Lt. Commander
# 11
11-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
There REALLY needs to have Kill Stealing Safeguards in place.

Just now I just soloed 2 Assimilated Priests and a couple of KDF players beamed them out, leaving me without credit! This really ticks me off!
get in a group of 5 and spam the area..
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
get in a group of 5 and spam the area..
This... medium's are meant to be played in groups... solo'ing groups, and loosing your target is your own fault for not following directions :p
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-11-2011, 12:37 PM
found a bit of a graphical bug when I was roaming the zone.
There seems to be something mission from the ruins, you can look nder the stone pavement.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-I...1-12-35-03.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-11-2011, 01:02 PM
At the 12 PM PST Borg Event, 15 players all gathered in Instance 4 and did the HARD Temple mission and succeeded, though only those grouped unlocked the Probe.

5 People are not enough on HARD and 15 was Overkill.

But when we won, we agreed that having multiple players there was a fun event and the Devs should start working on future multiple-group events with a common goal.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Really, we did it with 4 people... the borg invading the temple are really weak, AoEs are the way to go.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-11-2011, 01:36 PM
So there's been a little confusion about what easy medium and hard means to us, so I'll spell it out here for clarity.

For an average player:
  • Easy: soloable
  • Medium: 2-3 players
  • Hard: 5 players

Some of you may find the hard encounters too easy, and we will look into it. Just keep in mind that our tribble testers are typically the most skilled STO players, so if we set encounters for what you guys find challenging average players will be stuck.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
So there's been a little confusion about what easy medium and hard means to us, so I'll spell it out here for clarity.

For an average player:

Some of you may find the hard encounters too easy, and we will look into it. Just keep in mind that our tribble testers are typically the most skilled STO players, so if we set encounters for what you guys find challenging average players will be stuck.
That's alright, everyone who wants a bit of a challenge can do it with 4 or even 3 instead of five.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
Really, we did it with 4 people... the borg invading the temple are really weak, AoEs are the way to go.
Yep, I pulled it off with 4 as well, 2 Engs and 2 Tacticals. The AoEs really helped.

Quote:

For an average player:

That much is true, we are experienced. But most of the Medium missions are really easy, just time consuming.

As for Hard, well I can't comment on the other missions since they are bugged. But the Temple would be very difficult with an inexperienced team.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Quote:

For an average player:

On the last Defera Hotness during the last hour of the two, after completing the City easy missions, then completing the power plant easy missions... I went to the Temple and I completed both medium level Temple missions solo, most others in the area were busy with the easy missions. It took me about 25 minutes, 5 minutes of which was figuring out what I was doing with the artifacts and assimilated Deferi. I had enough time remaining to complete 1 and 1/4 of the easy missions at the Temple.

When me and my team got to the City, I did crash twice... a lot of players did with everything going on all at once. Setting the Visual FX Quality setting to low seemed to help, though not for one of my team mates who continued to crash.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the feedback Alecto. We're getting a lot of good info out of the crashes and hope to have them resolved soon.