Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
First of all, is the Borg STF (Infected, The Cure, Khitomer Accord, etc.) cooldown 24 hours and does it start counting from when you picked up the mission, when you first started the mission or when you drop it?

I thought I learned my lesson the first time, but now it's happened again. I spent forever trying to find a group that would stick together on the specific part I was on, but then finally decided to drop the mission, so I could join a new group starting from scratch. Even though I thought plenty of time had passed, I've still got hours to wait, so I can't join the group I dropped it for in the first place.

So, is it possible to see the STF cooldown countdown remaining time BEFORE I drop the mission?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-11-2011, 01:27 PM
i do not know the answer to your question but so you know the task forces are changing.

they are being broken into ground and space sections and attached to the pve queue. there will be normal and hard versions and depending on your skill level and they can be repeated non stop with no time limits. they are basically becoming more accessible and easier to get teams.

this will be going live in 3-4 weeks time.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i do not know the answer to your question but so you know the task forces are changing.

this will be going live in 3-4 weeks time.
Thanks for the reply. I'm actually working on getting these done before then and will probably take a break before F2P launch. It sounds like there are some changes for the better and other changes...we'll see.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-11-2011, 04:26 PM
No, unfortunately there is no way to tell unless you actually have kept count yourself since you picked up the mission.

And yeah, they're getting broken up and it is easy to find teams (if you like pugs), but you have to run them more times in order to get the gear you can get for a single run now. Yay grind! Woot woot!

Yeah, I'd try to do them before the change too. In fact I am, with as many characters as possible.

Lt. Commander
# 5
11-11-2011, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
No, unfortunately there is no way to tell unless you actually have kept count yourself since you picked up the mission.

Yeah, I'd try to do them before the change too. In fact I am, with as many characters as possible.
Thanks, I guess that means the (hidden) cooldown timer starts when you first pick up the mission.

I heard about the new, improved extra bonus grind. That's why I'm working on all my alts now too.