Lt. Commander
# 51
12-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
I'll be reviewing both Captain and Boff traits in the coming days to ensure that their effectiveness is as close to on-par with their previous versions as we can now get. None of these changes were intended as nerfs, but were instead unfortunate collateral damage of the massive skill overhaul that just took place. I'll be cleaning up the debris as quickly as possible, and the feedback in this thread is very helpful to ensuring that it gets done correctly.
Thanks J man
Lt. Commander
# 52
12-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Quote:
I'll be reviewing both Captain and Boff traits in the coming days to ensure that their effectiveness is as close to on-par with their previous versions as we can now get. None of these changes were intended as nerfs, but were instead unfortunate collateral damage of the massive skill overhaul that just took place. I'll be cleaning up the debris as quickly as possible, and the feedback in this thread is very helpful to ensuring that it gets done correctly.
Is there any point to doing this before the ground skills part of the revamp?
Lt. Commander
# 53
12-07-2011, 01:55 PM
And sorry to hijack the thread, but please check the AEGIS and BORG sets as well.
Lt. Commander
# 54
12-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Can we get a re-trait tokan or something? Seems that some traits are now better than others, and that wasn't the case before. Not asking for a rerace token (although, that's be AWESOME). But My main is from just after beta and it's very simple to make a character that's better than he is now.
Lt. Commander
# 55
12-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the response.
Lt. Commander
# 56
12-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Getting some form of ability to choose new traits is a pipe dream of mine, but is beyond our current scope of changes. This is one of the reasons why I'm doing what I can to bring your previously chosen Traits back to where they should be in terms of effectiveness.

Only Space traits are on my current hitlist for review, but that includes Efficiency (Capt and Boff), Joined Symbiote and any other trait that affects your skills or power levels. If there's a specific trait that you all want to make certain gets reviewed, please note them by name, and what sort of change you would consider appropriate to make them as desirable as they previously were.

And yes, Snog - I'm also looking at power bonuses on items, those included.

Suffice it to say there are very few purposeful nerfs that came from this skill revamp, and the rest are simply equations that slipped thru the cracks and are being cleaned up as quickly as we spot them.
Lt. Commander
# 57
12-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Woot! Thank you J-Man. It will be good to get our working Traits back. I hope you'll be able to fix not only the Effect, but also the associate Tooltips (especially at Character Creation). Oh, and you'll get extra virtual cookies if you can actually fix (and make useful) the long-failed Leadership trait (as described in my post above).

If it's not too much to ask, when you're done, can you give us the new stats/formulas for Efficient and Warp Core Theorist? Or perhaps more specifically, the formula for how the Starship Warp Core Efficiency, Starship Warp Core Potential and the Starship Engine/Shield/Aux/Weopon Performance skills now work with Ship's Power.

Thanks in advance!

As a point of commentary, it would be nice if these sort of "bugs" were fixed before being rolled out to Holodeck. I know you guys were working very hard these last few months, but I would expect traits to have been considered and properly adjusted back in the Tribble Testing days. Frankly, I think the whole Space Skill system was given very little attention and few to no iterations, just thrown out onto Live for everyone to suffer through.

I'm not complaining, per se, but I care about this game and I'd hate to see it fail because Cryptic's game quality falls too low just so some Exec can hit an arbitrary Release Date.

I hope you guys learn from this and when the Ground Skill Revamp happens, you'll remember to properly adjust those traits before release and fix long-standing Leadership-like "bugs" (Things like BOs having Creative when they don't have Kits...).

Anywho... Thanks for your efforts J-Man. Glad you're on the team!
Lt. Commander
# 58
12-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Quote:
...Only Space traits are on my current hitlist for review, but that includes Efficiency (Capt and Boff), Joined Symbiote and any other trait that affects your skills or power levels. If there's a specific trait that you all want to make certain gets reviewed, please note them by name, and what sort of change you would consider appropriate to make them as desirable as they previously were...
You've got Efficiency and Warp Core Theorist on your plate. I know Techie used to help with ship repairs. It should just improve Starship Hull Repair, but instead, for some reason now buffs Electro-Plasma System. But even that appears to not be working. The UI still only shows 100% PTR and when testing energy shifting the timing doesn't appear any better. Please at least fix the PTR affect, but I would REALLY appreciate if you could put it back to Hull Repair. This trait is intended for Healers, who are mostly Engineers. Engies don't normally need help with PTR, so it's a real wasted trait if it stands.

Then also Astrophysicist got a nerf and a bug too. It used to help with Deflectors, Sensors, and Emitter -based skills, now only helps two of them by apparent design, though only the Sensors one shows up as being applied to the Captain's skills in the UI.

Leadership still appears bugged ("still" as in since Game Launch). It's supposed to grant "20% faster damage and subsystem repair", but has no/never had any visible affect on any powers or stats in the UI or while playing. And on BOs it's still listed as a Ground Trait (even on the new Veteran BO, which I find particularlly amusing).

I haven't checked out Accuracy and Evasive yet, are those working as intended? I have plans after work tonight, so I may not be able to do any of my own testing until Friday or this weekend.

Your help in squashing these bugs is appreciated!
Lt. Commander
# 59
12-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Getting some form of ability to choose new traits is a pipe dream of mine, but is beyond our current scope of changes. This is one of the reasons why I'm doing what I can to bring your previously chosen Traits back to where they should be in terms of effectiveness.

Only Space traits are on my current hitlist for review, but that includes Efficiency (Capt and Boff), Joined Symbiote and any other trait that affects your skills or power levels. If there's a specific trait that you all want to make certain gets reviewed, please note them by name, and what sort of change you would consider appropriate to make them as desirable as they previously were.

And yes, Snog - I'm also looking at power bonuses on items, those included.

Suffice it to say there are very few purposeful nerfs that came from this skill revamp, and the rest are simply equations that slipped thru the cracks and are being cleaned up as quickly as we spot them.
Hey, Bort, I noticed you fixed the Borg and Aegis Items, mostly. The Deflectors on both are still only give +1.1 power boosts instead of the +5 they should be getting.
Lt. Commander
# 60
12-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Quote:
And yes, Snog - I'm also looking at power bonuses on items, those included..
Whoo! Thank you for looking into this. I can't wait until it's restored to +5.