Lt. Commander
# 1 Diplomacy Grind
11-11-2011, 07:03 AM
Has anyone done the math for the diplomacy grind? If you don't play the DOFF mini-game you will need to do 10,000 diplomacy missions to get to ambassador. I used to like Aid the Planet missions. Spend maybe 20k -30k ec for 10 dxp and a green item. Then it went to 10 dxp and no item, not horrible, we ARE the Federation, we should not expect gifts for our good deeds. But now, the 10 dxp is the same but since the dxp level scale has changed it's worth about 0.1 dxp. I just skip ATP at this point, I will pick up the anomalies then exit out. Screw those guys, tell them to buy their own replicator. By the time I reach ambassador, I will be sick of seeing DS9 and won't want the stupid transwarp anyways.

I would like to thank Cryptic for the Deferi/Borg content. Nice of you to throw us a bone after almost a year without content (bringing the camera to over the shoulder is not new content btw). Now, how about catching up with the "weekly episodes". I figure from when you announced we would be getting "weekly episodes" there should be about 30 waiting in my available missions drop down. I'll go check.

PS My first office is slightly better at recommending DOFFS and since you got rid of the attribute icons in the upper right hand corner, checking to see how wrong he is, got alot harder. Put them back please.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-11-2011, 07:26 AM
The existing diplomacy missions are having dxp rewards changed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-11-2011, 08:40 AM
The doff system creates a number of 'diplomatic'ish rankings for a number of things, colonial, trade, engineering etc. Its only logical that they would include the diplomacy grind into the doff system. I've had no problem grinding up diplomacy with a combination of Doff missions and normal ones.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake45
The existing diplomacy missions are having dxp rewards changed.

Cool, I'm glad of that, just never saw it in known issues or in the latest patch notes so wasn't sure it was being addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Praetori View Post
The doff system creates a number of 'diplomatic'ish rankings for a number of things, colonial, trade, engineering etc. Its only logical that they would include the diplomacy grind into the doff system. I've had no problem grinding up diplomacy with a combination of Doff missions and normal ones.

Not even sure what that means. Diplomacy is completely different from the other DOFF items. First, it's the only one that has useful in game rewards in the transwarps. The others (trade, military, science) are just there for the sake of being there. Don't get me wrong, it's fun and interesting, but after you fill up your 10 slots with useful DOFFS, they don't really mean anything. Second, they changed the goal, so while I'm sure you did just fine grinding diplo with doff missions, unless you just started your toon this week, your "grind" had nothing to do with the new grind. Third, since they are fixing this problem, I'm just typing for the sake of typing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Some of the others do have in game rewards. Not for hitting the commendation tiers but things you can pick up along the way.

Some are even useful.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-15-2011, 07:47 AM
I'd like to see the diplomacy mission dxp scaled up as well. You changed the needed diplo xp from 1360 to 100,000. That's a 7,350% increase in cost to max out that tier, but the diplomacy xp in the diplomacy missions weren't scaled up at all to match.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-15-2011, 08:10 AM
itsmiami

It was changed to bring it in line with the KDF Marauding.

You have 2 ways to make DXP.. DOFF Missions, and Normal Diplomacy Missions. If you want that diplomacy on your toons on Holodeck then go grind them out.. you have a little over 2 weeks. Have at it.

I made Tier 4 diplomacy on my tribble toon a week and a half after thye introduced the DOFF system.
I only juts made tier 2 Marauding on my KDF toons. There wasa massive disparity and thats why it was changed. Go concentrate on Holodeck for a bit and get you Diplomacy up there while you can because thats the old diplomacy system in place there. First week of December thats going away.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Problem solved...
11-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmiami View Post
Has anyone done the math for the diplomacy grind? If you don't play the DOFF mini-game you will need to do 10,000 diplomacy missions to get to ambassador. I used to like Aid the Planet missions. Spend maybe 20k -30k ec for 10 dxp and a green item. Then it went to 10 dxp and no item, not horrible, we ARE the Federation, we should not expect gifts for our good deeds. But now, the 10 dxp is the same but since the dxp level scale has changed it's worth about 0.1 dxp. I just skip ATP at this point, I will pick up the anomalies then exit out. Screw those guys, tell them to buy their own replicator. By the time I reach ambassador, I will be sick of seeing DS9 and won't want the stupid transwarp anyways.

I would like to thank Cryptic for the Deferi/Borg content. Nice of you to throw us a bone after almost a year without content (bringing the camera to over the shoulder is not new content btw). Now, how about catching up with the "weekly episodes". I figure from when you announced we would be getting "weekly episodes" there should be about 30 waiting in my available missions drop down. I'll go check.

PS My first office is slightly better at recommending DOFFS and since you got rid of the attribute icons in the upper right hand corner, checking to see how wrong he is, got alot harder. Put them back please.
...just play the DOFF system.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klytemnestra
...just play the DOFF system.

Thank you.
I tried playing the other day but I couldn't play. Here is why:

The last time I logged in, I was less than 100 points away from teir 3 in diplomacy on the DOFF system.

When I logged in a few days ago after the patch with the math fix, I was just shy of 10,000 points away from reaching tier 3 in diplomacy.

I tried playing a few diplo missions... I stopped and realized the carrot was so far away it wasn't even worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebobkill View Post
II tried playing a few diplo missions... I stopped and realized the carrot was so far away it wasn't even worth it.
You know... that's how leveling up Marauding feels at the moment. Except the missions kill/injure your doffs.

WIP