Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
Ok folks, I'm going to give myself a star cruiser for one of my characters. (currently have other characters with ever other kind of cruiser in the game.)

The question I'm asking myself is ... Which do I want to captain her? ... my extra Tac captain or my extra Sci? (The one not chosen will get the assault cruiser)

What are the pros and cons of either of these two captains in this cruiser? ... Any thoughts?

Following that question ... What is the best build for getting the most out of this ship DPS-wise and knocking off enemy ships?

Debating those sci powers with thoughts bouncing back and forth between a tractor or a T. Rift in one of the 3 sci slots.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
The question I'm asking myself is ... Which do I want to captain her? ... my extra Tac captain or my extra Sci? (The one not chosen will get the assault cruiser)

What are the pros and cons of either of these two captains in this cruiser? ... Any thoughts?
Well, obviously if you need to choose the tac goes in the assault cruiser and the sci goes in the star cruiser. That is just plain obvious.

Sci cruisers in general tend to suck pretty hard though.

Tac cruisers aren't as bad, but engineers are still the only class that really fit into a cruiser well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Well, obviously if you need to choose the tac goes in the assault cruiser and the sci goes in the star cruiser. That is just plain obvious.

Sci cruisers in general tend to suck pretty hard though.

Tac cruisers aren't as bad, but engineers are still the only class that really fit into a cruiser well.
I've had great success with the tac cruiser as well, however, I still want to figure out a way to make the star cruiser work.

Just need to figure out which type character can get the most out of the star ... The Tac *would* up the DPS a bit.

What would a sci really bring to it?
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Quote:
I've had great success with the tac console as well, however, I still want to figure out a way to make the star cruiser work.

Just need to figure out which type character can get the most out of the star ... The Tac *would* up the DPS a bit.

What would a sci really bring to it?

tactical captain, star cruiser and DPS don't belong in the same sentence.

the star cruiser is a support tank/ healer ship
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TovalMorgan
tactical captain, star cruiser and DPS don't belong in the same sentence.

the star cruiser is a support tank/ healer ship
So its about like I was thinking ... a tac captain can get the most out of this particular ship then?

Which is the better sci power to tac on in the extra slot? ... tractor or T. Rift?
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-11-2011, 04:12 PM
HE 1
SCI team 1, TSS 2
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Quote:
So its about like I was thinking ... a tac captain can get the most out of this particular ship then?
um...no...
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Quote:
um...no...
so you're voting for the sci captain? (Eng is off the table as I've got them in a few other boat types)

BTW ... The officer layout you gave is what I ran last time. ... Makes for one HELL of a tank.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Quote:
so you're voting for the sci captain? (Eng is off the table as I've got them in a few other boat types)

BTW ... The officer layout you gave is what I ran last time. ... Makes for one HELL of a tank.
thats the idea.

run tac team 1 and whatever else for your tac spots.

put shield and hull heals in your engineer spots
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Quote:
thats the idea.

run tac team 1 and whatever else for your tac spots.

put shield and hull heals in your engineer spots
Sounds like it would make for a ship great for being first in and cracking apart an enemy battle group so others came come in while you take most of the fire ... more so if a sci captain pops photonic fleet after playing monkey in the middle.