Lt. Commander
# 31
11-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwin View Post
Same answer as the poster before you :
People have lives , (most) people have a Fleet .
Trying to juggle all that around some semi-random (or even not random) occurrence in game is just ... it just feels wrong .

Imagine if the STF's were time-gated . It's hard enough to get a team together when there is no time-gate .
And yes , I know that in _theory_ we'll have more players for a few months at least .
That's not the point .
The point is that most adults won't re-arrange their lives for a game on a daily basis .
A game is supposed to be there awaiting to be played by ppl , not the other way around .
also, to add to this, do bear in mind that people in other time zones also play this game ...
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-11-2011, 10:31 PM
I have to agree with others here.

For some people, trying to juggle your RL commitments with everyone elses so a guild can meet up can already be hard enough. Now you'r adding to that a good chance that group content won't be available at the same time that friends are available to play together.

If you really must time gate this, then it seems to me that there has to be a better way to do it. Maybe make all the missions dailies, and leave it active permanently.
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-12-2011, 05:16 AM
Just make it so only 1 or 2 parts of the map is active at any given time.
City at 1pm, powerplant at 2pm, temple at 3 pm, city at 4pm
again, probe every 2 hours so every section runs parallel to the probe a few times a day.
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-12-2011, 05:24 AM
I know I have already missed running the Borg Ground Invasion due to time constraints. I too would rather see it as a daily or even a twice a day daily. But I also realize that this means people who do have the time to play will get bored because there is nothing to do because of the lock out. A bit of a Catch-22 here.
Lt. Commander
# 35
11-13-2011, 09:51 PM
See they added a few new time slots for the Borg invasion. And honestly it lasts two hours. I had a blast and was only in it for 30 minutes. Can't wait till my next day off to really have some fun on it.