Lt. Commander
# 11
11-11-2011, 03:38 AM
There's an exploit in base camp that lets players "climb" up to the BoP and follow the invisible wall to the adjacent section of the city (the one with the repair drones and the large assimilation dodads).

It needs to be fixed since players can use it to farm for borg drops and take them back to the crafting tent by beaming back down to the map (or if a caitian, climb the rocky wall in the back very carefully). I even have a little recording of that exploit here.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-11-2011, 04:00 AM
On beam in...

easily found the mission (quest) givers and everything was laid out in an easy to find fashion.

Powerplant (only one we partially ran)

Started out with just two of us and we easily handled the upper level, objectives were clearly marked, keys dropped fine, the interior is clearly marked on which area is which and where the transporter was. After completing level 1, we went to level 2 and again everything was well marked, easy to figure out but then we had two more of our fleet join and we spent the remainder of the time showing them around base camp and repeating levels 1 and 2 to show them.

All in all, was pretty fun, good layout, clearly marked objectives, no bugs encountered.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-11-2011, 08:11 AM
wow thanks for the video! ill have to fix the map's walls.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-11-2011, 08:48 AM
I was also un-impressed by the loot you can craft. And I'm not sure why EC is being given as part of the reward. I have plenty of EC, I'd rather take have 5 dilithium then 1000 EC.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Add some purple rewards and everyone will be happy.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethoir
There's an exploit in base camp that lets players "climb" up to the BoP and follow the invisible wall to the adjacent section of the city (the one with the repair drones and the large assimilation dodads).

It needs to be fixed since players can use it to farm for borg drops and take them back to the crafting tent by beaming back down to the map (or if a caitian, climb the rocky wall in the back very carefully). I even have a little recording of that exploit here.
It's FAR easier than that. I'm a human engineer and I was able to just run up the side of the mountain next to the wall, loop around, and jump in and fight the borg devices. Kinda futile, since you can't destroy them permanently (except for the planetary assimilator). But little point in being there except for the drops.

-Forjo
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaben View Post
a suggestion... a bank/mailing terminal would be nice...
Also recommed vendor for ground consumables.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethoir

But before you just go and mindlessly close this exploit, Cryptic:
Put in a a spot somewhere on the map where we can have a good overview of the place. It can be somewhat difficult to reach (but preferably not requiring cover shields), but I'd really like to have sight seeing point. I basically found this very "exploit" because I was looking for some of those rock formations to stand up and get a view of the entire zone.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-11-2011, 10:49 AM
I sincerely hope the stock of this crafting vendor in the base camp will be expanded. Right now that guy and his "products" are an epic fail. Sorry but there should be at least something useful in his inventory
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Yeah, i like this mission series, it's pretty fun so far, but as a VA i found that the rewards were pretty lacking. Would it be at all possible to add the Borg Ground sets as part of the higher end craftable materials? It would be a great place for it as well as make it easier then playing the same 6 stfs to death.

Will melee weapons be getting the same love energy weapons did for the new ground combat? This would be a great place for them.