Lt. Commander
# 21
11-12-2011, 05:49 AM
Yes the skill tree has changed, so you get more from less points. However all other space traits have stayed the same, giving you a + 10. Now the joined trill has gone from + 20 over 5 of skills, to + 10 over 3 skills, some of which are now useless for my build and make a join trill non-viable compared to races with 4 space traits. Its not what I paid for or took the time to level up, they have to give us a free Rerace/Retrait.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-12-2011, 10:27 AM
Beiber ur such a noob u should pick Alien for ur space pvp toons.

btw that 3.3 Training stuff is worthless, even +18 Tactical Team 1 is negligable

lol joking man. A nerf is a nerf. Its bull****. But i guess it scales well with the new overall nerf of the F2P game
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Well, with the previous stats it came out to a total of +19.98~ or so to skills, 'equivalent' to 2 space skills worth of points.

So it kinda made up for the forced ground skill if you wanted a space focused character.

edit: took me this long to notice I missed a number when typing that in... >.>
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-12-2011, 04:31 PM
It occurred to me, perhaps the skill traits can be switched out for something else?

Perhaps a slightly shorter cooldown (1 or 2 seconds) on BOFF abilities?

Or similar with Ground Abilities?

Anyone got any other possibilites?
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-17-2011, 01:28 AM
Well, this isn't just affecting the Joined trill trait...

It seems every 'skill trait' that isn't efficiency or warp core training has lost practically all versatility with the new skill system.

Techie, astrophysicist, etc.
They're all only affecting one skill in the new system.

The joined symbiote just got hit the hardest, with not only the versatility nerf of being swapped to the healing skills only, but the loss of the warp core training and the lowering of the science skill stat that it originally had.

These changes really 'takes away' the versatility we had with them...
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-17-2011, 06:36 AM
I am really ticked about this. I enjoyed using Trills as a character base specifically for the science bonus, because you could be a tac, eng, or sci and still be balanced into cross-class skills somewhat. C'mon Cryptic...stop your ninja nerfing BS.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-17-2011, 06:39 AM
Could this be because these traits have triple the effect under the new training formula?

It seems like that's a risk, that some traits would have gotten a disproportionate buff with the new formula and need to be pruned now that their numbers in certain areas should have tripled in effectiveness.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-17-2011, 06:44 AM
You have a point, Leviathan. I just think if that is the case however, someone should at least tell us why the change was made. Alas, it's status quo and of course we get no formal explanation as to why the change was made, we have to sit and speculate. To me, that is ignorance toward the playerbase by the development team.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-17-2011, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSEnterpiseZ
Yes the skill tree has changed, so you get more from less points. However all other space traits have stayed the same, giving you a + 10. Now the joined trill has gone from + 20 over 5 of skills, to + 10 over 3 skills, some of which are now useless for my build and make a join trill non-viable compared to races with 4 space traits. Its not what I paid for or took the time to level up, they have to give us a free Rerace/Retrait.
^ I don't even roll Trill and yet I'm mad about this. What right do thye have to take away one of the main perks for people to pay for Trills...this is wrong on so many levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supreme_heretic View Post
I am really ticked about this. I enjoyed using Trills as a character base specifically for the science bonus, because you could be a tac, eng, or sci and still be balanced into cross-class skills somewhat. C'mon Cryptic...stop your ninja nerfing BS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supreme_heretic View Post
You have a point, Leviathan. I just think if that is the case however, someone should at least tell us why the change was made. Alas, it's status quo and of course we get no formal explanation as to why the change was made, we have to sit and speculate. To me, that is ignorance toward the playerbase by the development team.
^ I agree, we should get a reason for a start..not some random nerf against one of the best species in-game....lol I wonder if we'll see a new Trill in the C-Store with the old trait
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-17-2011, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
lol I wonder if we'll see a new Trill in the C-Store with the old trait
C-Store ad: Get your Super joined trill now, with +10 bonus to operations, and +100 to currency gathering! Only 1000 Cryptic Points. :p