Lt. Commander
# 31
11-17-2011, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supreme_heretic View Post
C-Store ad: Get your Super joined trill now, with +10 bonus to operations, and +100 to currency gathering! Only 1000 Cryptic Points. :p
1000....isn't that a tad cheap :p

But seriously Cryptic needs to restore the glory that was the Trill.
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-17-2011, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
1000....isn't that a tad cheap :p

But seriously Cryptic needs to restore the glory that was the Trill.

It's 1000 because it's a deal! This is no normal joined Trill, this is the super-duper Cryptic sponsored joined Trill with hundreds of years of experience in taking all forms of currency, besides being good at science.

It's better than a hundred Ferengi!
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-17-2011, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake45
It works out something like this:

+3.3 Starship Energy Weapons > +3.3 Starship Weapons Training
+3.3 Starship Projectile Weapons >+3.3 Starship Weapons Training
+3.3 Starship Warp Core Training > Nothing
+3.3 Starship Engineering Training > +3.3 Starship Hull Repair
+6.7 Starship Operations Training > +3.3 Starship Shield Emitters

Now, those are all bonuses that aren't in any other trait, that I'm aware, but it still feels like a nerf. I rolled Joined Trill to play a scientist, not a healer.
Note, though, that with the current skill values on Tribble, a +3.3 modifier is about twice as much worth as it is now. (On Holo, a maximum of +100 can be added to a power via skills, on Tribble, it's only +33. Though the numbers will change soon, IIRC

The Starship Operations Training skill seems to be badly represented with Starship Shield Emitters. As you said, it's not that sciency. But I am not sure there is even any skil lleft in the tree that sounds sciency enough.
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-17-2011, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supreme_heretic View Post
You have a point, Leviathan. I just think if that is the case however, someone should at least tell us why the change was made. Alas, it's status quo and of course we get no formal explanation as to why the change was made, we have to sit and speculate. To me, that is ignorance toward the playerbase by the development team.
Trait rebalancing is a good reason to have trait and species respecs and for free ones to be offered when a species' traits get altered, I think.

So while I think the stat shift may be understandable, I can also see that some kind of redress would be ideal.
Lt. Commander
# 35
11-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Great. Now my wife's going to be mad. She's got the only Joined Trill on our account.

STO, if I don't get any this weekend, it's YOUR fault.
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-17-2011, 12:03 PM
so now STO's possibly hitting below the belt.....bad form guys, just bad form.....
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Leave the Trill alone Cryptic. Make yourselves useful & add Pacification to Betazoids & give every Betazoid a free passive respec. Otherwise, passives should not be messed with.
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-18-2011, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Could this be because these traits have triple the effect under the new training formula?

It seems like that's a risk, that some traits would have gotten a disproportionate buff with the new formula and need to be pruned now that their numbers in certain areas should have tripled in effectiveness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Note, though, that with the current skill values on Tribble, a +3.3 modifier is about twice as much worth as it is now. (On Holo, a maximum of +100 can be added to a power via skills, on Tribble, it's only +33. Though the numbers will change soon, IIRC

The Starship Operations Training skill seems to be badly represented with Starship Shield Emitters. As you said, it's not that sciency. But I am not sure there is even any skil lleft in the tree that sounds sciency enough.
I doubt it, they actually reduced the numbers on the consoles for this reason exactly, they dropped the stats on consoles because they were being counted in the x3 section of the forumla.

Even if it is the case, they're still removing the warp core training from it, and only 1 of the traits had it's magnitude lowered, the science skill one.
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-18-2011, 10:26 AM
As a Joined Trill player, I'm horrified at this proposed massive nerf, Cryptic please restore the Joined Trill to the way it was! (ie: please restore the warp core training part).

Considering the massive amount of time players have spent ranking up their Joined Trill character(s), at least Cryptic should give Joined Trill players the ability to reset (change) character's race (Change DNA, anyone?).

Surely the proposed Joined Trill was not what we paid for in the DDE edition, and some sort of redress from Cryptic is needed to address this legitimate players' grievance!
Lt. Commander
# 40
11-19-2011, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0qj View Post
As a Joined Trill player, I'm horrified at this proposed massive nerf, Cryptic please restore the Joined Trill to the way it was! (ie: please restore the warp core training part).

Still, even doing that, the way they've set up the new skill system with the lower tiers only affecting 1 skill all the skill traits are less useful. With the possible exception of the 'warp core training' and 'efficiency' ones.