Lt. Commander
# 1 Borg Prosthetic Weapons.
12-14-2011, 12:46 AM
I have noticed some new borg ground weapons. Borg prosthetics. Id like some information on these if anyone has any.

Are they just rewards for the borg ground invasion? or do they drop occasionally on task forces as rewards? If so exactly what do you have to do to get them? Just the hard missions in Defera or do you have to defeat the Gorn boss. Do they actually look like borg arms on your character? Any screen shots?

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-14-2011, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
I have noticed some new borg ground weapons. Borg prosthetics. Id like some information on these if anyone has any.

Are they just rewards for the borg ground invasion? or do they drop occasionally on task forces as rewards? If so exactly what do you have to do to get them? Just the hard missions in Defera or do you have to defeat the Gorn boss. Do they actually look like borg arms on your character? Any screen shots?

Thanks.
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/130/borgweapon.jpg
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/2079/borgweapon2.jpg

They have a chance to drop from the loot boxes you get after any of the 4 hard modes. Note the word 'chance'

Also note that the Counter-Offensive (Probe Hard mission) is global and you don't need to be grouped to receive the reward as long as you have the quest. You unlock the mission by doing any of the other 3 hard missions and you don't have to unlock it again after that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-14-2011, 04:09 AM
this looks like something that i could finally equip on my Kithomer Accord Borg BOff that maybe would not look stupid on him?

But why only Mk X ? are there different versions?

PS: i've played the Deferi Invasion event yesterday for the first time (in the middle of the night)
i hate that it is locked away behind this stupid restrictive timegate, i probably will need MONTHS to get those rewards for all my 7 chars and after 2 hours i don't even have 20% of the 150 items required to *craft* this faster remodulator...

now you tell me there is also a borg gun hidden somewhere?
awesome...

Dev's can you please activate this event for 4 hours at least every 2 days, so that i actually get to play it?
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-14-2011, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
this looks like something that i could finally equip on my Kithomer Accord Borg BOff that maybe would not look stupid on him?
Sadly he doesn't use it like a natural borg does either but it looks better on him. I'm not sure if there's XI versions but there are different types of borg weapons. Like engineering one that drains shields.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-14-2011, 04:32 AM
I was "lucky" enough to get a Medical Borg Prosthetic, which I decided to sell on the exchange to buy a Tactical one. And to be honest, it's a fun little weapon, but completely useless against the Borg. It's basically a minigun with very high rapid fire rate (thus, Borg will adapt very quickly). Also, it's secondary firing mode seems broken, as it's completely useless. I'm not sure about other variants, but Tactical one charges in a way similar to Blast Assault, and hits a SINGLE enemy for laughably low damage, with a chance to knockback. One primary fire burst does more damage than that...

Also, if you're expecting your character to actually wear this like a prosthetic, then you'll be disappointed, as it's once again just a minigun-type weapon, with the same stance.

Cool little toy, but nothing special.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-14-2011, 04:32 AM
I've found this:

http://www.stowiki.org/Category:Very_Rare_items

There obviously are different weapons available. There is not much information given here but maybe it helps.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-01-2012, 03:35 AM
is the defera ground still going or has it stop . i've been there three diffirent times and nothing is going on
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-01-2012, 06:13 AM
Correction they arent new. They droped in old stf too.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arintal
I respectfully decline to agree with that, I've certainly never sen them before, although I do accept as very rare drops it's possible but I'd like to hear when/where you found one of these.

On a similar note, can anyon vouch whether the Borg medical kit still exists as a potential drop?
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arintal
I disagree with this. These are new weps.