Lt. Commander
# 21
08-04-2009, 08:18 PM
So far responses have all been fast and pretty much unanimous.

could we get a Cryptic response please.

I can't expect an answer this soon saying that things are changing to allow early STO subs to qualify. But someone please say you guys have noticed and are taking it into consideration at an impromptu meeting tomorrow
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-04-2009, 08:23 PM
If only there was 360 confirmation of CO and STO i'd jump right onto the 35 deal.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-04-2009, 08:24 PM
You know, honestly, they could just make the Mirror Universe uniform a Beta player exclusive, to reward their beta players for their assistance... (and all those that pre-order the game thereby getting into beta)

Pretty obvious that just because people like one of your games doesn't mean they have any interest in the other.

This smacks of some study they did at a Con or something where they interviewed ST fans and Comic book fans and found that the majority were ST and comic fans and so decided to make up this offer...
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
You know, honestly, they could just make the Mirror Universe uniform a Beta player exclusive, to reward their beta players for their assistance... (and all those that pre-order the game thereby getting into beta)
good idea there. I'll be happy to pre-order a game I'm actually going to play
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-04-2009, 08:40 PM
I hope everyone understands that this is a subscription to CO and NOT STO.
If you spend $200, you will get lifetime of CO, and Beta of STO, but NOT a lifetime subscription to STO.

I think Cryptic should clarify their post!
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Guys, this is a business decision. One of the ways to recoup some of the development costs of CO is by doing things like this. Yes it's a little upsetting, but at the end of the day, Cryptic is a business and businesses run on money (not message board rants). It's very tempting to me to buy CO just for access to the STO CB (which I may do even though I have little interest in it), but it's still my decision just like it's yours. They aren't forcing you to do anything, just enticing you so that they can recoup some money. Either way, if there's a lifetime subscription for STO, I'll buy it for sure.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConstableOdo View Post
Guys, this is a business decision. One of the ways to recoup some of the development costs of CO is by doing things like this. Yes it's a little upsetting, but at the end of the day, Cryptic is a business and businesses run on money (not message board rants). It's very tempting to me to buy CO just for access to the STO CB (which I may do even though I have little interest in it), but it's still my decision just like it's yours. They aren't forcing you to do anything, just enticing you so that they can recoup some money. Either way, if there's a lifetime subscription for STO, I'll buy it for sure.
if they need a fast recoup then just start pre-sales of STO retail box to package the beta access with
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-04-2009, 08:44 PM
I seen ''STO Beta Access'' and got a big smile on my face which then disappeared as i read on I also have no interest in Champions Online
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-04-2009, 08:46 PM
super heros are boring STAR TREK ROCKS MY SOCKS OFF!!!!

Phasers to the ready boys, I'm gonna blast anyone else away when they try to cut in line when they (HOPEFULLY!!!) give access to the beta to the rest of us....
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rota View Post
if they need a fast recoup then just start pre-sales of STO retail box to package the beta access with
lol, the current "sale" is to regroup money for CO's development. It really has nothing to do with STO (besides that Cryptic is the parent company of both games). I bet that when the time comes, they will have some "sale" to boost fast cash to pay for STO's development spending.
Closed Thread