Lt. Commander
# 21
11-11-2011, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasteroz View Post
so here is some new content. im actually quite impressed by what i have read regarding the ground invasion- it seems much more involved than the space portion. hopefully it lives up to the giant expectations it has,
Is that reall surprising, though? Ground Combat itself may never have been the strength of STO, but you can just tell better stories with a bunch of NPCs and all the typical human/physical interactions. Space is always a little shallow in terms of story.
Of course, one problem is that the cryptic engine might not really handle "complex" NPCs well. Fighting a B'Ger might be even better if we could target individual subcomponents of the ship and disable its defenses and offenses over time - but the engine doesn't seem to allow this.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-11-2011, 04:02 AM
*stupid question alert* which server F2P or redshirt?
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-11-2011, 04:20 AM
This looks awsome! If it plays as well as it reads then I won't be able to run around properly as my trouser area will be making a bid for freedom...
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-11-2011, 04:51 AM
Graphically the new zones were nice.... gameplay wise they sucked badly......

Tried out the city zone, after 25 mins i had only remodulated 2 turrets, and gotten tired of killing borg... Tried the power plant and the borg were respawning in faster than i could kill them.....

Overall just not a fun event.... besides killing borg is never fun.. i mean who likes the gameplay of "fire 2 shots, remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate, fire 2 shots remodulate"

Thats not fun at all....

The new remodulators looked intereresting, but after killing 50 borg i had enough resources to build half of one... in short the new remodulators are a waste of time, screw killing 100 borg just to get enough resources for one remodulator....
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-11-2011, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
love the new zone, looks fantastic and plenty to do. the single objectives like the turrets that anyone can do are a bit of pain as with so many people running around its hard to get them. i guess the encouragements is to team and therefore have a greater chance of completing them.

im not sure what the final frequency of missions per days will be but id have it 1 hour on and one hour off. or at most 1 on and 2 off. id hate to see it be once every 4 or 5 hours or something. i understand the mechanics of it are to reset and you dont want it on all the time, but dont make it too hard to get into please.
I disagree, the invasion needs to be at least 2 hours on, there's far to much to be done and 6 hours off at least would give players time to do other things, like everything else in the game including the other events. It'll become tiresome and boring to most active player if it's available to often and it's not like there's any other content around the corner other than the new FE series.

How many other events are there?
  1. Starfleet Academy event.
  2. KDF Academy broken event
  3. Fed Mirror event.
  4. KDF Mirror event.
  5. Tour the Universe (should be Galaxy. /end nit pick)
  6. Multiphasic (Scan anomalies) event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager235 View Post
*stupid question alert* which server F2P or redshirt?
Tribble Test Server, the button states "F2P Test (Tribble)".
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-11-2011, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
I disagree, the invasion needs to be at least 2 hours on, there's far to much to be done and 6 hours off at least would give players time to do other things, like everything else in the game including the other events. It'll become tiresome and boring to most active player if it's available to often and it's not like there's any other content around the corner other than the new FE series.

How many other events are there?
  1. Starfleet Academy event.
  2. KDF Academy broken event
  3. Fed Mirror event.
  4. KDF Mirror event.
  5. Tour the Universe (should be Galaxy. /end nit pick)
  6. Multiphasic (Scan anomalies) event.

Tribble Test Server, the button states "F2P Test (Tribble)".
2 hours on is fine but the problem with 6 off is that is that not every player can log on at any part of the day. some people have limited windows to play in. no one has to play it, if they get bored of it of want to do other stuff but i dont think people should be potentially missing the first major bit of new content because the time does not suit them.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-11-2011, 07:29 AM
New content finally, but in this we see an issue with Cryptics mentality of thinking. They're adding new content, and then they're gating it by "making it happen less frequently" This isn't something that shouldn't be done. If a fleet wants to gear up and go charging into a borg infested planet together as a fleet they should be able to do it on their scheduled when their members are on, not around an event calender that doesn't take into consideration some people have lives.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-11-2011, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
2 hours on is fine but the problem with 6 off is that is that not every player can log on at any part of the day. some people have limited windows to play in. no one has to play it, if they get bored of it of want to do other stuff but i dont think people should be potentially missing the first major bit of new content because the time does not suit them.
The thought did cross my mind, but I decided to ignore it so taking that into consideration how about off every 4 hours then?

This event should happen at the same time as two of the less popular events, then 4 of the more popular events can be on the rest of the time.

24 hours total days event time:

2 on

4 off

2 on

4 off

-------

2 on

4 off

2 on

4 off
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-11-2011, 09:40 AM
All I can say is. It's about time we got something new.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
24 hours total days event time:

2 on

4 off

2 on

4 off

-------

2 on

4 off

2 on

4 off
Same answer as the poster before you :
People have lives , (most) people have a Fleet .
Trying to juggle all that around some semi-random (or even not random) occurrence in game is just ... it just feels wrong .

Imagine if the STF's were time-gated . It's hard enough to get a team together when there is no time-gate .
And yes , I know that in _theory_ we'll have more players for a few months at least .
That's not the point .
The point is that most adults won't re-arrange their lives for a game on a daily basis .
A game is supposed to be there awaiting to be played by ppl , not the other way around .