Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Lt. Commander
I just want to say I am really upset at the loss of 250 emblems for the 500 day Vet reward. I was really looking forward to this. Or the equal amount of dilithium. To say that now you will get a VA ship token, UNLESS you already had and spent one is a rip to those of us who haven't yet hit 500.

So it breaks down like this:
Over 500 days before removal of 250 emblems with VA ship token spent. When the new reward goes live to holodeck. these people will get the amount of dilithium equal to 250 emblems.

Over 500 days after removal of 250 emblems with VA ship token spent. When the new reward goes live to holodeck, these people get squat!

I am one of the latter and I gotta say, I could care less about a stupid VA ship token, I rather have the dilithium. I think they either need to give us both, or the choice. Its not fair that now because I had an account active before they took away the VA token and emblems, that now the way the got it, I will not recieve either. And I mean on all my current toons, not new ones. I wouldn't have had to roll a new toon to get my 250 emblems, in fact I would have had to have a VA toon just to get the emblems.

Now when I hit the 500 days, I get a big nothing. No emblems/dilithium, no VA ship token. Like I said, I could less about the ship token, but is it fair to take away emblems that I would have gotten had Crypitc not changed the rewards, and replace it with nothing!!! (I am not talking the title and other stuff, just the emblem loss)

I had figured it was a no brainer, when I saw they took the 250 emblems away, I assumed it was because they were replacing it with an undetermined amount of dilithium. (To be determined when they figured out the 1 emblem to x amount of dilithium ratio.) But now I get a useless ship token I cannot even recieve in its place!!!!

I'm ****ed about this!! I am SURE Cryptic will change this for this is very unfair to those of us who are not yet 500 days, but were looking forward to it. Why should we get LESS of a reward than the people before us.

Cryptic, you can ADD the VA ship token to 500 day reward, but you cannot take away our 250 emblems/dilithium!!! C'mon!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-12-2011, 01:48 AM
Over 500 days after removal of 250 emblems with VA ship token spent. When the new reward goes live to holodeck, these people get squat!

I'm one of those as well. I wanted to use the emblems to outfit my ship with very rare weapons. I hit 500 days near the end of last month.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-12-2011, 03:27 AM
You are right it isn't fair. But then life isn't fair.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Yep not fair. I had a BG1 saving them for LG1 to get the good purple gear for PvP and can't do it the easy way now......

guess I will have to play the game more now.

Cryptic, put more content in so I can play more, please.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Yes, it would be nice if they changed this back for us. Hopefully they do.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Pure and simply this should NEVER have been removed from Holodeck. They gave us the BS excuse of "Oh but we don't know how it will go on the F2P matrix..."

SORRY but the F2P matrix on TRIBBLE has NOTHING to do with holodeck characters at this point. BTW you also worked out a conversion rate for it so again its a NON ISSUE...

This should have never been removed and yet again, we get to bend over and take it up the tailpipe!!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-12-2011, 07:10 PM
I know! I remeber when they first released the 500 day vet rewards. It was the first time I could not wait to get a veteran reward. And now, Up the tail pipe!
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-12-2011, 09:50 PM
I have to agree with the OP. I'm extremely disappointed in this, don't care a whit about a VA ship token and would rather have the equivalent economic power of 250 Emblems instead. IMO, this is a significant nerf and a huge disincentive for players who hadn't yet reached 500 days (like myself).
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-12-2011, 11:29 PM
I have the admit I don't think this was the correct move. Gold members should get a VA token for free anyway and if they took a currency reward out it should be replaced with one.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-13-2011, 03:59 AM
They have already explained numerous times why they took it away.

If you kept creating a new character over and over again you would keep getting the points/emblems etc. Which would allow you to game the Dilithium System they put in place it also allowed to to game the system now by buying gear over and over again for low levels and make EC of it. This is why it was removed.