Lt. Commander
# 1 Ground Skill Revamp
11-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Is this going to be done before the tribble build goes to holodeck in December?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Good question, would not make sense to put only a half skill tree in and fix it later. We already have quets a few things on the "fix it later" list with Crfating, Klingon content for lower levels and new weekly episodes (or any other new content).
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-11-2011, 01:09 AM
Could we maybe please have a Dev pop in here and tell us if the ground skill revamp will be before F2P goes to holodeck?

I agree it does seem silly to send this to holodeck with a half done skill system. I was still thinking there would be several more weeks of testing still. Instead I'm starting to think there going to roll out a half done skill revamp.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-11-2011, 01:13 AM
If you read Geko's original post about the skill system, it's *highly* doubtful it'll be in on the Pre F2P Holodeck Launch.

Personally, I'm hoping it'll be in a week or two after the Holodeck launch so it gets at least 2-3 weeks before F2P launches.

Also, considering how late you posted, and the fact you've only given them the span of 6 hours to answer the question.. I'd consider perhaps waiting at least a *few* more hours before getting impatient.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Oh I don't think I was getting impatient, just requesting a Dev to pop in, I know they are busy.

But if you are correct, and ground skills are not going to be done until after F2P, I don't understand why they would want to launch this with the Skills only half done. Big Mistake if you ask me.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-11-2011, 12:22 PM
heritic
when will we see the ground skills ???? we need this for our build's

i wont play with tribble untill i get the update the tree is messed up... makes it hard to skill up.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-11-2011, 12:25 PM
If Cryptic launch with only half a skill system I will be done with STO. That is simply not acceptable and is gonna result in a massive mess.
Cryptic: We are gonna make you Respec to the new space skill system... and then likely do it AGAIN once the rest of the system goes in.

This is gonna be hilarious to watch new players enter the game to see first hand how incompetent Cryptic are at actually finishing a job. This is the exact same stunt they pulled with the original launch, now they are gonna do it again ?

Yeah, get stuffed.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-12-2011, 05:51 AM
Well I think its also hard to properly judge the space skill revamp with out having the ground skill updated and in place. It really does come off as half baked right now.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-12-2011, 12:20 PM
we need the skill tree to be done i cant do a build right until then......its wrong
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-12-2011, 12:23 PM
The Ground Skills will hopefully come soon, but it's likely doubtful they'll hit before the early launch in December. They should be here before the actual F2P launch... at least it would make the most sense.