Lt. Commander
# 31
11-11-2011, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xablis
Ok, so i have only tried out the first 2 "easy" missions, but it seems to me that it is a lot like the SFA event, with people hovering around to try to grab a turret after somebody else clears out the borg. Also, look what else we have, 3 more currency types! Yeah i know, these are for crafting "special" gear that you can't craft anywhere else! Guess what, the stuff i looked at was most crap and I do not think i will be bothering...I guess you want to make it so people will not craft anything in this game anymore, just buy some c-points and trade it for the dilithium to get the "good gear".

So far, quite disappointed after all the time waiting for this.
The gear in the store is good for levelling and running these invasions. the [Ap] and [Pla] resists aren't too useful for levelling but it saves spending Dilithium on levelling gear and the [Dmg] on the ground weapons is a nice little boost whilst again is saving you from spending Dilithium to gear up whilst levelling.
Although the gear isn't too good for VA level players for new players it's a nice time sink and an interesting diversion from the story line missions.
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-11-2011, 06:49 AM
Yey i got a tor Beta invite and its awesome
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-11-2011, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captmack
Yey i got a tor Beta invite and its awesome
sorry wrong forums
Lt. Commander
# 34 New Gear
11-11-2011, 06:53 AM
It is clear it is ment for level up poeple. Did not play long but hope the new borg devices do not go away or VA will not run it much. Leting people keep the new items like Hypo tell they are used would reward the higher up becouse they at some ponit will be doing Elite runs with them.
Lt. Commander
# 35
11-11-2011, 07:02 AM
The invasion event is a really nice departure. Since I the Season 4 combat revamp, I've been wanting some serious ground event.

I did all of the easy missions last night and all of the objectives were fairly clear. At first I was fairly annoyed at the Isolinear chip puzzle, having to do it 15 times, but after doing it 3 or 4 times, it was a lot faster.

The mission for updating the Turrets took quite a long time due to the volume of players and the small amount of turrets. Also TS (Turret-Stealing) was prevalent as I would clear the borg and then someone would jump in and update the turret. I imagine a lot of this was unintended, rather than due to maliciousness by the player. I probably did it a few times to someone else inadvertantly myself.

However, this zone as a whole is screaming for an auto-team or something. Also, being on the other side of the galaxy map can be annoying. Can we get a trans-warp to Defera or something? (Or does this already exist and I'm being a noob?)

For auto-teaming or transwarp maybe it could just go in the PvE Queue? Then when 5 people are signed up for a medium or hard mission, it auto-transports you to Defara?

Since I haven't done the Medium or Hard missions, I may be ignorant, but I really think that these quests should be rewarding Dilithium, and not EC. EC's fairly useless and I don't know about anyone else, but I've got boat-loads of that. Seriously, boat-loads.

However, I can't stress enough that this has to go in the PvE Queue or some transwarp for EC function.

All in all, I enjoyed the event quite a bit and I am extremely happy to have some new content.

Hope this helps. I'd do some medium/hard missions but I've got Skyrim tonight! (Maybe I'll take a break )
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-11-2011, 07:23 AM
Sorry, wrong Feedback thread... Content removed to preserve discussion topic.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-11-2011, 07:32 AM
haveing a few crash problems and the borg where sinking into the ground at the probe
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-11-2011, 07:46 AM
oops my bad.. city only...

everything works except the hard mission.
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-11-2011, 08:00 AM
I've only taken part in the 'Easy' part so far. I definitely agree with the "Need more turrets", and also not all turrets seem to show their indicator when they need their frequencies updated (I know there's one next to the city border wall that does this).
Lt. Commander
# 40
11-11-2011, 08:15 AM
I only tried to do the easy part. I was all allone at the map. At least I felt like I was allone. I died two times in less than two minutes. At the third attempt I got a systemfreeze, which was so capital, that I had to get under my desk and pull the powerplug to get my system up and running again.