Lt. Commander
So I'm looking through the Dilithium (emblem) vendor on ESD at all the purple deflectors. They have probably the most unimpressive purple bonuses I've ever seen.

The base stats for a deflector now seems to be +16 to 3 different skills. What does a quality modifier add? A mere +0.81 which seems to round up to +1 if added to an existing skill on the deflector, so a +16 becomes +17. A fraction of a skill point. Really? That isn't remotely useful, not under this system, not under any system. I went ahead and tested this anyway.

I used a Borg deflector and a Positron array imported from holodeck (since thats what I had lying around).

The Borg deflector gives +16 to shield emitters and the Positron deflector gives +17. So how much more performance does it give to my shield heals?

EPTS 1 gives 1744 per facing with the Borg deflector, and 1759 with the positron deflector.

TSS 2 gives 1762 per facing and 502 per second with the Borg deflector, and 1778 and 507 with the positron (124 aux for both)

TSS 3 gives 2202 and 628 versus 2222 and 633.

Also note the Borg deflector's +5 aux bonus is only +0.38 on Tribble.

Very unimpressive change of about 1%. Obviously I have to question the value of those modifiers and the effort in getting a purple deflector if those stats aren't terribly bugged.