Or griefing, or watching Borg in Kerrat annihilate themselves with each other's plasma heavy's... so in short, no... Friendly Fire is a waste of time...
Why frustrated? Because you can activate skill without good timing? Because you dosn't look for other danger without the enemy? In PvP all the most Person activate all skills with the first attack. Why? Because there is no danger for them. But when they can get Damege for her own Gravity wave, then they must think about the perfekt Timing. When you win then an PvP-Match, you can say: "I'm good". But now is PvP to easy and not a littlebit difficult. Every noob can winn PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-10-2011, 01:07 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TovalMorgan
what exactly is frandly fire?
e.g.

You Activate eject Warpplasma. And your Teammember fly into your Warpplasma. Then your Teammember get Damage. This is friendly Fire. Thet you Teammembers can Get Demage from some of your Skills.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TovalMorgan
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
I assume English is not his first language. I don't care for friendly fire in this game. This smells of role playing.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
There won't be. Why? Griefing.
YOU MEAN CHILDREN MAY ABUSE THE LOGICAL ?

SILLY CHILDREN.

I AGREE WITH THE OP, FRIENDLY FIRE MAKES SENSE ON CERTAIN POWERS.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-10-2011, 02:45 PM

Want friendly fire, fine, just be sure to also add a way to dump some griefing idiot mid-mission.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-10-2011, 02:55 PM
In a casual game...Friendly fire has no place. HOWEVER...with the difficulty system the game has...I'd say put Friendly fire on Elite....in missions only.