Lt. Commander
# 1 Champions Online Special Offer
08-04-2009, 07:31 PM
For a limited time only six-month and lifetime subscribers to Cryptic Studios' other MMO, Champions Online, will receive, among other exciting perks, guaranteed access to the Star Trek Online beta test!

"Beyond the deep discount on the subscription rates, we wanted to come up with added incentives and exclusives that, as gamers, we could get excited about," said Jack Emmert, Cryptic Studios' Chief Operating Officer. "With an early commitment to Champions Online, granting guaranteed early access to our next big game, Star Trek Online, seemed like a great way to engage Crypticís biggest fans in other projects at the studio.Ē

Lifetime subscribers will also receive an exclusive Mirror Universe costume set for Star Trek Online.

Here are the great features our loyal customers will receive.

Lifetime Subscription ($199.99 USD | $219.99 CAN | £119.99 GBP | Ä147.99 EUR)

* Guaranteed Star Trek Online Closed Beta Access
* Exclusive Art Deco costume set, available only to lifetime subscribers.
* Retro Future costume set.
* Unique Mirror Universe outfit for Star Trek Online, available at the gameís release
* Exclusive in-game Foxbat action figure, available only to lifetime subscribers
* Eight additional character slots!

Six Month Discounted Subscription ($59.99 USD | $65.99 CAN | £35.99 GBP | Ä44.99 EUR)

* Saves $29.95 USD (33% off!) over regular monthly subscription!
* Retro Future costume set
* Access to the Star Trek Online Closed Beta, beginning later this year!

Donít miss out on these great deals! You can purchase your subscriptions now!

Donít miss out on these great deals! You can purchase your subscriptions now!

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-04-2009, 07:35 PM
i know this refers to the CO game, b ut this practically guarntees Lifetime subs for STO @ $199 US. Fantastic !!!!!

BEAM ME UP FOR THE LIFETIME SUB PLEASE!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Will there be other ways to gain a beta key to Star Trek Online? I really have no interest in Champions Online. I wouldn't mind you know paying a subscription fee for Star Trek Online to get to help with the beta testing and a snazzy mirror universe costume set.

I really think though that making exclusive STO content and beta keys available through a subscription of a totally different and unrelated game like Champions Online is really very tacky on Cryptic's part.

I mean seriously, why not make a Lifetime Subscription ($199.99 USD) for Star Trek Online which comes with the Guaranteed Star Trek Online Closed Beta Access and STO Mirror Universe Costume Set? Why mix this great offer up with Champions Online at all? It just doesn't seem right.

I don't mean to offend anyone but yeah, just my two cents. I think it's tacky.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-04-2009, 07:42 PM
great strategy to make some fast cash.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmafire2374 View Post
I mean seriously, why not make a Lifetime Subscription ($199.99 USD) for Star Trek Online which comes with the Guaranteed Star Trek Online Closed Beta Access and STO Mirror Universe Costume Set? Why mix this great offer up with Champions Online at all? It just doesn't seem right.
Its because they are trying to get some development money back and they don't really care who enters STO beta.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-04-2009, 07:46 PM
So long as closed beta access doesn't mean 7 days before the open beta, I'm in.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-04-2009, 07:46 PM
I came close to buying the lifetime subscricption yesterday to get the mirror universe uniform and beta access but i decided to wait til today and think about it. I came to the conclusion that I should not buy a game that I have no interest in to get those perks. The graphic novel look to it did me in, what was they thinking lol.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-04-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm a grad student with like one class a week and nothing but free time. I have easily 40+ hours a week I can put into the beta.

Is there a realistic chance I can be a beta tester without signing up for CO which I have zero desire to play?

I would gladly pay whatever the lifetime subscription to STO is going to be pre-emptively for the same beta benefit
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-04-2009, 07:53 PM
what's got two thumbs and is in the STO Beta...This guy! (points to self)
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-04-2009, 07:54 PM
This is absolutely horrible! BETA keys for sale???
Closed Thread